Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

I used these three masks throughout last week. In a nod to that week's theme, it was vitamin E that tied each of these three masks together, as all 3 masks contained an ingredient that is a source of Vitamin E. 

E - Vitamin E & Etude - Propolis + Honey.jpg

Wash Off
Spoiler
VT has a few masks in these capsules - while the packaging may not be the most eco-friendly (though they are recyclable), they work beautifully for travel,  which is almost always a plus for me. The thicker-leaning vibrant yellow gold tinted gel-cream is soft and spreadable and boasts soothing and moisturizing ingredients like royal jelly, honey, propolis, marigold, and ubiquinone, among others. The consistency of the VT Progloss Gold Capsule Mask is a bit gooey and goopy, and requires seom extra washing. It also contains a sparkly, glittery element but can be challenging to wash off and using a wash cloth is something I would recommend. 

There's a generous amount of product in each capsule, enough for at least 2 masking sessions. Directions recommend leaving the mask on for 10-15 minutes and it's advisable to keep an eye on the time since the mask itself doesn't dry down and you could easily have the mask on for more than 30 minutes. Once the mask has been rinsed off, skin is left looking more awake, with a radiant, healthy glow and feeling hydrated and nourished. Of the two masks in this series, I'm partial to the sheet mask but find this one to be a nice treat to use as part of makeup prep before a special occasion. 
Sheet Mask
Spoiler
Ahhh, Etude House (now known as Etude)! This brand has been around for a long time, going back as far as 1958. It makes some of my favorite sheet masks and skincare products so it was an easy decision to pick up this Etude House Real Propolis Tension Mask when I came across it. 

Claim(s): Brightening, nourishing, soothing and improves wrinkles

Material: Described as a Tension Mask, this honeycomb printed sheet has a certain tautness (without being rigid) and elasticity to it and beautifully wraps around the corners and contours of the face.

Adherence: Beautiful. 

Fit: Good. A more tailored fit can easily be had with some adjustments to the length at the chin/jawline and the openings of the eyes and mouth.

Essence: Clear, liquid with a consistency between water and a serum

Viscosity: Very slight - enough to keep it from being watery and runny

Scent: An extremely faint floral scent; there are hints of honey that can be picked up but it is very subtle. I wouldn't have minded if it was more prominent.

Performance (30 minutes wear): Ahhhh, this sheet wore close to the skin and felt comfortable for the entire half an hour I had it on, sealing in the goodness from the ingredients packed into the essence. During that time, I did not experience any tingling or irritation.

Results: Soft, supple, hydrated skin. My complexion looked refreshed and rejuvenated and had a lovely bounce to it. 

Repurchase?: Oh yes, this is a buy, buy, buy for me, and a mask I'd recommend for those with dry, very dry or hydrated skin. Those with oily, normal or combination skin would like this as well with some adjustments for wear time and wringing out some of the essence before application depending on the oiliness of their skin.

Etude House Propolis Tension Mask 1.jpg
Etude House Propolis Tension Mask 2.jpg

Hair Mask
Spoiler
The creamy consistency of the Project Beauty Hairgurt Intense Repair Yogurt Hair Masque Almond Honey is on the thicker side, but without being too heavy that it/s unwieldy. 5-10 minutes is all that's needed for soft, shiny, smooth tresses. The delicious almond and honey scent I was hoping for didn't come to fruition - the scent was interestingly more floral than almond or honey. It's not overwhelming but just a little disappointing. 

@itsfi  I LOVE that hair mask!!!  It was one of the more effective masks when my hair was super damaged and held its own against higher end brands!  

Iโ€™ve been impressed by this brand @heartsmyface. Never heard of them until I picked up a strawberry yogurt hair mask at TJ Maxx. 

@itsfi  These sound wonderful!  It would be lovely if the hair mask had a almond scent ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thank you @Cissy63. These made for a good week of masking.

@itsfi love that hair mask!!

@lmaster, do you remember if yours had a honey scent to it? ๐Ÿฏ 

@itsfi I always thought it was odd this one did not have a honey scent, but the other varieties I've tried have smelled like the spotlight ingredients

@lmaster, I thought it was just mine but now it seems this variety just doesnโ€™t smell like the touted ingredients. Iโ€™ve only tried this and the strawberry hair mask. Like the scent on the strawberry but the performance on this one. 

@itsfi  Mine didnโ€™t.  It had a stickiness of honey but was more sweet floral? 

Thanks @heartsmyface. Thatโ€™s what mine smelled like. Better than a bad smell but  I do wish it had a honey scent. 

I almost forgot that I had this little sample size of the fresh Rose Face Mask 3.3 oz/ 100 mL because it was buried at the bottom of my sample stash but I thought it worked out perfectly to use it with my Bliss Micromagic facial exfoliator scrub and do a two-fer.  

20230209_215007.jpg20230209_215059.jpg

It has a pleasant rose scent and after leaving it on for about 10 minutes and rinsing it off I didn't really notice any change in how my skin felt although it claims to provide softer, smoother, more hydrated skin.  At least it was easy to apply and remove so I'll finish it; I'll probably get another couple of uses out of the little jar before retiring it to my Empties bin.  

@CookieGirl1  I used to love this mask!  I wonder if they changed the formula cause I found it super softening.  

@CookieGirl1  Oh thatโ€™s disappointing.  ๐Ÿ˜ž

@CookieGirl1 I've not been too impressed with the fresh masks ๐Ÿคท

@lmaster @Cissy63 I mean, I guess at least it smells kinda nice but that's about it ๐Ÿ™„

@CookieGirl1 yep that's literally the best part not the price!!

verry good

Welcome, @Leeckevi! Is there a particular mask that you like most? Or one you would recommend for targeting a specific concern? We would love to hear all about it ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

E is for e.l.f. JellyPop Watermelon Glitter Face Mask 

I really like this one.  Itโ€™s this gorgeous pink creamy mask.  It smells sweet and as I put it around my mouth a sweet taste came through.

This is a hydration, plumping mask. 

I left it on for 15 minutes.  I had no reaction to it.  It is removed after 15 minutes with warm water.  

My face was soft, smooth, plumped and bright.  I think this was a special offer as I donโ€™t see it offered on their website now.

This is one I would repurchase.

682B4100-55EE-446C-ABF6-6E76968DD833.jpeg

โ€ƒ

21,367 Replies
testing