Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@missy94612, lol. It's on the spendy side, for sure, but it's worth trying out if you can pick it up on sale.

A cream-infused mask DOES sound nourishing, @itsfi.

@CookieGirl1, so good for dry skin especially this time of year when it's so cold! 

Oh wow this sounds amazing and perfect for winter @itsfi !!! I love the elevation of infused masks - it just sits differently !

Completely agree @Kim888. The cream-infused masks are fabulous. My skin loves them this time of year! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

I haven't seen this one around @itsfi this mask sounds fantastic, I hope to see it around Marshals at a good deal ๐Ÿ˜‹ it's calling to my dry sensitive skin.

I have found so many great masks from this company, my favorite mask of all time is #Dr. Jart+ Cryo Rubberโ„ข Masks 0.14 oz/ 4 g Ampoule + 1.41 oz/ 40 g Rubberโ„ข Mask with Soothing Allantoin it works wonders on my skin barrier

I love that you found a new favorite mask of the year right out of the gate, how did you stumble across it?

Dr Jart really does have some great skincare products @CynthieLu! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ I saw this mask about a month ago on one of the online retailer sites, either YesStyle or Jolse; it was around the same time that the old Ceramidin sheet mask was on sale, and said it was available to ship in 21 days. I initially thought it might be a replacement for the Ceramidin sheet mask but itโ€™s an entirely different mask. There is a replacement or reformulation of the other mask; itโ€™s just not this one.

@itsfi  I've loved all the Ceramidin and Cicapair products and I'm sure this is something my skin would love... but $15?! I might have to wait for a good sale ๐Ÿ˜… Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Yeah @Shosh85, itโ€™s on the spendy side thatโ€™s for sure. 2 piece + cream-infused + Dr Jart + ceramides hooked me fast! At first I thought I had it set to a different currency ๐Ÿ˜ฒ but nope. ๐Ÿ’ธ Itโ€™s definitely something worth picking up on sale. ๐Ÿ›’ 

@itsfi Can we talk about that amazing collage?! That mask sounds like a dream. 

This mask is perfect for winter @Samtian! Ahhh, thank you. I used a template for the collage layout. I tried doing a similar set up myself by hand a month or so ago for something else but didnโ€™t get the look I wanted; this one turned out much better โ€ฆ and easier and faster and โ€ฆ ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi  Oh my goodness, that sounds perfect! It looks like such a nice fit. Do the two pieces stay on pretty decently? I like two piece masks, but I find sometimes the lower half starts slipping down. I will have to check this one out. I have been sick constantly this winter, and my face is so dry and flaky. 

@PrettyPaint, it is a beautiful mask, inside and out! I felt like I could skip moisturizer last night. I didnโ€™t but I felt like I could. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ The lower part stayed on the entire time without any part detaching on its own. One side of the top half popped off but that was because I was trying to layer another sweatshirt - it was cold the other night. 

Oh no! Iโ€™m so sorry youโ€™ve been sick this winter - ugh! Iโ€™ve been drowning my skin in face oils whenever I can. I look all shiny when I go to bed but my skin slurps it all up overnight. ๐Ÿ˜† 

My breakfast during the workweek typically consists of a couple of liquids - coffee, warm water with lemon, green juice or smoothie, or kombucha, which was the theme of my morning masking a couple of weeks ago. This is from Yadah, and from the same line of masks as the wine one that @lmaster posted about earlier this month. 

B - Yadah Kombucha (1.25.2023).jpg

tl;dr: A soft, thin, cellulose mask saturated in a clear, unscented, slightly viscous, liquid essence containing flavonoids* from kombucha, that wears like โ€œsecond skin" and  leaves skin feeling and looking hydrated, bouncy and supple. Like many Yadah masks, a good choice for daily sheet masking. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

Spoiler

The soft, thin cellulose sheet of the Yadah Daily Vegi Mask Kombucha is saturated in a clear, unscented, slightly viscous, liquid essence, and adheres well to the skin, almost feeling as if I wasnโ€™t wearing a sheet mask. A 30-minute (instructions suggests 10-15 minutes) masking session flies by as the fit along the perimeter is good, with only the length at the chin being a smidge long. Openings for the eyes and mouth are a smidge narrow but nothing that cannot be easily adjusted for a more tailored fit. 

Thereโ€™s a tacky-to-the-touch feel as you pat & press in the residual essence. That dissipates very quickly and skin is left looking and feeling hydrated (though not more so than most sheet masks), with a nice bounce and suppleness to the skin. Like other Yadah masks, this kombucha sheet mask is a good one for daily masking.
Kombucha.jpg

Ingredients List (from Yadah direct):

Spoiler
from Yadah websitefrom Yadah website

* Flavonoids are plant-derived compounds that have been been said to slow down the signs of aging. 

So cute and so nice! @itsfi 

Thank you @sister13! It checks off a lot of boxes - the sheet mask and the actual kombucha drink. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@itsfi 

Kombucha is really good for you. Makes sense the masks sounds like it would too. 

@missy94612, it is! Iโ€™ve benefited from incorporating it into my morning routine. Do you have a favorite kombucha flavor or brand?

@itsfi you are sending me a serious craving right now ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Lol @lmaster! Kombucha is so refreshing! โ™ฅ๏ธ Iโ€™ve noticed a difference since including it in my daily routine. 

@itsfi  Itโ€™s so good when you are so pleased with the results ๐Ÿ˜€

testing