Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

You know me @ather, love me a good snail mucin sheet mask! ๐ŸŒ I have only tried one other mask from Lapcos, the honey one, and have liked them both. This snail mask I found in a boutique store while I was out shopping - picked up a new dress, a clutch, and some masks. ๐Ÿ› 

@itsfi  Sounds like you had a successful shopping experience!!! 

It was definitely fun @ather! ๐Ÿ˜Š Itโ€™s been a while since Iโ€™ve been clothes shopping in a store. 

@itsfi does the serum have that classic sticky-ish snail mucin texture?

Great question @CookieGirl1! Nope, not sticky or tacky. It has a slight viscosity to it, but not more than your typical sheet mask. That doesnโ€™t translate as tacky or goopy but rather that the serum is not runny or dripping all over the place.

@itsfi I do have a couple from this brand,,, let me see if I have this particular one, to be continued 

@lmaster, itโ€™ll be interesting to see if this me was a one off or if itโ€™s just designed to be extra large.

Ok, in my 2023 pile, I don't have any left, I still need to go through my 2024, I'll get back to you!! @itsfi 

T for toes
Ahhh, R&R in progressAhhh, R&R in progress
T - toes 2.jpg

Life Brand Moisturizing Foot Mask (Shea Butter & Coconut Oil)
Spoiler
I was away recently for a work trip and tacked on an additional day for some R&R. Started that part off with a cup of coffee and this tea tree and peppermint oil scented Life Brand Moisturizing Foot Mask (Shea Butter & Coconut Oil). The scent on the lotion serum is subtle and pleasant, neither overwhelms the other, and there's enough lotion in the masks to evenly coat the entire foot, with extra lotion to spare. The foot mask includes tabs which I find nice to have for securing the masks to each foot and allowing for a better fit. These were fine, although not as strong as tabs on other foot masks; they occasionally popped loose. I left these on for about an half hour (10-20 minutes recommended) and was left with soft, moisturized feet. As with other foot masks, the results with a single use are temporary. I'm so happy I was able to try out these foot masks; I found them to be a nice treat for some down-time and would make a fabulous gift, which is how these found their way to me, for yourself or for someone else. Great for travel or for some TLC at home. 

T - toes 3.jpg

@itsfi what a great time for your feet to get some love โค๏ธ

@lmaster, very relaxing; we have to get in the time whenever we can. 

@itsfi  So happy you had some downtime! Such a great idea to sit and have a coffee and a foot mask!! Sound like a pleasant experience!! 

@ather, it was such a treat - coffee and a foot mask. Need to remind myself that I don't have to wait until I'm on vacation to do that. 

@itsfi  I've wondered about this one -Sounds lovely! Tea tree and peppermint both have a tendency to be strong, so I'm glad to hear the scent wasn't too overpowering! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, tea tree & peppermint scents are usually the ones I try to steer clear of because of how strong they can be. I was happy with how light this scent was. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ will see what the results are like with more consistent use of foot masks.

Just playing a little catch up...... one for last week and one for this week ๐Ÿ˜‰

May 8 - 14 ~ Printed Sheet Masks

IMG_2894.jpeg

Spoiler

Holika Holika Baby Pet Magic Sheet Mask

This is a thin-medium, pug-printed, cotton sheet mask. It had plenty of serum and a slightly strong, perfumy kind of scent.

The fit was pretty good - just a little too long at the chin and not quite wide enough by the ears.

I had the mask on for about 25 minutes. I did feel a bit of a tingle while it was on, but it wasn't bothersome at all.

When I removed it my face was just slightly pink in a couple areas, but there wasn't any discomfort at all.

There was some light tackiness, but that went away, along with the pink, in about 10 minutes.

My face felt comfortable and refreshed. My skin felt soft and smooth and had a nice glow.

I don't really have wrinkles, more like fine lines, and I didn't see any difference with that - but I guess that might be the kind of thing you'd notice with consistent usage.

This mask was super fun because of the cute pug print, but I wasn't a big fan of the scent and the results weren't anything special. I'll have no problem using up the box I have, but I probably wouldn't repurchase.

IMG_2923.jpeg

IMG_2922.jpeg

May 15 - 21 ~ Dessert Themed Masks

IMG_2902.jpeg

Spoiler

BioBelle #Cutiepie Exfoliate & Brighten  Sheet Mask

Material:

Thin cotton

Serum:

Clear, thin

Scent:

A light, sweet sort of scent that was hard to pinpoint exactly, but I do think I smelled a hint of maple.

Fit:

A little too long at the chin and a bit too wide

Wear Time:

Half hour

Tack:

Light, stuck around for about 10 minutes

Results:

Soft, smooth, and moisturized skin with a little glow

Repurchase?

The packaging is cute and the results were decent, but for a brightening mask it didn't do much brightening. I'll have no problem using the ones I have left, but won't be repurchasing. There are just better brightening masks out there. I'm also a little annoyed that the star ingredients are at the end of the list and Fragrance is almost in the middle of the list ๐Ÿคจ

IMG_2924.jpeg

Too bad the pug mask was mediocre, but so so cute!! @Shosh85 

@lmaster  Yup, good thing it was cute ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85  So strange the pug mask had a strong scent. And that it left a little redness. The print is so cute tho! 

The pumpkin one has a cute picture. But to bad not as great results. Packaging and results need to be more consistent ๐Ÿ˜‚

@ather  Yeah, the pug print definitely made it worth the experience! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜‰

I agree, packaging and results need to be more consistent! Haha! I have been let down so many times! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…

If anything, @Shosh85, itโ€™s good to see your smiling face! I would not have guessed that is a pug print, but itโ€™s so cute and it is good to see you are finding the time to mask a little more, yay ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

testing