Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi oh dear.. how can giving things away result in being kicked out of a group? Maybe it is for the best @heartsmyface . Maybe you will find a better group that supports this. 

A late posting of few luxe masks I used last week (but not all at once) that will fit one way or another into the fragrance theme as well. ๐Ÿ˜‰I've used (and probably have posted about) all these masks before, except for the Cle de Peau Mask, which fits this week's gifted mask theme as I received it as gratis. 
L - luxe week.jpg
Mask Reviews:
Spoiler
The creamy, pink hued, softly rose scented Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask is luxe at its finest. It can be kept on for 10 minutes and then rinsed or tissued off, or left on overnight. Given its price tag, I prefer to use this mask as a sleeping mask. I apply a thin layer before turning off the lights and am greeted the next morning with super soft, silky smooth, supple skin to make this beauty worth the splurge!

Dior Capture Dreamskin 1-Minute Mask 2.5 oz / 75 mL has been a loved product for years; the rose scent is soft and subtle. This reformulated and repackaged version works just as beautifully as the original I fell in love with. Of the differences, the main one will be the removal of BHA from the ingredients list. I didnโ€™t mind the BHA in the original but its absence is not noticeable in the results - soft, smooth, slightly hydrated and brightened skin. This is wonderful as a weekly treatment or to prep the skin for makeup application before a special occasion or event. 

Dior Lip Maximizer Serum 0.17 oz/ 5mL is another loved treatment; unlike most Dior products, this one is unscented. Soft, moisturized and plumpy lips without the stinging or tingling  normally associated with lip plumping products. 

Thereโ€™s no denying that my hair feels very soft after using this Oribe Gold Lust Transformative Hair Mask 5 oz/ 150 mL, but if youโ€™re going to splurge on Oribe, Iโ€™d recommend the conditioner from the Gold Lust line or the brandโ€™s Signature mask before this mask. Itโ€™s not a bad mask by any means. Iโ€™d happily use it again, but there are other masks at various points points that perform just as well. 

And now, to the new-to-me luxe mask. The Cle de Peau Beaute Vitality-Enhancing Eye Mask Supreme is geared towards revitalizing the eye area but is really more of a half mask than a simple eye mask. It reminds me (in concept and shape, not price) of The Creme Shop Eye Masquerade Mask and the A'Pieu Chi Ka Po Ka Tooth Brushing Mask, both half masks which have been discontinued.

The fit model CdP used for this pale blush pink hued cotton half mask clearly did not share similar facial features to me. ๐Ÿคฃ Fit was wonky at first, and we're not even talking about the openings for the eyes or the eye flaps. Adherence was wonderful and strangely (in a good way), after about 5 minutes, the mask began to meld to my face shape and features and almost melt into my skin. Odd, and oddly satisfying. Well except for the eye flaps; but I don't tend to use them over my eyes, electing instead to bring them to cover as much of my undereye area as I can.

I left the mask on for an half hour and there was just the bit of tension when I went to remove it - see, that adherence I talked about earlier was nice indeed! I'm going to confess that my eyes / under eye area that week was not in the best of shapes - dark circles, dullness. It wasn't pretty but there was a lot going on. All that to say, I was not expecting any miracles with this eye mask. Results-wise, my skin felt hydrated and looked a little refreshed and supple, bouncy, but not so much that I'd consider this a must have. It's a treat for sure, and I'm very grateful to have been given an opportunity to try it, but I'm not sure I can justify the price for half a mask. That said, I may at some point, pick up the full face mask and maybe even another one of these half masks, to use when life is a little more "normal" and my skin condition is more reflective of what it typically is like. That might make for better testing conditions. We shall see. I have plenty of masks to use before splurging on a CdP mask.
L - luxe - CdP mask.jpg

@itsfi  Both the Sisley and Dior masks sound so nice! Do you usually keep the Dior on longer than 1 minute?

@Shosh85, they both surprised me when I first used them. Surprised too (and also not too surprised ๐Ÿคฃ) that I picked up full sizes. I don't think you need to spend $$$ to find good masks but these are are quite good! ๐Ÿ˜ With the Dior One-Minute, it depends how much time I have - I usually have it on anywhere from 1 - 10 minutes, sometimes more if I get caught up with whatever I'm doing while I have on the mask. The older formulation contained BHA / salicylic acid and I tend to keep that to the oilier parts of my face, but this new reformulation doesn't contain a BHA so I have left it on the drier parts of my face for a bit longer than usual.

@itsfi oh wow what a luxe mask for sure! Sorry the eye holes were wonky for you

@lmaster, it's amazing what I find when I go through my stash of things. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Openings for eyes can be a bit tricky with any masks; thankfully, I have my trusty mini scissors to help with adjustments. ๐Ÿ‘

@itsfi Sounds like these luxe products worked well for you. The shape of the CDP mask is interesting.

@Mellmars1185, The Dior and the Sisley have been ones Iโ€™ve loved for some time. Happy that a little goes a long way with both though. 

@itsfi Ooh this session looks so luxe and lovely. I bet that was a really nice tlc day for your skin and hair. Hum, I have that Orbie foil i think in my stash ๐Ÿ˜‰ I have been very curious about the Dior Dreamskin Skin Perfector is sounds amazing. Thank you for that description of it ๐Ÿคฉ

I kinda hope it gets a sample /trial in the Rewards Bazaar. I'd feel more comfortable testing it out on a mini.  But there's alot of D'ior I want to experiment lol

@CynthieLu, completely understand wanting to try it out first! I would love to see a sample size of the Dior mask as a promo gwp. ๐Ÿ˜ They offered the original version as a foil a long time ago. A deluxe size would be great, something where you could get 2 or 3 uses out of it. 

Dior has so many beautiful products - makeup, skincare, fragrance, etc. โ™ฅ๏ธ Which products are you most interested in trying?

@itsfi  It seems like you were able to have a little self care during a tough week. Hopefully it helped make you feel a little better. The CdP mask sounds interesting. Iโ€™m interested in how it moulds to your skin. It sounds so interesting. I never understood the eye flaps. I couldnโ€™t use the flaps on my eye itโ€™s just not for me. The shape of this mask is also intriguing to me. It sounded great but maybe thereโ€™s other masks with close to the same results. I hope you are feeling better. Virtual hugs! 

@ather, I was skeptical too when they said it would mould to the skin but lo and behold it adhered and fit better at the end of my mask sesh! I was so surprised! 

I donโ€™t get eye flaps; conceptually I can see how they might add to the masking experience but in practice, itโ€™s not something I find to be a feature that elevates a mask above another one. Thatโ€™s just my opinion though. If anything, I just use them to cover more surface area under my eyes. I suspect the rationale for them is that it helps with relaxing and unwinding - close eyes, zone out, etc., but I feel like it causes me anxiety if I were to use them - Iโ€™d be constantly worried about the serum running into my eyes. 

@itsfi I definitely agree. Serum in your eyes is no fun!! 

@itsfi it really seems like the dior mask is making the rounds and having a resurgence in popularity! I do love the idea of flash masks!

@Kim888, the mask was OOS for the longest time which went some ways in bringing more attention to it and this reformulation. It performs pretty much the same as the original even though it now just contains AHA and not AHA and BHAs.

@itsfi  Nice lineup!  I love the scent of the Dior Dreamskin!  

It smells so good @heartsmyface! Their prestige skincare line also has that beautiful Dior rose scent. ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi I always drool a little bit over Oribe.  I need to try more!  If only it wasn't so pricey ๐Ÿค”.

@CookieGirl1, Oribe has some beautiful hair care products (and candles now too)! Itโ€™s a splurge, for sure. What Oribe products have you tried? 

@itsfi I've honestly only tried samples so I never really got a good idea for them.  I mean, I liked what I tried but I haven't talked myself into purchasing a full size.  I was actually going to grab one of the mini duos that was up on Sephora's site but it sold out a couple of weeks ago.

Both of these masks are from the lovely @eshoe! ....... also, M is for Milk and Melon ๐Ÿ˜‰

50FA3215-7BDF-4DB2-BF96-CC1CF3683788.jpeg

Spoiler

Kwailnara Strawberry Milk Vitalizing Mask

Material:

Thin cotton

Serum:

Milky

Scent:

Sweet artificial strawberry

Fit:

Too long at the chin

Wear Time:

Half hour

Tack:

None

Results:

Soft and smooth skin that's lightly moisturized and nicely hydrated.

Repurchase?

Yes! The fit, scent and results were all so great!

9BFDFE62-DB8D-4AC6-976B-399EAFE6DF3E.jpeg

1CFE19D7-8D0E-40A2-9BF8-B45E53BFC769.jpeg

Spoiler

Kwailnara Melon ๐ŸˆMilk Soothing Mask

Material:

Thin-leaning medium cotton

Serum:

Thin, milky

Scent:

Sweet artificial melon.... yum ๐Ÿ˜‹

Fit:

Too long at the chin

Wear Time:

Half hour

Tack:

None

Results:

Soft and smooth skin that's lightly moisturized and nicely hydrated.

Repurchase?

Yes! The fit, scent and results were all so great!

Thank you so much, Eshoe, for sending these wonderful masks!

59E2193F-E478-4330-A037-5383761A8E4B.jpeg

42 Replies
testing