Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Cissy63  Yup, definitely a fun one! Can't go wrong with unicorns! ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ˜ƒ

This Iโ€™m From Mugwort Sheet Mask is a spectacularly soothing sheet mask for sensitive (or any type of) skin! ๐ŸŒฟ 

11.11.2022 M - Mugwort.jpg

Spoiler

The super soft, ultra thin, 100% plant-based Iโ€™m From Mugwort Sheet Mask is soaked but not overflowing in a clear, slightly viscous, light brown tinted, faintly herbal scented essence consisting of 91.45% !!! pure mugwort essence

Adherence was beautiful, with the softness and thinness of the material lending itself to that much beloved second skin feel. Fit along the perimeter is standard - similar to most Korean sheet masks - too long at the chin/jawline and just a smidge too wide at the temples. Openings for the eyes and mouth were well positioned and sized. 

As with other sheet masks, I left this one on for an half hour. The thin layer of essence remaining on the oilier parts of my face absorbs quickly, without tack or stickiness. My skin looks and feels soft, smooth, hydrated, and supple, with a nice bounce to it. What redness I had around the sides of my nose and on my cheeks appears soothed and diminished, while my overall complexion looks refreshed, brightened, and more awake

This is truly an outstanding sheet mask. The Iโ€™m From mugwort line has a wash off mask as well as an essence that Iโ€™ve been meaning to try, and my experience with this sheet mask makes me want to get a hold of each of those products asap, along with another of this sheet mask! A definite repurchase! Highly recommend.

@itsfi 

Wow, that's a really high percentage of something other than water. I need to get my hand on that.

Ok convince no more,, I have to try this one @itsfi 

This sounds like a big winner @itsfi 

I've never heard of this line, or even mugwort specifically for skin soothing or redness calming. 

Love masks that help out and reduce redness. This sounds wonderful! Great info, thank you!

@CynthieLu, soothing masks are always good to have on hand. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Mugwort has a few different names - artemisia and wild wormwood are a couple of them. Itโ€™s a skincare ingredient thatโ€™s been around on K-Beauty for a while; Iโ€™ve only become familiar with it in the last couple of years. 

I'm going to commit it to memory ๐Ÿ˜‹ when I am out and about if I see any in anything with it in it.

100% yes. Always a good idea to have soothing remedies just in case you need them. โœจ๏ธ 

@itsfi 

My bf's sister loves the I'm From things. I'll have to see if she has this one; it sounds like a nice soothing mask. Is the mochi filled with mugwort?

@nuinui933, I havenโ€™t tried everything in the Iโ€™m From line but what I have tried, Iโ€™ve enjoyed. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ This was wonderfully soothing; my skin liked it. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ I thought the mochi was filled with some sort of mugwort paste l, which would have been a first for me, but it turns out, that the mochi has mugwort powder in it. Itโ€™s filled with red bean paste. 

@itsfi  This sounds wonderful for sensitive skin ๐Ÿ˜€

@Cissy63, it is! Mugwort is known for its soothing properties and the soft and thin  material do not irritate the skin. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

@itsfi  Well, you definitely sold me on this one! It sounds amazing! ๐Ÿ™Œ 91.45% is kinda an odd number though ๐Ÿ™ƒ

This is a good one @Shosh85๐ŸŒฟ๐Ÿ’š๐ŸŒฟ๐Ÿ’š I think the offbeat percentage just makes it more interesting. Ha! I've come up with different theories in my head as to the reason for it - nothing to back it up other than just theories in my head. ๐Ÿ˜† A part of me thinks there must be a reason for it, but at the same time, another part of me hopes it's just something that happened to work out. 

A while back I had gotten a sample of the Lush Beauty Sleep mask with an order. I think I got a bad batch. It looks absolutely nothing like the pictures on the website. It's really dry and this is what it looks like...I like pairing it with the Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask Enzymatic Dermal Resurfacer 5 oz That stuff is amazing. If I'm ever near a Lush store I'll have to see what the mask looks like there before I ever order a full size. It smells absolutely divine though. 

It looks like acne all over lol. And zero of the purple mask.It looks like acne all over lol. And zero of the purple mask.Lush beauty Mask.jpg

@Samtian is it supposed to be mixed with a little of water? I've never heard of this one before

Nope! lushusa dot com /face/masks/beauty-sleep/9999960254 dot html

60254_4

No I would not use that product @Samtian!  Something is wrong with it.  I have to agree with you about PTR. Excellent ๐Ÿ˜€

@Samtian  Lush definitely has some nice smelling products! - too bad that was all this one had to offer ๐Ÿ˜•

Love that PTR mask - it's one of my most favorites! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 Lush smells too good for my wallet. The Pumpkin ah HG for sure.

Yes to that PTR pumpkin enzyme mask @Samtian - love that stuff! ๐Ÿ’– That's too bad about the Lush mask. It does look very dry. I wonder if it's just gone bad - many of their masks have a very short shelf life. 

@itsfi Possibly, it looked like that when I got it though. I'm trying to power through it lol. 

21,367 Replies
testing