Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

I might just pick it up @itsfi, since I want to place an order anyway. Will share if I do!

Here's what the plushy banana looks like with its peel up and down:

Banana Peel Up.jpgBanana Peel Down.jpg

๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ

Awwwwww!!! @itsfi 

So cute, right @lmaster?!! ๐Ÿ˜ I love that it can be unpeeled. lol

@itsfi So cute!

@SportyGirly125, thank you. It is a cutie! ๐ŸŒ

@itsfi Oh my goodness what a great picture- I love all your banana items! Facetory really makes some great masks- I love how this one sounds! I feel a Facetory haul coming on very soon!

Did I ever tell you one of my nicknames was Banana? Given to me by a 3 year-old I use to babysit who couldn't pronounce my name - after that the name just stuck ๐Ÿ˜‰๐ŸŒ 

@Shosh85, I did not know that. That is hilarious Shosh, or, I mean, Banana. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ So funny! I love kids' nicknames for people!! They're the best! โ™ฅ๏ธ 

I stopped subscribing to their monthly mask box just around the time they started dipping their toes into manufacturing their own line of masks. I've tried a few now and again; while the ones from their "every day" line are hit and miss for me, I've found that their other sheet masks have been pretty good. This is definitely a Facetory mask to put on your shopping list. 

@itsfi Now this is an ingredient I can get behind! Sounds lovely!

Hahaha @Samtian! ๐Ÿ˜† I think a banana split theme would have been even better!! ๐Ÿ˜‹ Not to worry though, I would not include avocaDO ๐Ÿฅ‘ ice cream as part of a banana split, on its own or for a masking sesh. 

W is for woman-founded or woman-co-founded (both the wash off and sheet masks). I went with woman founded/co-founded because I read that Zoe Foster Baker, co-founder of the Go-To brand was selling a portion of her interest in the company). As for the fun mood or personality theme from @PrettyPaint, this masking sesh was less about my personality or my current mood and more about an aspirational goal for my mood going forward, I'll aim to look as though I know what sleep is, without the help of a mask. If history is any indicator, that will definitely be easier said than done. FYI: There are several different fun sayings printed on the packaging for the sheet mask. 

W - woman owned - Transformazing.jpg

Sheet Mask:
Spoiler
Go-To Skin Care Transformazing Sheet Mask claims to give you "juice, glowy, bright skin" in as little as 10-15 minutes through a fruity-floral scented, clear, slightly viscous gel serum-drenched (but not drippy) soft, thin-ish, cotton sheet mask. There's enough serum in the sheet mask that it can be left on for 30 minutes without a problem. What's more, there's extra in the packet that can used on the neck, arms and decolletage, or that you can layer onto the sheet mask for a longer wear time. Skin feels bouncy and hydrated, and looks dewy and bright after removing the mask and pressing the excess serum that remains atop the skin. This is a great sheet mask, great as a primer before makeup application. It's a repurchase, for sure!

About the Founder:
Spoiler
Zoe Foster Blake is an Australian author, columnist, magazine editor and cosmetics entrepreneur. She founded Go-To in 2014 after over a decade using and reviewing products while working as a beauty editor for publications such as Cosmopolitan, Harper's BAZAAR, and Sunday Style. Go-To Skincare consists of a selectively curated range of botanical-based skincare essentials intended to be "useful, simple, effective, trustworthy and fun.
Wash Off Mask:
Spoiler
Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial AHA + BHA Mask is an chemical exfoliating treatment mask I've used for years. There's a tingling / burning to it that you can definitely feel; it doesn't last too long and results are great - baby soft, smooth skin. I use different exfoliating peel masks from time to time so I've never purchased a full size of this DE mask. Lately, I've been rotating peels from Eminence Organic, Peach & Lily, OH Power Bright and Dr. Dennis Gross and am looking to keep my peel stash small so I probably won't repurchase Babyfacial anytime soon; it is one that I would happily use as its results are beautiful! 
Lip Care:
Spoiler
Drunk Elephant Mini T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacialโ„ข AHA + BHA Mask 0.5 oz/ 15 mLBath & Body Works Lip Gloss (Mango with Coconut Oil) is nicely hydrating and moisturizing on the lips. It has a very subtle fruity-ish scent. Consistency is nice; it applies easily and feels lightweight and comfortable on the lips. A big thanks to @Shosh85 for enabling this purchase.
Drunk Elephant Mini T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacialโ„ข AHA + BHA Mask 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

Fruity floral sounds fabulous!! @itsfi 

@lmaster, the scent is subtle too, so it's not overwhelming! This one was a good find. ๐Ÿ˜€

@itsfi Hahaha i need that one!

You and me both @Samtian! ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi  Oh my goodness, too funny! I'm sure people have bought this mask just for the packaging... I know I would! Glad to hear the results turned out so great! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ™Œ

I'm happy you're enjoying the lippies! I never did buy the Mango one, because I'm weird about Mango scents in things - I feel like sometimes it can smell a little off. ๐Ÿฅญ

@Shosh85, I forgot to say that the B&BW lip oil doesn't smell so much like mango as it does a light fruity scent. It's one of 5 lip oils / balms that is currently sitting on my desk - yep, 5 of those, 3 hand sanitizers, 2 mists, 2 SPFs, and 1 pen. Well, there was one pen here earlier this morning... Hahaha! #priorities ๐Ÿ˜‰

@itsfi  Haha! I like your style! I mean, why would you need more than 1 pen anyway? ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Shosh85, itโ€™s good to be understood. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@Shosh85, hereโ€™s one of the sayings that I love. โ™ฅ๏ธ Who doesnโ€™t want to look amazinger? ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

2DDEA9BA-BA03-4933-B26F-CBB020AADCBA.jpeg

Hahaha! I wasnโ€™t aware โ€œamazingerโ€ is a word. ๐Ÿ˜† Love it. Going to put that on the list of words to drop in everyday conversation! Have to tag @missjeanie about this; sheโ€™s always been very supportive of me in my efforts to expand my (and othersโ€™) vocabulary. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Amazinger. Letโ€™s see if I can do this without laughing. 

@itsfi  I wholeheartedly support the Amazingerness of this post! I also would 100% pick up this mask upon coming across it.  I mean... with claims like that!

21,372 Replies
testing