Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Ohhh @Samtian, I'm so sorry about your experiences with these interactive masks. I have to say that I tend to just take a pair of scissors to many of these types of sheet masks - it's just easier that way, and better for my sanity sometimes. ๐Ÿ˜†

Well after an experience like this, I might have just given up masking altogether @Samtian ๐Ÿ˜‚ So sorry it was a bust, just goes to show one mask does not fit all!

@eshoe Haha it definitely solidified my view of the brand. 

@Samtian Awe man, sorry these are giving you trouble! It's so much easier to just take a mask out of the package and slap it on your face. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ It's too bad it left you feeling greasy- I'm wondering if this one is just not for your skin type. ๐Ÿค”

@Shosh85 Probably doesn't help it was expired.

Up your nose! @Samtian ๐Ÿ˜‚ lol. I'm sorry that happened. I heard the honey is also heavy so if you run into that one watch out. I haven't used it yet, personally. 

@sonnydee Haha I don't know how it went up but it did! I'm avoiding this brand once I finish.

I always like the oozzoo masks for the fun factor but I totally understand the frustration with getting the product into the mask sachet @Samtian I always wonder if I actually got any of it into the mask then onto my skin.  Hopefully you'll. have a better go with the next one!

@missjeanie Haha thank you it is indeed always a wonder. Thankfully I only have a few bears left.

Haha - that does look pretty tricky to open @Samtian 

@PrettyPaint I swear you have to be the Hulk lol.

Oh no, sorry you aren't having a good time with this brand @Samtian. But it's always helpful to know what you don't like.

@ShortErica So true!

Alrighty... still going on my two a day program. My university boyfriend used to refer to his workouts as two a days.... I'm stealing it for my masking.  All this skincare to keep up my empties has actually been super fun.  I'm not wasting anything or using stuff at random, just making sure I'm doing a full routine even if I'm working from home.  We'll see how long I can keep it up!

Tuesdays Masking

Spoiler
I was tired in the morning and so grabbed the Yaddah Snail mask as it was on top of the pile.  This is an easy pick for me as I know I like Snail, I have quite a few of these masks, and since I've used so many of them, I know how I feel and didn't need to think about it.  No real scent on these, a decent fit (I snipped across the nose), and I get a good dose of extra moisture from it, these are great filler masks for me and I'm happy to use them.  I picked up a 10 pack when @itsfi got me started into snail masks and have grabbed a couple more over the last year or two to use whenever I don't want to think about what I'm using or what my skin needs.  Snail goo is a favourite of mine and my skin always tends to look a bit bouncier and more awake after a round of these.  The price is also right at TJ's/Winners for these. 

PM mask was the Dr. Jart Moist lover.  I figured this could count as gross since so many people hate the word moist lol.  I've used a couple of masks from this line and I enjoy the system.  Add a layer of the gel serum onto your face then cover your face with the two piece gel material mask to seal in the serum.  The mask fit great, I used up the entire serum capsule by running it down my neck as well and had the mask on for about 45 minutes.  This is a mask that advises you to use it for 30-40 minutes so I could have gone longer I think.  I massaged the rest of the serum in after removing the mask but it felt like it wasn't quite absorbing.  Wait another 10 minutes... still not absorbed, feels a bit like a massage oil at this point.  A full 2 hours later when I go to do my nightly routine and it still feels like I have a layer of serum on my face.  Now it didn't feel gross or like it was floating on top of my skin, but I still chose to use a makeup eraser with water to give my skin a touch of a wash before putting on my night routine.  I chose to do this simply because I have a few little hormonal breakouts at the moment and wanted my night routine to be able to sink in.  Would I use this again? yes.  Would I buy this again? Sure, if I found them on sale I'd buy it again.  I think on a good day I could get away without doing a night time routine after using. 

IMG_8287.jpg

Wednesday Masking

Spoiler
Zero time this morning to do a mask... I slept in and was rushing to get things going this morning.  After work I washed up early and used the Beauty Spot Collagen eye mask. My eyes were looking for a little extra help and I'm wondering if it's time to get some filler again? The good thing about these masks is that they're the sticker style.  Awesome for getting some stuff done around the house, I had them on for about 40 minutes and they peeled off easily when I removed.  Were my eyes suddenly that of a 20 year old model with zero stress who gets 9 hours of sleep a night? no. did they look a bit more refreshed than earlier in the day? yes. Are these a miracle product? no. My dark circles and hollows are genetic and I've accepted that no eye patch will solve these issues for me, however they do feel nice and help with hydration. I've got a few more of these and I'll happily use them.  I tend to enjoy the sticker style eye patches. 

Before getting into my night routine I chose The Cream Shop Cica-Mend.  This comes in a Green package and has a Tiger on the mask, G&T covered!  I looked great in this one.  You'll have to take my word for it, I forgot to snap a photo.  I don't recall a scent here but I didn't really think about it, so it didn't stand out if there was one.  My skin looked fine after this.  Standard sheet mask results. No snipping needed for the fit, and I enjoyed easy massage in and low tack of this mask.  Was good to sit and relax for a few minutes wearing it.  I'm happy with my rest/me/mask time tonight.  I have a few more of these and they're for sure a better version of TCS printed masks.  I'd buy again if I stumbled across them on sale, but wouldn't seek them out. 

Ha! Love the "two-a-day" program @missjeanie! Yaaay for the snail! ๐ŸŒ I'm so happy to hear that it's an ingredient that has worked out so well for you. I also send a huge and heartfelt 'thank you!' to you for giving snail a fair shake. I know it's not an ingredient that people naturally gravitate to and I appreciate your openness to it. After reading your review on that Dr. Jart mask, I'm now more excited about using mine. I'll have to pull it out and give it a try soon; it sounds good. 

@itsfi  lol I'm vain enough to try just about anything to keep my skin in check!  And if it works who am I to deny it.  After doing more reading on it, snail is now just a part of my life... hmmmmm maybe I should start up a little farm?  Wonder if I could convert the garage here or if I'd need to go out to the family farm and get a barn going?  Would goo straight from the source be more pure? lol

Two a days, those are some good skin work outs @missjeanie! Good for you, winter isnโ€™t going to have a chance giving you dry skin this year;)

lol @eshoe That's the hope!  Might be the only work outs I do... so I gotta make em good! lol

@missjeanie  This made me laugh, because there really are so many people that are disgusted by the word moist. 

That yadah snail mask is definitely a nice one.

Right @PrettyPaint lol! Gotta make the categories work somehow. 

Yes I'm thinking second half of 2021 will be some not thinking masking with those Yadah and seeing if using them consistently impacts my skin @missjeanie. TCS has not been my favorite but that cica one was nice for me. Good luck with your 2 a days!

21,367 Replies
testing