Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Oooh, I have that Dermatory Ceramide mask somewhere  @Shosh85. ๐Ÿ˜ It sounds spectacular and if you love it, my skin is like โ€œgive it to me!!โ€ Do you recall if the sheet on the Dermatory was as thin as the Etude House snail mask (also a fave of mine!! โ™ฅ๏ธ๐ŸŒ

@itsfi  Just seeing this.... from what I remember, the Dermatory one was maybe just a tad bit thinner than the EH. Both are so great! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  These sound terrific ๐Ÿ˜ƒ.  Hopefully things will continue to stay calmer for you too๐ŸŒน

Thank you so much @Cissy63 ๐Ÿ˜Š

@Shosh85 I'm glad you got in a little self time ๐Ÿ’– Those two masks sound lovely. Ceramides are defintley happy to be on our skin.

I hope things become less chaotic for you soon ๐Ÿ™๐ŸŒป

@CynthieLu  Thanks so much! It definitely feels good to get in some self care time! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Both do sound fantastic @Shosh85 

@lmaster  Yup, they were both wonderful! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 Great masking. It is nice you were able to schedule in some self care time.

@Mellmars1185  Thank you so much! It felt good to do a little masking! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  Aw I feel you with the busy schedule.  I have had time to mask cause I can generally multitask but then posting feels like a whole commitment lately.  I hope to allot more time to actually enjoying myself online here:) 

That Etude House mask is on my HG list.  

@heartsmyface  I've been so extremely exhausted, I feel like anything "extra" is a whole commitment these days ๐Ÿ˜…

Hope you're able to squeeze in more time to yourself and have a little fun!

The Etude House Snail is definitely a great one - glad to hear it's a HG for you too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐ŸŒ

It's National Old Stuff day and here are some masks that have been kicking around my mask box waiting for thier moment in the sun ๐ŸŒž 

I've been saving the face mask just becaus it looks sooo cool just by its package alone ๐Ÿคฉ.

The eye masks I was holding on to because I'd heard about them from *everywhere* for such a loooong time.  I felt proud just to have a package lol and I just wasn't ready to open them, yet.

I was gifted these both and they were just waiting for a special occasion and today was the day  ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ™

The eye masks had a wear time of 10-15, the face mask was 25-30, so I wore the eye masks for extra time under the mask for 40 minutes total. 

New to me, but I'm not surprised, they were fabulous. Both of these left with hydrated, plump and bright skin.  

The foil mask was a little big but it adhered after a minute and didn't slip *I thought it might but nope* 

It was comfortable and lightly scented. I couldn't place the smell but it was pleasant.  

After wearing both, I patted in the remaining serums and it was just a light tackiness left behind.

I don't mind it at all.

I'm left very happy with both of them,  if I see these out anywhere I would feel very tempted to pick them up.  Great quality, excellent results. 3 stars ๐ŸŒŸ ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ 

MTXX_MH20230303_114944038.jpg

โ€ƒ20230303_113851.jpg

โ€ƒ

Random: I feel like masks shot like this are kinda spooky ๐Ÿ‘ป 

@CynthieLu  I love Wander  Beauty eye masks too๐Ÿฅฐ. Good you benefited from your masks 

@CynthieLu   I really liked the Wander eye masks too! ... and foil masks are fun, especially when they don't slide around! Glad these were both a success! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@CynthieLu oh I've used that one too!! It's so pretty and definitely spooky 

These were both very nice ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ‘Œ @lmaster I took the photo after I was finished with the mask. The design on it, and it's look, I wanted to get a photo for here. So anyways, I'm taking the photo and I was just like uuugh so wierd! ๐Ÿ‘ป ๐Ÿ‘ฝ 

@CynthieLu What a perfect theme to use these masks! I have heard great things about the Wander masks on the Community. I have never tried them before. Beautiful photo โ€Œ๐Ÿ“ธโ€Œ โ€Œ๐ŸŒบโ€Œ๐ŸŒบ

*Edit - i appreciate the photo of the mask. Everytime I mask I warn my fiancรฉe because I am afraid that I will scare him. When I used to mask living at home with my mom, sometimes she would get so scared when she saw me with a face mask on ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

I warn my family before I mask too @Mellmars1185 I have spooked them before by wearing one without giving warning, so I try to remember to give a heads up ๐Ÿ˜‹

I just think seeing a solo mask, with out a face, it's just kinda eerie to me 

@CynthieLu I am not alone! Oh, so funny. I think I am more scared to scare my family. My fiancรฉe pretends to be scared now as a joke

...but my Mom gets startled easily. 

Ah masking at home problems lol ๐Ÿ˜ท ๐Ÿก ๐Ÿ˜จ๐Ÿคก

@Mellmars1185  Ha thatโ€™s funny.  I think everyone here is desensitized to my masking at this point.  I donโ€™t even get a second glance.  ๐Ÿ˜‚

testing