Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

A new promo @missjeanie? I would wholeheartedly second, third, fourth ... that! ๐Ÿ˜ I'm 4 days into my mask no-buy (I know, sooo good, right?!! Hahahaha!) but I could see myself going into a store to purchase a bday gift for friends and perhaps asking for a sample of this new mask, for, as you put it, science. ๐Ÿ˜‚ It's hard to say "no" to science. 

@itsfi If it was a free promo... then technically you didn't buy it and it's not breaking a no-buy.  I mean... technically and all.  I did go to check and it was not the new mask in the rewards bazaar.  But... They'll have a promo soon right?? Right???

@missjeanie, I'm down with abiding by technicalities on this one! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Love it! It's also probably the smarter approach to sample the mask first, right? ๐Ÿค” In case my skin reacts poorly to it.

I have to think that there would be a promo of it, either at Sephora or Farmacy direct - I went online to the brand site and the current foil sample with purchase is from their greens range. I imagine it's only a matter of time. I've noticed recently that Sephora has had promo gwp codes for some of the newer launches (yaaaay!) and they're coming out closer to the release dates - it would be great if that held true for this new mask. 

@itsfi I'm considering getting a promo to be the responsible thing here.  I mean, a full size is great, but with my current collection size, I can't justify that (I might still have 3/4 of a jar of the original left).  I can however justify checking out the new one to see if I should buy it during a sale.  #fiscallyresponsible

Absolutely @missjeanie! I like your thinking!! 

thinking.gif

Based on this info, it sounds promising, @itsfi. I finished a jar recently, so I will be interested to see how the new formula compares @ather  

@eshoe @itsfi  Iโ€™ve been super interested in this. Also the new one Farmacy 10% Niacinamide Night Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  I saw it as a DS but Iโ€™m on a no buy till April. Maybe they will come out with a kit that has both!!! 

Until April, @ather ๐Ÿ˜ณ I wish you the best of of luck, that is great and I know you can do it!!!

@eshoe  Thanks for your support. I do have a 100$ rouge reward that I can spend before April but I want to make sure itโ€™s something I want or really need. Before using it. 

Yes @ather I hear you on that. Best to play safe!

@eshoe  Probably soooo many new releases coming too!

@ather. ask and you shall receive ... there's a set available from Farmacy direct โฌ‡๏ธ, and 20% off. I'm shopping my stash these days, for the most part. I hope that a similar set (or perhaps one in deluxe sample or mini sizes) will be available during the spring sale. @eshoe 

Photo from farmacybeauty (dot) comPhoto from farmacybeauty (dot) com

For the most part I am too, @itsfi @ather but that doesnโ€™t mean I am not just a wee bit curious about both of these. 

@eshoe  Me too. I have gotten a local friend super into Farmacy and she wanted the Farmacy 10% Niacinamide Night Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  but was sold out online. But they had it in stores. But itโ€™s her birthday month and they didnโ€™t have the birthday gift. So she was torn. 

@itsfi omg thatโ€™s awesome. Iโ€™m shopping my stash too. I have a bunch of masks I need to use up first. 

@eshoe, not sure how the concentrations of the honey, propolis and royal jelly in the new version compare to their volume in the original formulation, but the additional ingredients are good ones, so it'll be interesting to see how the new one performs. ๐Ÿ˜€ 

@itsfi this is one of my faves so I will be interested to try the new formula - hopefully it is as good!

@Kim888, I hope it's one of those reformulations for the better. ๐Ÿคž If you try it out, definitely let us know your thoughts on it.

Yesterday morning's masking experience. My skin is still acting up so I'm straying away from trying out new things, both of these products are tried/trues that I have been using for a very long time and I know will not cause any additional adverse reactions to my skin. I've been playing it safe with masking and products recently. Ps. Please excuse/ignore the dog hair, they're too cute to not pet and they like doing spa days with me. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Letters of the Month:  A - E

LUSH Angels on Bare Skin Cleanser &

Andalou Naturals Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Brightening Mask (With AHAs, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Glycolic Acid)

sasa.jpeg

My Thoughts:

Spoiler
This product and myself go way back (about 15 years now) and I truly love it. It's a very unconventional cleanser, it's kind of a dry-ish product that you mix water with, manipulate (with the water) and subsequently turn into a putty-like substance that you use as a cleanser. It's honestly a bit of work, hence why I don't use this on a regular basis or when I am on the fly. However, it's very rare that I don't have this in my bathroom. Also, this cleanser comes topped with lavender bits (as in actual, real pieces of lavender) which I realize will not be up many peoples alley. This also smells a bit like lavender but a lot less than you would expect from a cleanser that comes topped with the flower itself. To me, the smell is a natural earth-like clay with a hint of lavender. Unfortunately, this cleanser also leaves quite a bit of mess on the sink, so I tend to only reach for it in the shower where I can quickly wash it down the drain. The unique texture of this cleanser almost adds a touch of super gentle exfoliation while you're using it, which is very nice. Overall, I think this is a great cleanser for all skin types because it is leaves skin feeling clean, has a level of gentle exfoliation and does not strip the skin or leave you feeling dry afterwards. It's quite nourishing, gentle and effective on the skin and I think with the situation my skin is currently going through (breaking out while simultaneously peeling from dryness) it was the perfect choice as my cleanser today. I love this cleanser but I really wish this was not so messy and so much work to manipulate into the correct consistency, I would use this on a much more regular basis.

fdsdfsd.jpeg

My Thoughts:

Spoiler
This is also another mask that I've been using for quite some time, this is probably my third jar of this stuff. I really missed my Vitamin C products so I really wanted to reach for this beautiful and affordable brightening face mask. I truly think Andalou Naturals is a slept on brand at ULTA that I was introduced to ~5 years ago by my good friend who loves most of their products. This mask is general couple eligible and retails for $15.99, plus the effects pack a great punch. After this masking experience, this jar was empty and this product was in my project pan which is always a plus to get through (I have a back up already ๐Ÿ˜‚). This mask definitely lives up to it's name because it smells like pumpkin puree, honey and a bit of cinnamon/nutmeg. This mask totally screams fall vibes to me and I tend to reach for it mostly during that season. The suggested wear time is 10-20 minutes but I wore it closer to 20-25 minutes. This is a very nice jelly + cream mix consistency which goes on very smooth on the face opposed to something like a clay mask, it's very easy to get an even layer of this across the skin. After a few minutes of wearing it, I did feel a tingling/tightening sensation (which is normal for this mask and something I come to expect/am used to). This mask does not hurt me and I don't find it uncomfortable or painful which is why I used it during a very sensitive period in my skin. However, some people have experienced that this mask has a "burning sensation"-although I have never had this experience with this mask, I figured I would mention it because a couple people have shared that sentiment about it with me although most people I know have had no issue with it. The effects of this mask for me are completely amazing especially for the price point. I feel like my skin is always so silky smooth after I use this and it also presents a very nice brightening effect. I love using this in the morning when I really need a pick-me-up and a skin refresher. I think I'll always continue to use this, it's honestly my favorite Vitamin C focused mask

@QueenMarceline 

Pumpkin and honey? I'm going to have to look for that - it sounds delicious.

@nuinui933 It's one of my long-time staples ๐Ÿ™‚

4 Replies
testing