Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@quspork oh absolutely!! I'm using every drop now that's extra

Oh I am glad to hear you had good results @lmaster.   I too have eczema and itโ€™s miserable.  Iโ€™ve been waking up at night just itching my legs and feet no matter what I have put on them.   Iโ€™m sorry to hear how much you are suffering.  Spring and summer canโ€™t come too soon.

@Cissy63 it was so bad, I had bruises on my thighs from scratching so hard!! I was willing to try anything, I knew I needed hydration, and body oils and moisturizer were not doing the trick, so I figured if the serum hydrates my face, it's gotta help and thank goodness it did

@lmaster  Oh, wow, this definitely sounds like a winner! I am so happy it could help with your eczema- that's amazing! I think this is a Turmeric mask? I wonder if it's the Turmeric that your skin loves so much?

I have used so many masks on my legs ๐Ÿ˜‚ @Shosh85 it would be hard to pinpoint, they all helped with hydration and protecting my skin barrier ๐Ÿ™ the look at me watermelon was the first brand I used on it bc I had so many

@lmaster, I am so glad that this mask helped with your eczema. What an added bonus with the extra serum. I had a similar experience with one of my masks last week clearing up my irritated skin. No scents are needed when the mask does exactly what you need it to do ๐Ÿ’•

@Mellmars1185 it proves that these serums in the sheet masks are fabulous and do help ๐Ÿ™Œ

That really is incredible @lmaster Eczema can be soooo stubborn.

What's the ingredients in this one I wonder? Maybe you can pin-point the hero ingredients to help battle your break outs?

@CynthieLu I've used many different masks serums, so it would be hard to pinpoint a specific one, it was a revelation to see it disappear so quickly

Ooooooh yup, that would be too tricky @lmaster 

It's amazing its working, I'm going to try to remember this next time I get it on my legs or hands and see if it helps โ€Œ๐Ÿ˜โ€Œ thank you for sharing this!

@CynthieLu I had to share!! There's relief from these sheets ๐Ÿ˜

I have been masking but havenโ€™t been posting but thought I should get back into the habit:). This is a long time favourite!  Thรฉ When 10:00PM biocellulose mask.  No identifiable

fragrance but it delivers mega moisture and leaves my skin feeling plump and comfortable after 30 minutes of wear.  Itโ€™s a itty bitty bit narrow on the outside of the eyes but a little snip and itโ€™s perfect.  

A26E0BF8-F803-4728-A15F-FD373AB4A511.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Ahhh, the When masks are so good @heartsmyface! โ™ฅ๏ธ Mega moisture? Sign me up!! 

@heartsmyface  Good to hear that itโ€™s been a winner for you.  And you continue to have good results.

@heartsmyface  When makes some great masks, and this is one of my favorites! Happy to hear you enjoyed it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  I love all their masks!  I tried a few of their bottled skincare products and didnโ€™t fall in love to quite the same extent.  

Thanks for taking the time to share your masking session @heartsmyface ๐Ÿฉท โ€Œ๐Ÿ™‚โ€Œโ€Œ

Looks like a winner @heartsmyface 

@heartsmyface That is great you are masking! Sounds like some excellent results

Life's been a little chaotic, so I haven't been masking as much as I'd like to - but now that things are starting to calm down a little I was able to squeeze in a couple masks. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Love this theme - milky masks are definitely my favorite!
The first one is new to me and the second one is an oldie but goodie ๐Ÿ˜‰

756D76D6-E505-4538-8F91-F4B3EA99B2AC.jpeg

Spoiler

Dermatory Ceramide Ampoule Shot

Material:

Thin cotton

Serum:

Medium consistency milky jelly

Scent:

Mostly just a typical sheet mask kind of smell, but I did get some random and very light whiffs of honey here and there.

Fit:

Too long at the chin and a little too wide at the forehead

Wear Time:

Half hour

Tack:

Very light, and only stuck around for a few minutes

Results:

My skin felt soft, smooth, moisturized and hydrated. The hydration was long lasting - I actually forgot to put on moisturizer ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Repurchase?

Absolutely! My skin loves ceramides and the honey in it just makes it even better! I just wish those ingredients were just a little higher up in the list, but it turned out great regardless ๐Ÿ™‚

9795EFD6-BE37-4D6A-9740-4708666058BB.jpeg

62B74B4F-3499-40FF-9DC7-D688D37BE75D.jpeg

Spoiler
 Etude House 0.2 Therapy Air  Snail Mask

This a thin-medium cotton sheet mask that was fully saturated with white, milky serum - which surprised me a little because I've ever used a snail mask with that kind of serum. It had a light, clean & fresh scent that was barely noticeable while the mask was on. The fit was a little wonky - a tiny bit too long at the chin/jawline, slightly too wide at the temples, and the eye holes were way too big. Despite having to smoosh and tweak things a little, it adhered very well and was comfortable to wear. I had it on for about a half hour. There wasn't any tackiness after removing and my face felt moisturized, slightly plumped, and my skin felt soft & smooth and had a nice dewy glow.

I always look forward to using this one! It's definitely a favorite and I will continue to repurchase for as long as I can!

8FB458C3-A1D8-4845-8D93-2DEF4057E374.jpeg 

Ooh, the Dermatory sounds so good, @Shosh85! And that line from Etude has so many winners!

testing