Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi 

Love to know your thoughts on the banana lip balm too.

Never have I ever come across a banana mask, reading the comments I can tell it's pretty popular ๐Ÿ˜„

Great description @itsfi sooo informative. I feel like I know all the important points on this one now.  It sounds yummy!

@CynthieLu, there were more banana and banana-honey sheet masks about 6, maybe 7, years back. I don't see brands making them so much nowadays. This one is the more accessible one, at least in the US.

I picture the smell of honey banana mask and I'm just like yummy @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜„

@itsfi  The honey mask sounds like a winner for me.  Not too many granules, light exfoliation.  I love the banana one .  Laffy Taffy  gosh I have not thought about it for years ๐Ÿ˜ƒGlad you had good results with these!

@Cissy63, the Laffy Taffy was definitely a throwback. I mentioned it the other day to some of my younger cousins and I just got a blank look. The honey scrub mask is lovely. Definitely worth a try; even better if you can get your hands on the sampler set that includes it, the strawberry scrub mask and two other masks.

Great idea! @itsfi 

@itsfi  That sheet mask is a nice one! ..... I'm definitely a sucker for anything banana scented!๐ŸŒ

The wash off mask sounds wonderful! I've been curious to try it! Glad it turned out nice!

It is @Shosh85, and I have you to thank and (lovingly) blame for it. ๐Ÿ˜‚ When Ulta has a sale on these masks, like a BOGO 1/2 off or free, I "talk myself" into repurchasing this banana one and picking up another one from the line. As I'm sure you can imagine, it doesn't take that much talking to persuade me. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

nice masking @itsfi - the sheet mask sounds really good - runt candy like banana scent is always so yummy!

@Kim888, banana candy scented sheet (or wash off) masks always makes me think of banana runts. And vice versa too, lol! I was in a local candy store the other day and they had those bins with candy in bulk - when I spied the runts, my first thought was for sheet masks that smelled like banana candy! ๐Ÿ˜‚

For anyone who really likes banana scented items please try Too Faced Hangover Pillow Balm Ultra-Hydrating Lip Balm Banana Kiss . It is the real deal @itsfi @Shosh85 @CynthieLu @Kim888 .

Ahhh this is very helpful info, @Loretta55 ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Loretta55  Oooh, I was unaware of this one! Thanks for putting it on my radar! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ooooh yes please ๐Ÿ˜ @Loretta55 I'd love to get my hands on that ๐Ÿ’›

Thank you for the rec @Loretta55 !!! That looks great! 

@itsfi ooh! Both of those masks have been on my wanting to try list. 

@Samtian, I would pick up that Skinfood honey scrub in a heartbeat if I did not have *a few* similar items to get through <<side eyeing that scrub mask shelf>> The scrubbies are small enough and scattered about enough to keep them from being too concentrated or harsh on the skin, and the honey. Honey is definitely one of my favorite skincare ingredients. ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ

@itsfi I was initially sooo excited when I saw the words "banana candy" but I'm disappointed that it doesn't stick around!

@CookieGirl1, a "banana candy" scent in a sheet mask is one of those scents that I would not mind lingering one bit.๐ŸŒ This is now making me think of the Demeter fragrances and I'm wondering if they have a banana one that would be nice to pick up. Hmmm...  that may be a fun homework assignment. ๐Ÿค” 

@itsfi I bet that Demeter does!  Have you ever tried Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Banane 1 oz/ 30 mL Eau de Toilette ?  I've heard that it's a nice but slightly lighter banana scent.

2 Replies
testing