Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

This is such a great one @Mellmars1185 ! Always a good one to have around ! 

@Kim888 Thank you! This was my first time trying it.

G for gobble and galactic illustrations
G for gobble + galaxy.jpg
G for gobble 2.jpg
G for gobble awatch.jpg
Spoiler
I don't typically like to wear sheets on my neck since that area on me is very sensitive to ingredients and has been known to become irritated or prone to clogged pores after using a mask, but I decided to give The Creme Shop gobble, bye! hydrogel neck lift patchwhich was kindly gifted to me, a try late last week. 

This seems like a new generation of hydrogel, as the material did not look or feel like the plastic / silicone look hydrogels I'm ordinarily accustomed to; it looked like a cotton sheet, though with more pliability and elasticity to it. The material is soft and comfortable to wear; the print on it is cute. There were chunks of gel though when I pulled the patch from the packet and the essence had a thick leaning gel-like quality to it. The herbaceous scent is light and pleasant and the patch felt cooling against the skin. I had the mask on for about 5 minutes when I decided to read up on the info contained on the reverse side. That's where I noticed the mask contains an ingredient that my skin has reacted negatively to in the past, and while it was near the end of the list, I decided not to take any chances, removed the patch and washed off the serum. Fortunately, no irritation. My skin did feel soft and lightly hydrated but I did not experience any firming or lifting, though to be fair, those types of claims seem like they might require more than an one-off use and certainly more than 5 minutes. 

The patch seems like it could be well suited for use after a long day in the sun, whether from time spent on the beach, a day in the park or a hike.

P.S. I noticed a galactic theme of sorts with this patch, with the illustration of planets and stars on the packaging, which may be suitable for @Cissy63's fun planet theme. The entire galaxy all on one hydrogel patch. 

Holy cow @itsfi !   An entire galaxy ๐ŸŒŸ.  Oh I am thrilled ๐Ÿฅณ.  Iโ€™m glad you didnโ€™t react to this mask. You made a quick trip from the Alpha quadrant to the Gamma quadrant, outstanding ๐Ÿฅณ

Oh I was thrilled too @Cissy63! I was wracking my brain trying to think if I had a mask for this fun and great theme you came up with. I had a mask that would have worked out really well, but I've used it already, years ago. Then I spied this one as I was flipping through my mask stash. The design is very pretty and I love that The Creme Shop was all set with the galatic and planetary theme with this one. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I have this feeling that I have other masks in my collection that might work for your theme. May revisit it for "R" week - rewind, replay, redo. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I'll come up with a way to get it in again if (or when) I find the masks I'm thinking of.

Oh that will be fun to see @itsfi 

It is a very pretty mask, @itsfi. The pattern would also make a great nail look! 

@eshoe, very pretty indeed. I lucked out that it fit @Cissy63's fun galaxy theme!

Oh that's gorgeous, I'm laughing at the "gobble bye" ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ @itsfi do I need these???

You and me both @lmaster! I first wondered with the "gobble" if I should have done this during Thanksgiving. I may need to put chin lifting sheet masks on my list of mask projects. This one has such a pretty print but I did not feel like it did any lifting or firming. I know, I'm sure you're shocked! ๐Ÿคฃ

@itsfi @Interesting that the material has been changed! Definitely agree that itโ€™s always hard to know with firming claims after one use 

@Kim888, there have been a few masks that have surprised me with firming effects being noticeable after the first use but Iโ€™m generally not expecting that at all. 

For Pick a Planet week (awesome theme, @Cissy63!) I found a mask that reminded me of spring-hued planetary wonders:

IMG_1729.jpeg

Spoiler
To start off, I used the SEPHORA COLLECTION Prebiotic Smoothie Mask. I have tried this mask a number of times, and every time I do, remind myself that sometimes, the idea of something is better than the execution. This thick, cream purple mask is similar in consistency to the Sephora Face & Body Masks (no longer tangible/available it appears). The scent, while bearing an ever so slight semblance to blueberry, comes off more polystyrene/burnt styrofoam when first applied. It is not so bad to deter me from using it up, but it is also not a pleasant scent to endure. It prefers to adhere to the skin when attempting to wash off with just my hands and water, but rinses off easily with a cloth. My skin feels smooth after using, but not noticeable enough to negate the scent. Sadly, this was a bust for me.

The SNP Peptaronic Ampoule Mask, on the other hand, was a *WOW* from the moment I cut open the packet. The scent - a subtle berry fruit - was a little palate cleanser. The sheet was thin, but billowy from the plump, thick gel serum. The fit was near-perfect. I left it on just over 30 minutes, but could have left it on much longer as it was still drenched. A few minutes later, areas of my face were still soaking up serum and fairly tacky. After about 20 minutes, almost everything was absorbed and I continued my skincare routine.

Ingredients:

Spoiler
IMG_1730.jpeg

After moisturiser, I applied a couple of pats of the Omorovicza Silver Saviour to my cheeks. It is similar to other soothing balms I have tried, like Farmacyโ€™s Honey Saviour in texture; more like an ointment or salve than a moisturizer. It has a medicinal spa-like scent that is calming, where I find the Honey Saviour to be more soothing.
IMG_1732.jpeg

The Dior Dior Addict Lip Maximizer Plumping Gloss is nice to use while masking. I find the minty scent therapeutic, although I know it can be bothersome to those with more sensitive skin. I donโ€™t find that it burns or tingles, but I also notice it does not last as long as the Lip Oils. I donโ€™t think this would be a purchase for me, as I found it a little meh compared to the oil. Still, it was too adorable to pass up!

Way to go @eshoe ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ.  Starry springtime night stars ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ. Wonderful masking session for your skin and senses ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท

Making the most of the night, @Cissy63 ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ 

@eshoe well well a wow mask?? I'm loving your description of the scent,, where might I stumble across these?? ๐Ÿ˜†

@lmaster I feel like I hit the jackpot with this one! I see it at Stylevana, but I picked up a pack of 10 at TJ Maxx. I went back the next day as there were two other boxes but some very lucky persons picked those up.  They have had some good masks lately.

Thank you lovely! @eshoe I'll have to keep my eyes open when I go there again

@eshoe, maybe you can use the blueberry mask on another part of your body, one that is away from your nose as thatโ€™s a very memorable smell. ๐Ÿ˜ฃ I only picked up the slightest bit of blueberry on mine; wonder if yours was a one off? Or maybe mine will take on a Styrofoam scent later? ๐Ÿ˜ณ 

It certainly is possible mine is off, @itsfi. Especially if it was stored in a hot environment after packaging ๐Ÿค” Good to know that it isn not across the board!

Maybe it is time to make elbow and knee masking a thing! 

@eshoe @Sorry to hear the Sephora mask was disappointing !! Now I want to go smell the blueberry version to see the difference! 

21,373 Replies
testing