Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Sounds like a nice masking session, @Shosh85. The aloe one sounds so soothing!

@quspork  A lot of the masks from this line seems to have floral/perfumy scents, so I was happy this one was so good! Definitely refreshing! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85   This looks like a nice combo for a moisturizing pamper session.  
i feel that way about the Curel Natural Aqua Gel.  I love how it makes my in feel but the heavy alcohol content makes it only an occasional treatment.  All things in moderation:D 

@heartsmyface  Exactly. Moderation is key ๐Ÿ˜‰ I would definitely repurchase and use again, but the alcohol certainly keeps me from going crazy and buying a bunch! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ

That sounds like a great combination!! @Shosh85 minus the alcohol ๐Ÿ˜†

@lmaster  It really was a great combo! The Aloe mask was a good way to balance out the alcohol ๐Ÿ˜‰

I've wondered about both of these Lapcos masks @Shosh85. So happy to hear that these were great for your skin! ๐Ÿ’– Love the results you got from the Milk Feel - soft and smooth skin is great any time of the year but especially as the weather starts to cool. 

@itsfi  I've tried 8 varieties, and so far I think this is a good line of masks, just nothing amazing. The Honey one is definitely my favorite so far!๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ˜‹

Have you tried any Lapcos masks?

@Shosh85, Iโ€™ve tried a couple of the Lapcos masks; and Iโ€™m pretty sure I have a variety pack I picked up at Costco earlier this year or late last year. I have the honey one you generously sent me - thank you! ๐Ÿค— Iโ€™m saving that for late fall / winter when my skin will need that honey goodness! ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ 

L is for lemons ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹ (and this is also my yellow submission for the other week's rainbow week challenge - thank you @sonnydee๐ŸŒˆ)

Lemons were front and center with Monday's masks!Lemons were front and center with Monday's masks!

Face Masks:

Spoiler
avatara Light Up Face Mask is a tencel sheet mask saturated in an unscented, slightly viscous gel-like serum that is heavy on the citrus fruit extracts, including pineapple, orange, lemon and lime. Other notable ingredients include extracts of licorice root, arnica, centella asiatica, calendula, and sugar maple, along with cucumber and aloe juice and sodium hyaluronate. The mix of ingredients lends itself to the mask's brightening claims, and suggests that the mask will also be soothing and hydrating and, indeed, the mask does deliver in all those areas - brightening, soothing and hydrating. For the last couple of weeks, I've been working on mending my skin from a breakout. This mask seemed to make the hyperpigmentation appear lighter, less red, and my complexion brighter. In addition, despite the amounts of citrus extracts in this mask, my skin did not feel dry at all, but had a nice bounce to it. Overall, this is a nice mask and one I could see myself repurchasing.

Ingredients (avatara mask): from avataraskin(dot)com
Spoiler
water/eau/aqua, propanediol, glycerin, ananas sativus (pineapple) fruit extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, arnica montana flower extract, ruscus aculeatus root extract, centella asiatica extract, calendula officinalis flower extract, vaccinium myrtillus fruit extract, saccharum officinarum (sugarcane) extract, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) fruit extract, citrus limon (lemon) fruit extract, acer saccharum (sugar maple) extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) juice, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium hyaluronate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, sodium pca, hydrolyzed yeast protein, sodium polyglutamate, propylene glycol, butylene glycol, panthenol, escin, ammonium glycyrrhizate, polysorbate 20, triethanolamine, citric acid, carbomer, xanthan gum, sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol
The thin lemon-slice pieces of the Kocostar Lemon Sliced Mask are fun and I typically layer these types of slices under my sheet mask, or use them on the drier parts of my face when I'm using a salicylic acid-based mask on the oilier parts. These slice masks are also nice coming out of the fridge on a warm day. When I know things will heat up temperature-wise, I'll grab a handful of the slice masks I have, place them in the fridge and then, around mid-to-late afternoon, when the weather is at its warmest, I'll grab these slice mask packs from the fridge and layer them all over myself - face, neck, arms, legs, all over. The slight cooling sensation is welcome and I get through a few more masks. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Youth to the People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Mask is well loved by many on this thread. Where I reach for the slice masks to provide a quick cooling sensation on warm days, the YTTP Dream Mask is something I reach for on those cooler evenings when my skin could use a little extra hydration and moisture. Also, as I am prone to do with my more hydrating/moisturizing overnight masks, I like to use this beauty as a daytime moisturizer for some extra nourishment for my skin.

Lip Care:

Spoiler
Sara Happ previously carried a limited edition lemonade lip scrub; it came in the jar. Since then, it's been reformulated and repackaged. Sara Happ The Lip Scrub Lemonade now comes in this tube form and it's alright. I like that this new tube format makes it easier and more convenient to dispense the scrub, but I feel like the original version in the jar was scrubbier and therefore, better at sloughing away dead skin. This new version isn't bad; the scrubs are more finely milled and softer and I feel like there are less scrubby particles. It's a very gentle exfoliation. Overall, I'm happy that there's a lemonade scrub in the lineup (the scent is nice); I just prefer the results from the original formula. 

INC.credible Gen Yellow Jelly Lip Balm is . . . alright. It's fine in the morning for lightly prepping the lips for product, but I wouldn't describe it as ultra-moisturizing. There's a fun component to it too in that it is said to be pH-adjusting, but I didn't really experience any change in my lip color. The balm itself is on the thinner side so it is one that I would just use as part of a morning prep routine. On its own, the balm is not going to be hydrating or moisturizing enough for most people and because of that, it's not something I'd use in my evening routine unless I was layering another more moisturizing lip balm over it, in which case, I'd just go for that moisturizing lip balm.

Youth To The People Mini Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 0.5 oz/ 1... 

INC.redible Gen Yellow Jelly Lip Balm + Nail Polish Duo 

Very pretty photo, @itsfi! Great that YTTP has a mini of that mask now, too ๐Ÿ™‚

d7214e3720a5ee6a3ac93d169780d24e

Thank you @eshoe. Itโ€™s nice to see more products, especially masks, available in mini sizes. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™‚

@itsfi   Your photos are all so charming!  And ouhhh that Avatara mask sounds wonderfully brightening and gently exfoliating! Why Iโ€™m looking for more masks is beyond me but here I am. 

@heartsmyface, awww, thank you, hon! ๐Ÿค— These avatara masks are nice; Iโ€™ve liked all the ones Iโ€™ve tried so far. I wish I had picked up more when I first happened upon them. 

โ€œWhy Iโ€™m looking for more masks is beyond me...โ€ Itโ€™s for science, hearts. All for science. ๐Ÿ”ฌ๐Ÿงช๐Ÿ˜‰

The vintage-looking packaging of the Kokostar mask is so appealing, @itsfi!  Sucked me in immediately (as did your entire flatlay).  And I LOVE the YTTP dream mask--it was my go-to winter moisturizer last year and I actually have one just waiting for me to start using in a month or two when the air gets colder and drier.

@CookieGirl1, thank you for your kind words. โ˜บ๏ธ Oh yes, 100% agree with you - I like (and miss) the vintage packaging on the Kocostar slice masks. My recollection is that the packaging for their hand, foot and hair masks are still styled with this vintage design. Functionality is the same but thereโ€™s something visually appealing to me about the original packaging and seeing it on my table. ๐Ÿ˜

I can definitely see how YTTP is a winter go to. โ™ฅ๏ธ Do you use it day and night? My primary winter moisturizer is a combo of belif moisturizing bomb + The Ordinary rosehip seed oil, and Iโ€™ll reach for a heavier/creamier moisturizer when needed. The YTTP is looking like itโ€™ll be that moisturizer. 

@itsfi I CAN use the mask as a moisturizer both day and night because it actually seems to sit well under makeup but I prefer to use it primarily at night, for the most part, unless my skin is extremely dry. 

That makes sense @CookieGirl1. It is very nourishing. ๐Ÿ’›

@itsfi  Such a great picture, as usual! Yellow is such a cheerful color ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‹

The Avatara mask sounds wonderful! Glad it could help calm and brighten! Love that you got an added bonus of bouncy-ness ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

Awww, thank you @Shosh85! ๐Ÿค— Yellow puts a smile on my face. ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’› Bouncy skin is something I like more and more with each passing day. ๐Ÿ˜

I feel the same way @itsfi love the flavor of the scrub,, but wish it didn't melt so fast

21,367 Replies
testing