Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

I liked this line of masks @Shosh85, particularly the ones with a cream essence. They also inspired me to eat and make dishes to pair with the more uncommon ingredients. Okay, maybe I donโ€™t need inspo for eating but you know what I mean. ๐Ÿ˜† 

I get what you mean by that scent description. There was something else other than a leafy scent but I hadnโ€™t thought fruity until you said it and that made sense to me. Which โ€œflavorsโ€ from this range have you used?

@itsfi  I love the your masks give you inspiration for food! Your food and mask pairing always look amazing!

Have you tried the whole line? So far I only tried 3 - this one, Kohlrabi and Yam. !

Awwww, thank you @Shosh85! That's kind of you to say. I haven't done as much food and mask pairings this year, but it's still early in the year, right?! ๐Ÿ˜‚

I have tried all 8 of the masks in this line. They were one of the first sheet masks I purchased when I went through that loooooong sheet mask no buy period a couple years ago, so I could finish up my then current stash. There's a few masks that are centered around ingredients that are not ones found in most markets in the US so I had an added adventure trying to find the root vegetables and recipe for it, or a pre-made / prepackaged food item with it. I learned about kolrabi and burdock and found out that I've actually eaten dishes with them before but I just didn't know what they were. 

I'll be interested to know your favorite(s) once you make your way through this entire line of masks. Staying tuned. 

@Shosh85 I do not like the thought of this mask ๐Ÿคฃ. I have had many a nights at work covered in various forms of potato...they are not moisturizing nor does my skin appreciate it. I'm glad it didn't smell like them though. 

@Samtian oh no! Haha! I can see how the thought of this mask would be disturbing for you! ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿฅ”

Ohh @Samtian! This ingredient ๐Ÿฅ” really hits differently for you. Fortunately there are not a lot of potato centered sheet masks. Or wash off ones for that matter! 

@itsfi Yes thankfully!

Sounds like some decent results, @Shosh85! The kind of mask to throw on before finishing evening chores (who masks while resting....anyone ๐Ÿ˜‚). Masks with veggies always intrigue me, and this packaging looks like something that could be framed in a kitchen for fun.

@eshoe  I'm pretty sure I have never once just sat through a whole mask!๐Ÿ˜… I agree about veggie masks - it's definitely hard for me to resist them if I happen to come across them. The biggest curiosity for me is what the scent will be like ๐Ÿ˜‚

....... and I totally see what you mean about the packaging being kitchen artwork!

@Shosh85 veggie-scented masks are one area where there is plenty of room for more exploration! Sweet Chef has a beet mask I think - sweet beet & berry might be a good place to start ๐Ÿ˜‹

I have never seen anything from this vegetable line up ๐Ÿค— I had no idea a potato mask was even a thing. I'm glad it wasn't potato scented @Shosh85 that would be different lol

@CynthieLu  This is the first potato mask I've tried and it turned out better than I anticipated.๐Ÿ‘ Definitely don't come across very often! ๐Ÿฅ”

@Shosh85 @So random lol, I donโ€™t think of potato as being an excellent skincare item haha but glad it worked out 

@Kim888  Haha! Right? ...... it's definitely not a skincare ingredient you come across very often! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿฅ”

@Shosh85 That looks like a pretty nice one! I can't really imagine what a potato mask would smell like.

@PrettyPaint  Yup, it turned out pretty great! I'm sure a potato scent wouldn't be the most delightful, but I know I've smelled worse! ๐Ÿ˜…

@Shosh85 hey I'll take a potato mask, as long as it doesn't smell like potato ๐Ÿคฃ 

@lmaster   Haha! I'm not too sure how I'd feel about a potato scent ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿฅ”

@Shosh85 So far I havr loved everything I have tried from Innisfree. I have not seen this mask before!

@Mellmars1185  I've only tried a few from the line, but so far I've really been liking them!

D8018034-62BF-48C2-B8C9-AA25B632CAD9.jpeg

@Shosh85 Neat - they are all root masks! ๐Ÿฅ”๐Ÿฅ•

21,367 Replies
testing