Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@lmaster Thank you

@Mellmars1185, The Juice Beauty mask sounds nice - I feel like I have a full size of it from a gwp or sub box. Going to have to take a look. Is it a mask you'd repurchase?

@itsfi I liked the mask. I have to try it out again to see if I would repurchase. I found it made my skin feel soft and matte. I have oily skin, especially in the summertime, so it might be better for the summer before makeup if I want a more matte finish. I always end up getting some shine.

That does sound like it would be good in the summertime @Mellmars1185. Keeping that in mind. I get oilier in the summer months too. Will be interested in your thoughts on it if you end up reaching for it again in the summer months. 

Good job using up those foils and samples @Mellmars1185 โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘Œโ€Œ

I got two of those, the same sample as you, in the little container lol I made it too watery each time, even knowing I had  made it a bit off the first time.... it's really hard to judge that tiny of an amount โ€Œ๐Ÿ˜…โ€Œ 

@CynthieLu The struggle is real ๐Ÿ˜…. I was thinking it was so small i would even know what to use to measure it and mix it. How did you like the mask?

Clay masks are not always the best time for my skin, there are a very few I like and like me back lol but they are just too intense for my skin mostly.

I did like a drug store seaweed one by Freeman and my skin really loves #Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Hyaluronic Clay Pore-Tight Facial Mask 2.03 oz/ 60 mL sooo much @Mellmars1185 

Not on theme but I thought Iโ€™d share thoughts on

the Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Deep Retreat Pore-Clearing Kaolin Clay Mask 2.5 oz / 75 mL 

Spoiler
I could not resist this gwp because I was super curious about this mask. 

Scent wise, this has a general clay mask scent, nothing strong. It spreads on easily, not stiff. 

The instructions say to leave it on for 30 minutes which I did though I felt it had almost fully dried down after about 10 minutes. It also claimed you should see โ€œoil dotsโ€ from the mask drawing out impurities. I did notice some dots on my chin which is a problem area for me, but Iโ€™m torn on whether oil was drawn out or whether it was just sort of settling into pores. 

I actually did feel like my pores looked refined after using it. I think itโ€™s similar results to the boscia pore pudding which was an old old fave of mine. Temporarily gives a tightened appearance but Iโ€™m not sure it does anything permanent. My skin did feel nice after and not dried out which some clay masks to. 

also used this Goat Milk Sheet mask. A nice creamy serum that was hydrating but it took forever to absorb. 

7125D8B6-145B-4A9C-8B8B-C35A0DDED5B4.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Good to know you had some benefits from this clay mask.  A goat milk mask sounds very soothing and softening @Kim888 

The Benefit pore mask sounds like a nice one @Kim888. Do you think you'll pick up a full size when you finish this gwp?

@itsfi I'm not a huge clay mask person since I have dry skin so I usually just make do with samples and such when I want to use one for targeted areas.  I still like the Volition one which sadly sephora doesn't sell any more best - I always thought that one was great 

I get that @Kim888. Iโ€™m dehydrated year round and tend to be combination for most of the year but lean more oily in the summer and dry in the winter. Clay masks get more attention when itโ€™s warmer and I have my go toโ€™s do anything new usually stays as a mini or sample size. 

Thank you for posting about the gwp mask @Kim888 I saw it and was very curious but I didn't end up getting it.

I find Clay masks to strong for my skin but they do a great job at tightening up those pores, sounds like this one did a good job of it to ๐Ÿ˜Š

@Kim888 ohhh sounds so nice!

Today's mask was a new one to me, I wasn't sure what mask I wanted to try but when I pulled this one from the box I knew today was it's day โ€Œ๐ŸŒ โ€Œ 

I couldn't read this one, everything but a few words were in Japanese. But it clearly said "Barrier Repair" and those masks do great things to my skin.

What **really** sold me on this one was the complete random image of a happy baby in the corner. No Context, it had me laughing a bit, thinking maybe it gives people baby like skin โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘โ€Œ โ€Œ๐Ÿ˜โ€Œ

It's hard to explain but I found sooo much humor in this aannndd I regretfully ripped the image opening the mask. 

MTXX_MH20230307_164035682.jpg

โ€ƒ

MTXX_MH20230307_163913777.jpg

โ€ƒ

But I guessed a 30 minute wear time (I couldn't go longer because it did start to dry out)

This was an almost thick serum with a nice amount left over in the package. *yeahy for extras*

No big scent and the mask was a bit too big and loose and needed adjustments, no adherence problems after that โ€Œ๐Ÿ˜‹โ€Œ

The results thou, 

*happy dance* My skin was sooooo nice and shiny and glowy. The serum absorbed nicely and easily into my skin. A few hours later and I'm still glowy. I just used my regular moisturizer over top โ€Œ๐Ÿ˜„โ€Œ

I really like this one soooo much, it reminds me of a peach Korean mask I tired by Yom Puri I think? 100% would use it again. ๐Ÿ’œ

Spoiler I found whole the image online if your curious โ€Œ๐Ÿ™ˆโ€Œ

So this was generously gifted to me and if you've been following closely alot of these masks have been fabulously chosen. I think the person behind the scenes would be an amazing curator of goodies or experience boxes and I'm just putting that into the universe โ€Œ๐ŸŒŒโ€Œ I think you'd be amazing at it ๐Ÿคฉ

Youโ€™re so right @CynthieLu!  That babies glowing face would sell me too. Good to know you had wonderful results ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@CynthieLu, the masks in the Mandom Barrier Repair series are really good; great to hear it performed so well for you. ๐Ÿ™‚ You're right, the image of the baby is meant to associate the mask with giving the user skin as soft and smooth as a baby's. Some other versions of the mask packet (either a previous version or ones found in different markets) have just the image of the baby's face. 

@CynthieLu I love the baby๐Ÿคฃ doesn't make sense, but it's cute!! Sounds fabulous 

Lol the baby is so random @CynthieLu ! But I guess smooth as a baby is advertising lingo ! 

MTXX_MH20230307_190940800.jpg

Look at that face ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ it sold me!

@CynthieLu maybe the baby has something to do with the barrier like diaper barrier ๐Ÿคฃ

testing