Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@lmaster  Definitely love a good fruity scented mask! ๐Ÿ˜‹

@Shosh85  Sounds like a great mask! Glad you got to it before it expired!

@ather  Yup, this was a good one! This line of masks has been great in general๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  I have never tasted quince.  It sounds tasty ๐Ÿ˜‹.  What a wonderful mask!

@Cissy63  This mask makes them sound better than they are - they are actually pretty bland. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Shosh85 huh, I don't think I've seen/noticed a quince mask before but that being said, I'm definitely not as well-versed in my sheet masks as a lot of the rest of you are.  It sounds like it was nice, though, and even better that it smelled good!

@CookieGirl1  It's definitely not too common...I've only ever come across two quince masks!

Yesssss!!! So happy to hear this was a love for you @Shosh85! This quince one was my intro to this line of masks from Goodal. I remember not knowing really knowing much about the fruit itself or how it smelled. Some time after, I was attending a conference and they had quince paste so I was super excited to try it and smell it. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ It was a letdown but it shows the impression this quince mask made on me. Hahaha! That was October 2019; wow! Where does the time go?! 

@itsfi Quince paste at a conference?๐Ÿค”

I haven't tried in a long time, but from what remember it tastes kinda bland. My sister made some into a sauce once (like applesauce, but with quince.) It's definitely tastes better with some cinnamon and sugar! 

@Shosh85 pretty much everything tastes better with some cinnamon and sugar added to it ๐Ÿ˜Š this sounds like a great mask and hurrah for some milky goodness!

@eshoe  Haha! That's very true! ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Shosh85, it was part of a cheese platter they had set out during a cocktail hour. I don't remember it having any taste. I imagined it would taste and smell like the Goodal mask but it definitely did not. Ha! Interesting, a quince sauce? Now I want to look for recipes with quince in it. 

@itsfi  I think I need to try a quince again. I swear when I had it a long time ago, it smelled better than it tasted. ๐Ÿค”

@Shosh85, if you do try it, Iโ€™d love to get your take on it. It sounds like itโ€™s something that should smell good. I had to do a little bit of research - and I see that one of the grocery stores has quince. Maybe Iโ€™ll see about stopping by and picking up one this weekend. 

@Shosh85 @I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve ever heard of quince before! Sounds like a great mask though ! 

@Kim888  It's definitely not a fruit you hear about often!

Open week: loving honey!!! 

Spoiler
Honey is one my of favorite ingredients for when my skin is dry! The Farmacy Honey Potion Plus Ceramide Hydration Mask is one of my favorite masks for winter! I still donโ€™t love it as much as the original, but it does a nice job of bringing hydration to my skin. 

The abib ph honey mask is a thick cotton mask drenched in a clear serum. It smells very faintly of honey. The fit is slightly larger but overall good. 

Whether they actually are or not, my skin always seems to love masks and cleansers they claim to be PH balancing. This mask was very hydrating and felt great on my skin. It did seem to take a while to absorb, but not in a tacky way. More like when you use a sleep mask overnight. 

33189237-C087-407E-B3F8-CE79FCC9D197.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Kim888 looks like both masks were fabulous for you!

@Kim888  Honey is such a great ingredient!

@Kim888  I am just getting into honey masks.  They are very hydrating.  Farmacy makes wonderful skin products.  Sounds like you have a winner ๐Ÿ˜€.  

@Kim888 this Farmacy Honey Potion Plus Ceramide Hydration Mask is a ๐Ÿ’— ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—

I love your thoughts on pH balanced masks. I think my skin loves them too. 

1 Reply
testing