Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Debi9757 sounds wonderful, happy to hear it works well for you

Oh wow, instantaneous and noticeable results like that are great @Debi9757! Do you recall if the mask had a scent to it?

@itsfi , the mask does have a slight scent but nothing overpowering.

Clay masks really are so great at tightening up pores @Debi9757 

Was this a traditional clay mask or was there anything different about it compared to anything else you have used?

Thanks @CynthieLu !

I haven't used many masks before but really needed something to help with my pores - both for deep cleaning and appearance.  Read the reviews on this mask and thought, "let's give it a try", and was very happy I did!   Next....trying to find a great hydrating under eye patches ๐Ÿ™‚

I love that your getting fantastic results from this โ€Œ๐Ÿ˜ƒโ€Œ good making sessions are the best!

I'm sure there are quite a few, I know Wander beauty makes some fabulous โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘Œโ€Œ under eye masks @Debi9757 

@CynthieLu  You are very right!  Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Eye Mask 0.14 oz/ 12x4 g are very moisturizing!

A little catch up with last week's masking and theme. It felt like a long journey to get my hands on this JMsolution honey mask pack, but I did (along with a couple other varietals in this collab series). ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ

J - JMsolution honey mask pack.jpg

Many folks here know of my love for JMsolution sheet masks. I had no idea the brand manufactured mask packs like these until my eyes spied this collab with Disney. Turns out, thereโ€™s 4 varieties - this one, a Cica focused mask pack, one centered on hyaluronic acid and another on vitamin C. I have all but the vitamin C pack. I have since discovered that certain ones of the brand's single use mask are included in the Disney collab and have special packaging, but I have yet to pick one up to determine whether the sheets as part of the collab contain a special print on the sheet. There's no print or design on the sheets in this mask pack. It took me 4 orders* to get my hands on this honey one so I was excited to give it a try and pleased that I was not left disappointed. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

tl;dr: The soft, thin, pliable, possibly lyocell material of the sheets in the JMsolution Quick Routine Nourishing Honey Mask makes the 10-minute wear easy and comfortable. Adherence is good though some adjustments to the nose bridge and perimeter can be easily had for a more tailored fit. While a honey scent would have been preferred, the floral scent on the clear, ever-so-slightly viscous, watery essence is mild, nice and dissipates quickly. The slightest bit of essence remains atop the skin but is quickly and fully absorbed, without tack of stickiness, leaving skin feeling more hydrated and supple and looking brightened and refreshed. So far, so good; this mask pack is shaping up to be repurchase-worthy. 

Product details

Spoiler

The very thin, possibly lyocell (Tencel) material of the JMsolution Quick Routine Nourishing Honey Mask adheres nicely and feels very soft and comfortable against the skin. The sheet is slightly large all around the perimeter which will allow it to fit a variety of face sizes and shapes, and has a pliability to it to make it easy to adjust with some incisions. 

The mask pack comes with a pair of tongs to make it easy (and hygienic) to remove the sheets from the tub one at a time. The sheets are stored in a foil-like packet with a resealable lid which itself is housed in a hard plastic tub, safeguarding the essence or making it hard for it at the least, to spill or leak. As with all packs that include multiple sheets, the wear time is not as long as for single use masks. The top sheet was saturated but not dripping in a clear, ever-so-slightly viscous, mildly floral-scented, watery essence, enough that I was able to keep it on without any dry spots for a 10-minute masking sesh which is on the higher end of the recommended wear time (5-10 minutes). My skin the evening I had on the mask leaned more combo than dry, with slightly less dehydration concerns than I typically experience on a daily basis. I probably could have kept the mask on for a few minutes longer without issue. 

The slight bit of essence that remains absorbs quickly and fully without tack or stickiness. Skin feels hydrated and more supple and looks brightened and refreshed, awake. While I wish these sheets contained a honey scent, the floral notes in it are soft and pleasant enough; they dissipate very quickly. Iโ€™m looking forward to using a sheet from this mask pack again and again and again... ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ
J - JMsolution 2.jpg
J - JMsolution 3.jpg

@itsfi  I really need to hop on the JM Solution train.... every review of their masks always sounds so great.... and you can't beat that packaging! Would definitely love to try this line! Glad you loved it! ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, the JMsolution train is with jumping aboard! ๐Ÿš‚ ๐Ÿ˜† Their pink snail ๐ŸŒ brightening mask is still my favorite from the brand but they offer a lot of good ones. ๐Ÿ’—

@itsfi  Omg this is so cute! I love the tongs thst came with it! So happy you got your hands on this one! Canโ€™t wait to hear your thoughts on all the other ones you got!

Something about the mini tongs just elevates this mask pack @ather! ๐Ÿ˜‚ It wouldnโ€™t be a dealbreaker if it didnโ€™t contain mini tongs but having them is definitely a plus! Helps keep things more sanitary. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ I ended up getting the vitamin C pack too so the family is all together! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Adorable packaging!! @itsfi not to mention repurchase worthy ๐Ÿ™Œ

What's that saying @lmaster? "You eat with your eyes first"? That holds true for how I pick my sheet masks. I buy with my eyes first. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ That approach may not apply to just sheet masks. Hahaha! It was too hard to pass up on this one, so I ended up picking up 3 - and that's only because I didn't know they had a 4th one until recently. ๐Ÿ˜…

Oh how wonderful they sound @itsfi ๐Ÿ๐Ÿฏ  Honey masks are so moisturizing.   And perhaps if the need arises, the box can be repurposed ๐Ÿ˜€

Honey is one of my favorite skincare ingredients @Cissy63. ๐Ÿฏ Iโ€™m sure Iโ€™d find a way to repurpose the tub, but I have so many tubs as it is. Iโ€™ll probably end up offering the empty containers to a coworker  who loves and collects all things Disney.

awww so cute @itsfi - I do love a good honey mask, it's too bad it does not smell like honey!

Ohhh, if only it had a honey scent to it @Kim888! That would have been perfect. ๐Ÿฏ

Ooooh kaaay these a just too cute and fun @itsfi 

I love that they work great and just have this sweet cutsey vibe ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿป๐Ÿฅฐ

@CynthieLu, the sheets in this mask pack are one of the more heavily saturated ones I've seen as far as multi-mask packs go - a definite plus. The bright colored tubs and the Disney characters add some fun and liveliness. JMsolution has produced fantastic sheet masks and it's great that the quality is there in this mask pask as well. Hoping that these multipacks remain in the collection even after the collab with Disney ends.

I hope they do stick around @itsfi 

A plentiful amount of serum is a huge plus in my opinion as well ๐Ÿ˜

1 Reply
testing