Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@CynthieLu, the Prevage line is a popular one for EA. Good call on avoiding your eye area; Iโ€™m always scared with peel off masks that itโ€™ll pull out some brow hairs that Iโ€™d prefer stay in place. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Smooth, brighter skin is always a plus! How often do you use this mask? Once a month? More than that? Less?

No worries on the spoilers - it happens even when itโ€™s not the first time using them. ๐Ÿ˜† It just adds suspense this way. ๐Ÿ˜‰ You have a L for luxe for this mask so you do hit one of the letters of the month. Woohoo! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ 

Itโ€™s nice to have a fancy time mask because in my mind, weโ€™re all royalty here. ๐Ÿ‘‘ 

I have used this mask three times, and compared to ones that give me astounding results I just don't often feel the urge to give this one a go again. 

I try to mask once a week, twice if I'm having skin troubles. So I reach for my favs more than this one.

I love some of EA"s lineup. The Prevage City Smart Sunscreen or Superstar serum I love โค๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜ Others don't love me lol (the Prevage face wash was a resounding No) 

I enjoy the fun of peel off masks (except near my eyes ๐Ÿ‘€) and that's the fun part of this one for me. Well and cause it made me feel fancy ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

Agree 100 percent, everyone here is royal ๐Ÿ’Ž ๐Ÿฆ„ ๐Ÿ’•

L is for Lululun 

Spoiler
So I havenโ€™t tried any of these multi pack situations but I thought this looked interesting. Iโ€™m not sure if the 45 was supposed to stand for an age or what, but oh well. It said hydrating and anti aging so I thought that would be good. 

It was easy to separate one mask without touching the others and the mask itself is a fairly soft cotton. Fit was a bit large but fine. The scent was kind of like ceravee. It wasnโ€™t as saturated as I like, but it didnโ€™t dry out after 15 minutes either. 

My skin did feel hydrated though a little tacky. Overall, Nothing special but at basically $1 a mask I feel like it did a solid job and I like the idea of wasting less packaging 

5FE92759-8AAC-480C-816A-B9DDF50AB159.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Kim888  is the serum milky or watery?

@minathayes @I would say more milky - itโ€™s not super saturated though 

@Kim888 I do like the multi pack packaging, I have a pack of these to use, but I know once I open them,,, I'll probably forget about it, so I've not touched them yet ๐Ÿคฃ

Less packaging is definitely a plus, @Kim888.

@Kim888 This one seems fairly solid, especially for the dollar price tag. Love to see it! I don't think I've ever seen or heard of this brand yet, so thank you so much for sharing your review. ๐Ÿ™‚

@Kim888  Not bad for just a dollar! Not sure I'll ever get a mask pack like this.... it's just too much pressure for me ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@Kim888, yay for mask packs! Theyโ€™re good for daily masking, travel, trying out sheet masks, and reduce the amount of packaging that comes with sheet masks. Iโ€™ve wondered about these masks. The โ€œover 45โ€ is in reference to the masks in this series being marketed towards those over 45. Itโ€™s LuLuLunโ€™s aging care line, or one of them, but anyone can use it. 

You can't beat a good deal @Kim888 , and 1$ a sheet is an amazing deal.  Are you thinking of storing them in the fridge for longevity?

I had a large pack of masks and just make sure you don't let it turn to the side, the zip lock on it wasn't that great  ๐Ÿ˜…

@CynthieLu @Ooh good idea to put them in the fridge! 

I've used a fair share of masks from Vitamasques, but I don't recall off the top of my head whether I've shared about this one. Vitamasques Super Cactus Glow Facial 3 Step Facial is an excellent, enzymatic exfoliating mask pack consisting of a cleanser, sheet mask and moisturizer, all infused with cactus-fruit and other good-for-your-skin extracts that leave skin glowy and hydrated.
8.29.2022 Vitamasques 3 Step Prickly Pear Drugstore.jpg

Spoiler
Step 1 is the Agave Enzyme Cleanser, a clear, highly viscous, gel cleanser with a subtle, slightly earthy, musky scent that very gently and effectively resurfaces the skin without tingling or stinging. Skin is left feeling baby soft, smooth, and moisturized - I kept touching my skin it was so soft and at one point, I forgot I had more steps to complete because my skin felt beautifully moisturized. While the scent isn't the greatest, the results are phenomenal. I would love to have this as a standalone product

Step 2, the Super Cactus Biodegradable Sheet Mask is a medium-thick sheet saturated with a clear, ever so slightly viscous serum that smells more floral that the Step 1 cleanser but still has a tinge of the musky scent from it. The sheet adheres well and with a few, slight incisions to the corners of the eyes and mouth and the length at the chin / jawline, fit is great. A 30-minutes session leaves skin looking and feeling hydrated and plump, with no tack or stickiness. 

The final component, Step 3, is a Prickly Pear Moisturizer. Because of its thinner lotion consistency, one layer will leave skin feeling lightly moisturized with zero stickiness. More moisture can be infused into the skin with an additional layer, also without stickiness or tack. This last step would make a lovely warm weather moisturizer for all skin types. 

For me, the star of this 3-step mask pack was the enzyme cleanser (Step 1) despite the musky scent, followed by the moisturizer (Step 3), and then the sheet mask (Step 2). Donโ€™t get me wrong, the sheet mask is fine enough; the other two products were just better. All 3 were good and I would happily use this mask pack again; it would be great for  travel.

@itsfi sounds absolutely lovely!!!

@lmaster, it was. Soft, smooth, hydrated skin; hard to beat that.

I've never seen or heard of this one, the face wash sounds phenomenal ๐ŸŒต where did you get this one @itsfi ? Just curious if I'll stumble across it here ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

Great review, lots of description and information, thank you!

@CynthieLu, my skin was so smooth after using that cleanser, and no irritation or redness either! ๐Ÿ’š In the States, the mask is available at Target or through Vitamasques US site. I did a search to see if they ship to Canada but they do not. ๐Ÿ˜” I see that Amazon Canada has a listing for sheet masks from the brand but itโ€™s not for any of the 3-step masks. ๐Ÿ˜– 

We get the most random stuff here lol but one day I hope to see this at our Winners or Marshals in the mish mash of beauty products they get. It sounds lovely, and I like the ones with more than one step, it's a whole masking adventure that way ๐Ÿ˜‹ thanks for looking into that @itsfi 

@CynthieLu, fingers crossed ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ a few of these make their way up to you. Vitamasques is a UK brand. Are there any store where you live that regularly stocks products from the UK? That might be another source for these masks. 

Not on my radar, I do shop at our Korean place and that's about as multicultural as the stores here get lol I knooo I can dream and hope.  @itsfi but really more and more things do make thier way here so I'm hopefull for sure ๐Ÿคฉ I actually grabbed some cute things yesterday but it's a surprise until I post it ๐Ÿ˜‹

@itsfi  Glad to hear you liked this one! I've tried 2 of the 3-step masks from this brand (including this one) and really liked them both! Such a good solid brand! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

testing