Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

A spreadsheet is an even better idea @itsfi - at least then I could add in the price of everything to know what I am getting myself in to! I would love to find everyone in one place, but I imagine it will be spread out over a few. I have never been so deliberate with mask buying, just buying here and there. The anticipation might be more fun than the actual purchase โ˜บ๏ธ

P is for Propolis

IMG_20210409_122036379.jpg

• Gifted to me by the lovely as ever @Shosh85 thank you doll
  • The scent was a mix to me of herbal and honey, with the honey being more prominent
  • Not too much extra serum, but enough to cover my neck and hands
  • Fit was nice, covered all the areas I needed it to and stayed put
  • Was a thinnish material
  • No lasting tackiness
  • After 20 minutes, my skin soaked up the serum!
  • Loved the hydrated, nourished and moisturized skin!! ๐Ÿ˜

The results from this one sound wonderful @lmaster! Do you remember whether the herbal scent was more medicinal or more plant-like?

@itsfi I'm going to say plant based, yeah, that's what my initial thoughts were ๐Ÿ˜Š

@lmaster  Glad to hear you liked this one! I would've preferred more of a honey scent, but the results are so good! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 I could pick up other scents, but the honey did stand out more to me, I definitely enjoyed it, thank you again!!

@lmaster@Shosh85 @sent this one my way as well and I agree-it was lovely! Happy to hear your skin loved it๐Ÿ’–

Oh yes!! @eshoe can't beat a great honey mask ๐Ÿ˜‰

P is for Peach

Pulled this one out of the Masks on the Move box ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

7C7243A6-868A-4516-A424-5FCD872EBE71.jpeg

Spoiler

BCL Momo Puri Milk Jelly Mask

Material:

Thin cotton

Serum:

Just like it says in the title - a milky-jelly serum. Milky serum and jelly serum are my favorite kind of serums, but a combo of them is even better!

Scent:

A nice peachy scent - maybe just a hint of floral. It smelled a lot like the Frudia Peach hand lotion to me.

Fit:

A tiny bit too wide by the temples, a little too long at the chin and the eye holes were a little too small for my preference.

Wear Time:

Half hour

Tack:

Very light - stuck around for about 10 minutes

Results:

Soft and smooth skin that was a smidge brighter, a little bouncy, lightly moisturized, and had a nice dewy glow.

There was initially some light tingling, but it was nothing alarming and it didn't last too long.

Repurchase?

Yes, absolutely! I really enjoyed this one and would definitely love to buy more! Though, I think before I buy more of these I'd like to try the other 3 I've seen from this line. (Not sure if there's more than 4, that's just all I've seen) I know @itsfi liked the Jelly version, so I may try that one next ๐Ÿ˜‰

BAA3529F-023A-49C1-95BF-6F41419E51DB.jpeg

Yaaaay!!! So happy to hear this one was a winner for you @Shosh85! The tingling, I suspect, is from the lactic acid. I love both the milky and the jelly version. Both will be part of the mask library! Oooh, the store where I picked these up did not have any other versions. I'm intrigued. Good sleuthing as usual Shosh!! Making a note to check those out. If you try the other ones, I would love, love, love to hear your thoughts on it/them. 

@itsfi  Yup, you're probably right about the lactic acid being the source of the tingling! This was such a nice mask and it definitely makes me excited to try the others! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

This is a different one from the one that @itsfi   used, @Shosh85? I had that one marker to try but now I need to add this one, too! Sounds like a great little find โ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe, I used the jelly version earlier this year and have used this milky version before as well. Love them both. The jelly version would be really good in the warmer months and the milky one in the cooler season. I, of course, used them in the opposite way ๐Ÿ˜‚ but they both turned out beautifully and I will repurchase both. @Shosh85 

Ha @itsfi well on the bright side, they excelled despite the opposite ideal masking environment! Yes, yes, adding this little team to my list @Shosh85 โ˜บ๏ธ

@itsfi @eshoe  From what I've seen there's four different masks in this line -

โ€ข Milky Serum Mask

โ€ข Milky Jelly Mask

โ€ข Cool Jelly Mask

โ€ข Jelly Mask

Spoiler
B1B9A09C-ADFB-4ACF-99D7-9033CD2192DA.jpeg

Oooh @Shosh85 thank you ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ for the heads up!!! Milly jelly sounds soooo interesting. Time to scout them out๐Ÿ˜‰

Oooh, very nice @Shosh85! I may need to hit "pause" on the sheet mask no buy if I spy these. I'll be good . . . for now. ๐Ÿ˜‚

This absolutely sounds delicious and I want to try some too ๐Ÿ˜† @Shosh85 

@lmaster  Haha! Hard to resist a good peachy scent and I loooved the serum in it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

P for a lot of things... popโ€ขarazzi, PowerBright and some Pink๐Ÿ’–

AA6BE900-8501-47B4-B6EB-B9447CC0B6B5.jpeg

Spoiler
My Cocktail Cinderella mask did bring my skin some good luck last week; this week, itโ€™s another story. So my remedy included the beloved OleHenriksen PowerBright 3-Step Mask. At one time I went through a FS of the OLEHENRIKSEN Moment of Truthโ„ข 2-in-1 Polishing Sugar Mask 3.2 oz/ 95 mL. The tough part about such a generous-sized jar is getting through it before it expires! My favorite part of this is Step 2, I love how velvety it feels on the skin. This was my last mask, and I will miss this one!

I used my Sephora eye makeup remover softies to remove the mask, and the SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Glossy Lip Oil WATERMELON from gratis to condition my lips. It wears off fairly quickly, which is no problem with the never ending LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original on handโ˜บ๏ธ

The Popโ€ขarazzi Purifying Facial Sheet Mask is from CVS and was interesting. It had a pleasant enough scent, kind of like Sprite or 7-Up, and a fun polka-dot pattern:
CCFF9510-C95D-494C-9CB0-D737E8B9C542.jpeg

It fit well enough, there was some snipping around the eye areas to create bigger openings. I wasnโ€™t expecting much and I suppose that is the best way to be content with how a mask performs. I think I paid $1 or around that for it on sale. I left it on around 20 minutes and removed as it was drying in a few areas. It didnโ€™t leave much tack behind, and overall it was a decent mask. I wouldnโ€™t be in a hurry to repurchase, but good enough to try some of the others in this line.

@PrettyPaint , thank you for this challenge, the timing couldnโ€™t be more perfect โ˜บ๏ธ
Ingredients:

Spoiler
B057E1CE-6DDE-413B-8907-9C87F7003484.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@eshoe  I donโ€™t think I ever tried power bright, but itโ€™s such a shame they discontinued it. It seems like everyone loves it.

testing