Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Shosh85 I will be using this mask tomorrow! Thanks for sharing! It seems like it was a good experience!

@Mellmars1185  Just read your review! Hydrogels definitely  aren't the easiest to work with, but the results turned out nice and that's what's most important to me ๐Ÿ˜Š

@Shosh85 I'm currently using a serum from the brands Rose Gold line so I'm curious to try this one out.  Great to hear it's a good one!

@missjeanie  I've always wanted to try this one, but I am just too cheap ๐Ÿ˜‚ I definitely loved the results!

How have you been liking the serum?

@Shosh85 I'm pretty indifferent on the serum.  It's meant to be brightening and has a bit of a pearlescent to it, but If I put a base product over it, the shimmer is completely covered.  I haven't noticed any affect on my skin otherwise, so it's not something I'd spend on again.  But... it didn't do anything bad either.  Might be more for those who don't wear foundation/tinted moisturisers?

@missjeanie  Good to know. I've used some products like that too. 

Catching up on last weekโ€™s Hydrating Heroes theme, while watching some Winter Olympics

A8D9BD45-62B5-4707-973A-7BF3E7CFE944.jpeg

Spoiler
I was so very excited to try the fresh Floral Recovery Overnight Mask with Squalane 3.3 oz/ 100 mL. So much so, in fact, that I did not realize it is an overnight mask. Nevermind. I used it as a soothing, hydrating mask, and my skin was just fine. Given the name, besides not knowing it is an overnight mask, I expected a burst of floral springtime gardens. Insteadโ€ฆthere was olfactory silence when I opened the jar.
4C1AE019-FE9E-46E6-9EAD-726FD553819B.jpeg

The consistency is thick, and although it appears quite shiny here, it does not seem to be so much on the skin. A couple of weeks ago, I tried a mask which was similar in consistency, but varied greatly in scent.

CFA66717-9C65-4D2B-893B-BE2643389460.jpeg

The Fresh mask, despite other masks by the brand which I have tried (Rose, Vitamin C Nectar), was unscented. An absolute surprise and one that I was happy to discover. Even though I have yet to try this as it is intended, I am very pleased to have discovered a simply hydrating mask that delivers.

The Dr. Jart + Foot Smoothing Mask was nearing the two-year mark in my mask drawer and may have expired in the meantime. I tried it a while back, with excellent, sock-warming results. Would it still warm, despite its age? Yes, it did. I was very pleased, and knew from the first time that sitting still allowed the heat not best permeate the booties. I still ended up walking around the house, but when I did have a seat, wow, did these toast my little toes! I would absolutely buy this again if it werenโ€™t discontinued.

The Itโ€™s Skin Hyaluronic Acid sheet mask is an old favorite of mine, I found a box of ten at my TJ Maxx a few months back and have been carefully rationing these. This was my last one. The gentle, moly essence (lightly fragranced) and easy fit and adherence made this one a frequent choice for tired evenings. 

Finally, the Bite Lavender Agave Lip Mask is a nourishing option that has been sidelined thanks to never-ending jars of Laneige. I am only working on one at the moment (the Gummy Bear version) so I am doing everything I can to finish the three FS and two DS tubes of Bite that I have โ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe I was also very pleased with the sample of the Fresh mask, I love rose scents, but sometimes a little goes a long way, so I'm not complaining about the lack of scent

@lmaster that is good to know! Overall, I think Fresh masks are a hit for me. Glad to hear this one was for you, too!

@eshoe. yay for finishing up a pack of 10 of the it's skin masks. Is it one you would repurchase?

This is the last one of the third box I have purchased, @itsfi - so absolutely YES!! Even though they are fragranced, it is manageable given the fit, adherence, milky serum, and softened skin โ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe LOVE those Dr. Jart foot mask!  Is it wrong that I picked up like a dozen when they were being cleared out and maybe have been hoarding them a bit? lol. Might need to do a good foot mask tonight! And the bite lip mask.... ahhhhh sweet sweet memories of my favourite lip masks.  

Oh my goodness, @missjeanie - that was so smart of you! I went back for more and there were only two - you can bet I scooped those up ๐Ÿ˜„ I was so worried the heating element would be long gone, but nope - just as good as the first time I tried them. Perfect for these chilly winter nights!

@eshoe  I'm not a fan of floral, so I've been purposely ignoring and avoiding this mask..... but now I really want to try it! The consistency of it looks wonderful and I'm super happy to hear it's unscented! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Thank you for such a great review!

Oh, I really loved that foot mask - probably the best I've ever tried! .... so of course that means they'd discontinue it ๐Ÿ˜ข

@Shosh85 the name really throws one off! Knowing how so many of their other products have a noticeable scent, I was very surprised to find it without one. Not sure if the promo is still available, but it was definitely worth it. 

Of all the foot masks I have used, this has been my favorite. I feel your pain ๐Ÿ˜ข

@eshoe @Now Iโ€™m wondering if Iโ€™m going crazy because @itsfi also mentioned after smelling it in store it wasnโ€™t scented but I so strongly smell something I canโ€™t put my finger on with the fresh mask! 

Oh @Kim888 that is so strange! I just opened it and double-checked. I definitely do not detect anything ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ 

@Kim888  Interesting! I was just reading the reviews for this and there are several people who said "it has a pleasant scent." Now I'm super eager to get a sample of it so I can sniff it ๐Ÿค” It's funny how everyone perceives scents differently! 
@eshoe @itsfi 

@Shosh85 @itsfi I have not read any of the reviews, but now I am curious. I double checked just a few minutes ago and definitely do not notice anything; fruity, floral, cucumber, or otherwise. I will be curious to hear how your DS is when you try it, itsfi.

Hahaha! @Shosh85, I wonder if we read the same review about it having a pleasant scent. I went to the store to do a smell test before picking up the promo because I didn't know if "pleasant" meant siganture Fresh cucumber-ish scent or if it was a floral scent. I was taken aback when I opened the tester jar, which was brand new, and didn't pick up anything. Maybe I'll pick up a scent in the promo jar I have. Wouldn't that be funny?!

@itsfi  I am so curious to try this one now! I need to track down a sample of this so I can do a sniff-test ๐Ÿ˜‰

testing