Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe  Oh what a wonderful masking session ๐Ÿฅณ. I too enjoyed the Glow Recipe mask!

We seem to like a few of the same skincare products, @Cissy63 ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ This one is so gentle for what it does!

Oh yes, you are so right @eshoe ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Perhaps Iโ€™m cheating with the letter of the week, E, but Iโ€™m going with โ€œescargot,โ€ French for snail.

If my memory serves me correctly, I believe these were both gifted to me by @itsfi   - Thank you so very much! I enjoyed them greatly.

Facetory: Oh my goodness, Rejuvenating Snail mask

It fit pretty well for a Factory mask (it was a little large, but not terrible). It smelled fresh (aloe, witch hazel), and the fabric was nice and soft and clung closely to my skin. I kept it on about 20 minutes. In addition to the snail secretion filtrate, it also has hyaluronic acid and shea butter. I found it nice and hydrating, which was a great treat for my parched winter skin.

Snail Essence Cleanse Moisture Black Mask (from Bisutang).

I donโ€™t think I had ever use a mask from this brand before, but Iโ€™m really impressed. I donโ€™t understand the description or ingredients from the packaging, but I imagine it must have some type of snail essence/mucin. The fit was essentially perfect, although I tend to love the fit of charcoal masks in general. My skin was left feeling clean and purified, but it still felt hydrated. I love masks that cleanse my skin but arenโ€™t drying (perfect for winter).

1.png2.png3.png4.png

@PrettyPaint you are definitely not cheating with escargot!! ๐Ÿคฃ Sometimes we have to be creative

@PrettyPaint   Snail mucin is soothing. ๐Ÿ˜Š But my mind goes back to my childhood on Christmas Eve.  My grandma making snails in tomato sauce.  When you took the lid off the pot, they were all under the lid.  She had to shake the pot to get them back in the sauce.  I didnโ€™t eat it then and not now either ๐Ÿฅด

@Cissy63  Oh my! I don't think I knew that was a type of dish. 

@PrettyPaint  I am from an Italian American family. Christmas Eve is really a big deal.  And a dinner with 7 types of fish is important to some families.  Those snails trying to escape from that pot, were one of the fishes.  ๐ŸŒ

What a cute little snail on the front of the Factory mask, @PrettyPaint! Both sounds like they gave your skin some well-deserved love โค๏ธ 

@eshoe  They were so nice, and very much needed!

This will not come as a surprise, but Iโ€™m a little biased here as I think an E for escargot theme is perfectly fitting for the letter of the week @PrettyPaint. Loooove it! โ™ฅ๏ธ The Bisutang mask claims to be cleansing and moisturizing. I did a translation and snail mucin extract is included in the INCI list, albeit near the end. ๐ŸŒ Great to hear these snail masks work out for you!

Speaking of snail mucin, I heard on the news that thereโ€™s some place, relatively close to me, that has a โ€œspa treatmentโ€ with snails. Ummmmโ€ฆ. I love me my snail mucin / extract products but I dunno if thatโ€™s something I would do. Gonna have to research that a whole lot more, but my knee jerk reaction was โ€œI think snail mucin and I get along better from a distance.โ€ ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi  Thank you again for sharing these with me. 

I have definitely not heard of a snail spa! If you research it some more, I'd be curious to hear what you learn. They couldn't possibly have snails walking around on your face, could they? I don't think I could handle that. 

From last week I didnโ€™t have any opposite masks.  So I chose this Rice Facial Sheet Mask from Dermal. 

It was a good mask.  The sheet was thin but held a lot of milky thin serum.  There wasnโ€™t any extra in the pouch

Rice it says, โ€œ is known to glow skinโ€, โ€œintensively cares it clear and softens texture โ€œ .

The fit wasnโ€™t bad.  There were several separations along the edges to make a better fit.  The eyes needed a bit of added separation.   It didnโ€™t slide around .  It stayed secure for the 20 minutes I left it on.

I had no skin issues during or after my use.

There was some tackiness left , but it absorbed within a few minutes.   

Afterwards my skin was soft and felt smooth.  Into the next day it still felt soft and smooth. I donโ€™t think I could say it was glowing.  But I was pleased with it and would repurchase.

13AF2390-28A8-4F00-B611-66C543AE28F7.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Cissy63 I bet this one was great!

@lmaster  Yes, I did like it.  I would buy it again! 

@Cissy63 sheet masks that give some genuine 'glow' are far and few between. Thankfully the hydration factor was there! And it looks like your session fits right in - D for Dermal! 

@eshoe  Thank you ๐Ÿ˜€

@Cissy63, I like rice based skincare products. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Theyโ€™re good to my skin. Glad to hear this one worked well for you. Dermal has done some rebranding and I think they have more lines of sheet mask, like this Superfood series. I donโ€™t recall whether Iโ€™ve tried the rice one but others Iโ€™ve tried from the line have been good. Will be interested to hear if you have a favorite among the collection.

@itsfi   Oh well the oatmeal and blueberry masks during breakfast week were from the line and I enjoyed both of them.  I have a few more to try too. Broccoli anyone!

Dang it, lost my post, so hereโ€™s an abridged, grumpy version! 

Needed some TLC today because (a) itโ€™s Complexion focus on the Makeup Challenge of the Week and (b) Iโ€™ve been neglecting my skincare and itโ€™s starting to catch up with me.

I checked this thread for the theme and looked at my mask shelf and landed on May Lindstromโ€™s The Clean Dirt: D for Dirt and opposites of Clean/Dirt. It fizzes up in the bowl and has a warm, spicy scent. Itโ€™s gritty and dried on the face. I applied on with the back of the spoon and then let it sit and used the grit for exfoliating when I rinsed off. I followed with a hydrating skin routine and will let it breathe for a bit before any makeup. Also used the Grande Cosmetics GrandePOUT Plumping Lip Mask .

From ML Website: An energizing blend of cleansing clays, warming spices, and restorative salts lifts impurities while a surge of H20-activated Vitamin C encourages cellular rejuvenation and undeniable luminosity. 

Our original powder-to-mousse cult favorite transforms and refines the skinโ€™s appearance and functionality through impressively-effective exfoliation. This stimulating treatment reduces congestion, discoloration, and post-acne marks, leaving you velvety smooth and gorgeously radiant.

Okay, well now Iโ€™m grumpier because my pics wonโ€™t post! ๐Ÿ˜ž

Oh wow, @sister13 - that May Windstorm mask sound extremely intriguing. Not just the warm, spicy scent, but the powder to mousse aspect. Time to head over to the Detox Market to see if it is available to test out. Thank you for the review!

testing