Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

I Soo need the foot masks on my feet. I am a little behind on getting those toes summer ready!

Ohhhh I need to do a feet peeling mask lol sounds like all your masks were great! @ather 

@lmaster  Yes a feet peeling mask is essential for the beginning of summer ๐ŸŒž

V for veggie, vitamins and Veraclara

V - veggie, vitamin and Veraclara (carrot).jpg

Carrots are one of my favorite veggies; they're a great source of Vitamin A (and also contain vitamins C & E).

Spoiler
I admit that the packaging on this sheet mask drew me in - it's so cute. Performance-wise, it's a mask that would be good for daily masking - the thin sheet is comfortable to wear; fit and adherence are like most sheet masks and will vary for each person but adjustments can be easily made for a more tailored fit. Results - nicely hydrated skin with a healthy glow - are fine.  I wouldn't say that it's a holy grail but it's a nice enough mask that I'm interested in trying others from the line. There are several different masks from this series, all with adorable prints; I picked the ceramide one and the royal propolis version. Am interested in seeing how those perform on their own and vis-a-vis each other. I noticed that most, if not all, contain both alcohol and fragrance, though they appear in different places in the ingredients list depending on the particular mask. Neither caused any adverse reaction for me but I know both are ingredients that folks may wish to avoid for a host of reasons, so these masks will not be for everyone. 

@itsfi oh what a cute mask!! Did you say all from this line contain alcohol?

Super cute, right @lmaster?! ๐Ÿ˜ I looked at the INCI list for about 4 masks and they all had alcohol in them, most in the top 5 ingredients and one as the last ingredients. I havenโ€™t checked all the varietals but Iโ€™m thinking all will have alcohol listed. ๐Ÿ˜” Iโ€™ll check the ingredients list for other flavors as I come across them and let you know if I see one without alcohol. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ 

Thank you sweets!! @itsfi 

@itsfi  The packaging definitely drew me into it too. It is so cute! I canโ€™t wait to see the packaging on the others! What is that delicious cake you have in the picture? It looks like a carrot cake? Yum ๐Ÿคค 

@ather, it's a carrot cake bundt cake. I picked up some mini versions for coworkers the other day and spied some flavors I wanted to try myself. This one is carrot cake. Nom, nom. 

These verclara masks have some really cute graphics. 

Photo credit: amazon(dot)comPhoto credit: amazon(dot)com

Yum ๐Ÿคค @itsfi

All the mask packaging is super cute! 

The packaging is adorable. These seem like theyโ€™d make good masks for daily masking @ather. Unless alcohol is something someone is looking to avoid.

I tried OLEHENRIKSEN PHAT Glow Facialโ„ข Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  Absolutely love the glow up. If you haven't tried it, then you must

@AlisonD682 this is a great choice!

@AlisonD682 I have not tried this one yet! I need to add it to my list asap! 

@AlisonD682, OleHenriksen has some great products in his skincare collection. A glow up sounds fantastic! ๐Ÿ˜ How often do you use this mask?

@itsfi I have used it once since I purchased it, but it says can be used 2 to 3 times a week. The results were amazing after just 1 application. My skin is clear, dewy, and extremely soft. Definitely a thumbs up. ๐Ÿ˜

Anytime a gastropod mask is involved, as with this snail mucin mask from last week, I can't help but smile thinking about @PrettyPaint's masks that make a great band name which will be a masking theme later in the year, and @twilightnicky's Escar Go-Go's ๐ŸŒ Those always make me smile.

Gastropod GoodnessGastropod Goodness

LAPCOS Escargot Sheet Mask can best be described with one word - EXTRA!!!

* Extra serum

* Extra juicy

* Extra large - all around & all over

* Extra hydration and plumpiness

The overall largeness of this sheet mask actually came as a surprise to me; I don't recall these Lapcos masks being so extra large in every way. Tagging @Shosh85 and @lmaster who I believe have used a mask from this Lapcos line of mask, maybe not this particular escargot one, but perhaps other(s) from the range, maybe the honey one (?) - if you've used a mask from this LAPCOS series, did you find it to be or do you recall it being so large all around?

The eco-friendly biodegradable sheet is packed with a clear, slightly viscous, gel-like essence, with even more essence in the packet. I didn't pick up a scent to it, other than what I'd consider that fresh, clean, signature sheet mask scent. While I left the mask on for my usual 30 minutes, I'm pretty sure I could have tacked on an additional 30 and still have some extra essence waiting to be absorbed. My skin felt bouncier and more hydrated, with a natural, healthy glow to my complexion

@itsfi  Yay for gastropods! ๐ŸŒ Your review really makes me want to place an order at LAPCOS. ๐Ÿ˜… I have tried all the originals, but have not yet tried any of the new ones. This Escargot one is on my list, along with the Propolis, Cica and Ceramide ones. 

I did read through my notes on the fit of all the originals, and it seems the sizing isn't consistent within the line..... some were too long at the forehead and the chin, some were just too long at the chin and some were too big all the way around.  ๐Ÿคทโ€๐Ÿค”

Youโ€™ve tried all the original ones @Shosh85? Any favorite(s)? ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Thank you for checking your notes. Iโ€™m thinking I may need to try another escargot mask to see if the fit on this one was a one-off. 

@itsfi  The Honey one is definitely my most favorite from the original line...surprising, I know ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿฏ

@itsfi  yes! Bring on the Escargot go go! This mask sounds extra amazing!! Can there be too many extras in a maskโ€ฆ I donโ€™t think so! Amazing! 

testing