Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

PSA: Today (Sunday, July 10) only, all GlamGlow products are 25% off. If folks are interested in trying or restocking on GlamGlow masks, now might be a good time.

GlamGlow 25off.png

One of the specialty grocery stores always has some knick-knacks next to the check out counter - candy, gum, drinks, toys, and individual sheet masks like this one.  All the information is on the back side, with some portions in English, including a part that says it's a "rescue mask for adult skin" which caught my attention. It also says it brightens and tightens. This one has a lot of liquid in it. I didn't feel any tightening but my face felt hydrated and looked brighter, more awake after I used it. I have another one of these masks but it's red instead of green on the packaging and says it's for a deep moisturizing. I'm looking forward to trying it out next.

lululun green mask.PNG

@minathayes ohhhh looks lovely!! 

Oh you have a wonderful find @minathayes !!

@minathayes, sounds like some good results from the mask; I'm interested to know how it compares to the other one you have from the same line. Can you glean from the info on the back what the key or star ingredient(s) is/are for this one?

@itsfi  it's red wine and co-Q10; it is supposed to be for firming and antiaging. Quince is in it too and I haven't seen many masks featuring that.

@minathayes  canโ€™t wait to hear what your thoughts are!!

Good enough to Eat... Or drink ๐Ÿ˜‰

IMG_20220708_211826988.jpg

• This was a medium thickness sheet, extremely saturated with clear serum
  • I did not notice any scent, which I thought was odd, but no complaints
  • It actually fit really good and adhered well the entire 15 minutes of wear
  • It did not dry out during that time
  • My skin was extremely saturated with the serum and I was left with hydrated, bouncy, plump and moisturized skin
  • I really enjoyed this one!!IMG_20220708_211817057.jpg

โ€ƒ

Wow @lmaster !!  What wonderful results !!

This one absolutely quenched my skins thirst!! @Cissy63 

@lmaster, those are some great results. INCI list looks good too. Have you tried the other masks from the line? 

@itsfi I don't believe I have, I could be wrong though ๐Ÿคฃ

Hahaha! I hear ya @lmaster! There have been so many sheet masks over the years. I just remember these because there was a variety pack at, or all places, Crate & Barrel. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi I know I received this one in facetory 

@lmaster  Ooooo sounds amazing!!!

@ather it was sooooo hydrating!! Loved it!!

Catching up with some masks from last month.

V - Vitamasques + Z - Zino.jpg

Sheet Mask:
Spoiler
Mask:

Zino Ginseng Gold Firming Bio-Cellulose Mask

Brand Origin:

Hong Kong 

Manufacture Site:

South Korea

Claim(s)

"firm, hydrate and nourish aging skin"

Key Ingredient(s):

Red ginseng water (1st ingredient) and red ginseng extract (24th ingredient); extracts of swiftlet nest, pearl, caviar, tremello mushroom and royal jelly; gold; sodium hyaluronate; and diamond powder.

Material:

Bio-cellulose - thinner than older generation bio-cellulose masks, but doesn't quite look or feel like the most recent generation of bio-cellulose sheets.

Adherence:

Very good, as to be expected of bio-cellulose masks

Fit:

Good. One of the best-fitting in general, particularly the size and shape of the perimeter of the mask. Fit well all around and only adjustment needed was to the lower inner corner of the eye so the material would lie flat against my skin.

Essence:

Infused into the material but also with a very small amount of extra essence

Scent:

Unscented

Viscosity:

Slight

Performance (wear time: 20 minutes):

Wore comfortably the entire 20 minutes I had on the mask; the essence absorbed quickly, without tack or stickiness. 

Tack / Stickiness:

None

Results:

My skin felt soft, hydrated, nourished and a smidge bouncier than it did before I used the mask, thoughI did not experience any firming or tightening during or after wearing the mask, which is not unexpected. 

Best Suited For:

Any skin type. As with most bio-cellulose masks, this one would be nice to use after a peel or an exfoliating mask or facial.

Will I
Repurchase?:
Probably not. The mask performs well and contains some great ingredients, including ones I love to use as skincare, but it also includes one I'd like to avoid.

Hair Mask:
Spoiler
Mask:

Vitamasques Blossom Hair Mask

Brand Origin:

UK

Manufacture Site:

South Korea

Claim(s):

Soften hair, aids in hair growth, boosts hair shine

Consistency / Texture:Rich, thicker-leaning cream

ScentA combination of fresh, watery and floral - itโ€™s light but smells wonderful! I actually wish the scent was stronger and longer lasting. 

Performance

Good, better than I expected. I had some initial reservations
about the consistency of the mask, thinking the richer cream might be too much for my hair - my individual strands are on the fine side but I have a lot of hair on my head so it seems thicker than it actually is. Thicker or creamier hair masks tend to weigh down my hair but not this Vitamasques one. It emulsified beautifully with water and did a great job of detangling, cleansing and nourishing my hair.

Results:

Soft, smooth, shiny (but not in a greasy way) hair. My hair looked healthy and had movement to it. 

Best Suited For:

All hair types, but those sensitive to scents may wish to pass on this one.

Will I Repurchase?:Maybe in the future. I like the portability of this hair mask and the results (and scent) make it one to include on my repurchase list. First things first though - I have a pile of hair masks to finish before adding any more to the stash.

@itsfi The packaging on both of these is stunning and really makes me want to try them out. I'm glad you ended up liking both of these ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline, sometimes picking out masks reminds me a little of that adage - โ€œyou eat with your eyes first.โ€ Sometimes I mask with my eyes first. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Iโ€™m sure the packaging for both of these drew me in. ๐Ÿ˜ The sheet mask is from a Hong Kong based brand and I havenโ€™t tried many HK sheet masks so that did pique my curiosity. Iโ€™ve been happy with most of the masks from Vitamasques that Iโ€™ve tried so the pretty packaging on the hair mask just made it that much easier to purchase it. ๐Ÿ› 

@itsfi I definitely agree with that one, I let packaging draw me in quite a bit when it comes to beauty/cosmetics/skin care. I actually just reviewed a mask that this was very on par for. I'm definitely draw to the root and the gold on that mask you posted. Looks absolutely stunning! Where did you get this? ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline, I picked it up through YesStyle. If you order from them, just keep an eye on when each item is estimated to ship (it will appear on the product page). Their set up is such that they will not ship the order until all items are available to ship, which can sometimes take up a month, possibly more. In those instances where it will take longer, I have received an email from the online retailer asking if Iโ€™d like to continue to wait for the product or remove it from my order. 

testing