Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Cissy63, this sounds lovely. Iโ€™ve seen this mask (and other items from this collection)  from time to time at TJ Maxx / Marshalls. @eshoe 

@Cissy63 @eshoe, itโ€™s currently available directly from elf, and on sale too. 

7E358542-39A8-482D-A68C-9E44C6A6CE45.png

Photo credit: elfcosmetics(dot)com

@itsfi   Oh you found it on the website ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ.  You are a better searcher than me ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

Nahhhh @Cissy63. I find that products go in and out of stock frequently; itโ€™s just about timing and that so often is a factor we have little control over (or insight into). I hope you are able to pick up another tube or two. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Especially with it on sale. 

@itsfi  You are too kind๐Ÿ˜€. Yes, I am going to try!

@itsfi  Thank you.  Online I have not seen it since last summer ๐Ÿฅฐ

Thank you for the tag, @itsfi, I will keep my eyes out for it next time I stop by ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

I loved the watermelon moisturizer from this brand!! @Cissy63 

@lmaster  Oh that sounds wonderful too.  I am going to have to try it๐Ÿ’•

Ok I definitely have to try this one, @Cissy63 - based on our shared love of other skin care alone! It also sounds fun, with the fresh fruity scent ๐Ÿ˜‹

@eshoe  This smells so good ๐Ÿฅฐ. A nice easy hydration mask! And the pink color is beautiful ๐Ÿ’•

@Cissy63 it sounds so good! I have checked Target and Ulta, neither of them have it, but I am going to keep looking:)

bubble it up 

IMG_20230201_105447629.jpg

โ€ƒ

IMG_20230201_105456904.jpg

Spoiler
I thoroughly enjoyed this mask, it was pink and bubbled up pink foam.

Fit was great and the best part,, no bubbles in my eyes or mouth!! 

The scent imo was artificial fruit, not specifically peach, more of a mixture of artificial fruit, it wasn't bad at all.

I left it on for 15 minutes, then washed it off with a wet makeup eraser 

My skin felt so soft and hydrated.
I think I actually liked this mask better than any of my bubble masks from a bottle. 

@lmaster  I have only tried one bubble mask.  It felt strangely fun.  Feeling the bubbles start up felt really good.  Good to know you liked this one ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Cissy63 I was so happy it didn't get in my eyes or mouth lol 

@lmaster woohoo for finding a bubbling shot mask that you prefer over a wash-off ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

Especially because the ones I love the most are.... Discontinued ๐Ÿ™„ @eshoe 

I hear ya, @lmaster...unfortunately ๐Ÿ˜ฅ 

From a couple of weeks ago, we have some "C" themes masking with some clay, collagen and Crรจme Shop:

IMG_0587.JPG

Spoiler

The Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Hyaluronic Clay Pore-Tight Facial Mask 2.03 oz/ 60 mL was a sample-turned-purchase. It is similar to Alpyn Beauty Wild Huckleberry 8-Acid Polishing Peel Mask 1.7 oz / 50 mL, in shade and consistency - which is quite complex. In the pink clay base is a blend of both tiny, clear exfoliating granules (hydrated silica, a form of silicone dioxide or sand) and โ€œmicronized blueberry seed powder.โ€ There are visible blueberry seeds, which add to its beauty. Alpynโ€™s peel also uses hydrated silica, blueberry and bamboo powder, and a blend of AHA/BHA acids. A side by side comparison shows 39 ingredients for the GR, and an impressive 61 for Alpynโ€™s mask. The Alpine also has a whopping 24 fruit/seed extracts, including Cinnamomum Camphora Linalooliferum Wood Extract, which can be irritating for those with sensitive skin. GR has only 8 extracts, which may be the reason it does not come with a 5-minute warning. While I love the Huckleberry Peel, setting my timer is a must; otherwise my skin graduates to a warm, scarlet hue. Both leave my skin feeling softened, but for ease of use, I opted to replenish with this rather than the Alpyn when I finished my jar.
IMG_1105.JPG

Alpyn's Peel Close Up 

Spoiler
Comparison of FS and DS jar productComparison of FS and DS jar product

Next up was the JayJun Collagen Skin Fit Mask. This was a two-step mask that includes a jelly-esque hyaluronic acid essence. I think this is a brilliant pairing, as masking for me is all about boosting that hydration level - something this helps to accomplish. The squishy soft and lush sheet mask had a plastic-y floral scent, was oversize. I left it on for a full 30 minutes, and found a slight residual tack once removed. I applied the essence, an unscented, thicker gel, which absorbed quickly and felt  cool on my skin. This is a mask I would pick up again, save for the slightly unpleasant sheet scent, it worked well for my skin.

Ingredients:

Spoiler
IMG_0588.JPGIMG_0589.jpg

The Crรจme Shop Gentle Cutie Hydrogel Under Eye Patches were very moisturising and cute, to boot. I typically do not spring for single-use eye patches for myself, but these were too cute to pass up.

IMG_0613.JPG

Finally, the fresh Rose Petal-Soft Deep Hydration Lip Balm 0.3 oz/ 10g is one of my favourites (thank you @quspork!), in regular rotation and I am pretty certain I will find it into my cart again after I finish this little jar.       

A full force masking sesh!! @eshoe 

Yes, @lmaster - that is one way to put it ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

5 Replies
testing