Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@itsfi Thank you! Me too. 

@Samtian  The art on that is gorgeous! Nice that theyโ€™re having a good effect on your skin!  

@heartsmyface Thank you! My fivehead was pretty red but that was about it.

@Samtian I'm glad this Mitomo mask worked well for you! I love the sleeve designs from their Ukyio-E line. Haven't tried this particular one yet, but now I'll keep an eye out for it. 

@WinglessOne Ooh those are incredible looking. If you don't see one in the next couple of weeks let me know and I can send you one.

L is for Lift Up Pack.   These V Lifting masks are soooo good!  A downfall is they take an hour or two of wear.  This one by Todayโ€™s Cosme is a sticker type mask that wraps around the ears.  My face is slightly too wide for this or itโ€™s meant to be tight.  Iโ€™m unsure which, but it tugs and folds my ears downward which is mildly uncomfortable so every once in a while Iโ€™ll pull it back to give my ears some relief.  The effects are amazing!  My jawline is becoming more lax and this mask really defines it for about three hours or so while delivering wonderful hydration.  (Iโ€™m pretty sure any compression mask will deliver the same results but Iโ€™ve ordered a few brands to compare for science:) 

CEA29D34-4728-464E-9490-12555D727FB1.jpeg

โ€ƒ

5E2534A9-7C3F-4227-B79C-9EFD2648F20B.jpeg

โ€ƒ

โ€ƒ

I think I'm desperately needing a lifting mask again ๐Ÿ˜ฃ @heartsmyface good ol quarantine neck coming at full speed! ๐Ÿคฆ 

@heartsmyface Sold! Does this come through Prime? We are doing our annual family pictures for the kids' birthday and this would be great to prep. Off to Google now.

@ShortErica @Not this one specifically.  I couldnโ€™t find this one at all online but they did have a few varieties available through prime.  ๐Ÿ™‚ 

That's what I found too @heartsmyface. Now to sift through reviews. ๐Ÿ™‚

@heartsmyface, youโ€™ll have to let us know the results of your research. The pic of the back side of this V-Lifting mask gave me a good chuckle - I never knew there was an ideal face line! ๐Ÿ˜† Good to know these call for an hour or two of wear time. Iโ€™ve only used these types of masks a few times and have only kept them on for 10-20 minutes. Now I know that is not enough time to get my face line to the ideal place. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi   I know in Korea the ideal is heart shaped petit and soft.  Itโ€™s a big deal.   Not so much here that I know of...
The two hours is important with compression so they lymph nodes have time to drain but not to allow a lot of fluid to come back and sit and collect.  The results are temporary but noticeable.

I have a fabric compression band that acts the same way as these sticker masks which youโ€™re supposed to wear overnight.  Itโ€™s a little uncomfortable but maybe Iโ€™m just not desperate enough for results yet.  

Ahhh, that makes sense @heartsmyface! I dunno if I have 2 hours in me to give to a mask like this, but I will try for an hour the next time I use one, though I'm not sure I can muster through if it's too uncomfortable. But I shall try. For science, and for you! ๐Ÿ’–

I donโ€™t know why I canโ€™t seem to add more photos to my post but this gave me a giggle.  I always want to be a special person Todayโ€™s Cosme.   Always!  

4F2210E8-19B9-46BE-B544-4658F14F8777.jpeg

โ€ƒ

โ€ƒ

This is what makes Google translate so special, @heartsmyface ๐Ÿ˜„

Haha! I love finding things like this! @heartsmyface, I'm 100% positive you're a special person whether or not you use this ๐Ÿ˜‰
So happy to hear you've been loving this one! It sounds wonderful! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

P.S - What does the second thing you underlined say? I'm having trouble zooming in 

@Shosh85   You say that now AFTER I used the mask!  It works!!    ๐Ÿ˜†

Yeah sorry about that.  The photos are clear on my phone but burry here unless you click on them.   It says โ€˜we recommend that you talkโ€™.   I am uncertain if they truly recommend this to get the lymph nodes drained or if something was lost in translation.  Either way, I made a point to talk to my cat cause the instructions said so.  

Haha, don't we all, @heartsmyface? I'm glad to see you're getting decent results from these!

L is for Lapcos

9308934D-0872-42FA-BA8F-76406FBA9140.jpeg

Spoiler

Lapcos Milk Feel Exfoliating & Cleansing Pad

This is a cotton pad that is saturated with a slightly thick milky essence. The scent was like a combination of milk and rubbing alcohol- but it was light enough that it didn't bother me. I stuck my fingers into its convenient pouch and lightly rubbed it all around my face. It foamed up a little and there was just the very slightest bit of graininess that didn't feel abrasive at all. It didn't take much rubbing before the essence started balling up/getting chunkier (which was supposedly part dead skin cells), and I rinsed with lukewarm water. My face felt refreshed and clean and was SOO soft and smooth!

I really loved this and the alcohol in it is the only thing keeping me from buying a box. I would definitely repurchase, but it couldn't be something that I could use regularly.
F0F8B634-48C8-4B18-AA8B-45E36902C6FA.jpeg

Lapcos Aloe Soothing Sheet Mask

This is a thin meshy sheet mask that was fully saturated with a thick gel serum. It had light and refreshing scent that was like a combination of aloe and cucumber. The fit was a little big and was too wide and long at the chin. The adherence was great and it was comfortable and cooling to wear. I removed it after about a half hour and my face instantly felt soothed and refreshed. There was quite a bit of tackiness that stuck around for about a half hour. My face was lightly moisturized, hydrated and had a nice glow.

I really loved this one, and it's the perfect mask to use after being out in the sun. I love that it has cica in it, and I find it kinda funny that cica is listed higher in the ingredients list than aloe. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ I will definitely repurchase this one!

8A44D3E9-7793-4591-99E6-7F9A258527AD.jpeg

Milk and rubbing alcohol, @Shosh85? Not sure about that one. My first thought was curdled milk and I would most definitely not want that on my skin. The aloe one is so enjoyable, though! Looks you you might be working through your Costco stash ๐Ÿ™‚

@eshoe  I have to admit, the Milk Feel pad did have an odd consistency! I wouldn't say it was exactly like curdled milk, but I could see how some people wouldn't like it ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚

Yup, this was actually the last of the Costco pack! I also found a 10 pack of Honey at Burlington Coat Factory that I'm still working on - which is fine, since that is my favorite one from the brand so far! Next I'd like to try some of the new ones; Cica, Escargot, Ceramide and Propolis are the ones I'm most interested in. I'd really like to compare the Cica mask with the Aloe one (since the Aloe mask had cica higher in the ingredients than actual aloe) and I'd also like to compare the Propolis mask with the Honey one! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

21,367 Replies
testing