Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi I need to try that frudia sheet mask!!!

Yes @lmaster! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ You were one of the lovely maskers who I thought would really enjoy this one! So nourishing! 

@itsfi These masks were my introduction to Frudia and I'm certainly not mad at them!  I was just eyeing a Frudia lip balm this morning!

A Frudia lip balm, you say @missjeanie? Which one caught your fancy?

The honey pomegranate pot one first caught my eye @itsfi  but then I think I prefer the tube for the mango! IMG_9484.PNGIMG_9485.PNG

Ooouh, nice @missjeanie! I have the honey blueberry version in the pot. That tube version looks very familiar. Not like familiar as in I've seen it on the various Kbeauty sites I browse, but familiar as in I think I've seen it in someone's haul. Hmmm . . . . @Shosh85@quspork?

@itsfi @Shosh85 @missjeanie I picked up the Coconut Honey one a couple of months ago and unfortunately have some sort of reaction to it. It makes my lips uncomfortably tingly with a slight burning sensation. As Shosh said, it's also just an odd texture and not particularly hydrating. Hopefully the mango one would work out better for you, missjeanie.

Ouch @quspork! That sounds awful. ๐Ÿ˜ž So sorry to hear about your reaction. Agree with @missjeanie, you ladies do an excellent job enabling and steering me away from subpar products! ๐Ÿค— @Shosh85 

@quspork This is another reason why I love BIC.  I think you guys just saved me a bit of coin.  I'll save it to put towards something that gets better reviews.  I can't believe how much of a difference there was between all three when they're from the same line.  So odd. 

@itsfi @missjeanie I did just recently buy some of these! I got the Grape Honey Lip Essence, Mango Honey Lip Mask and Coconut Honey Lip Cream. Out of those three the Grape Essence is my favorite, which is basically just a thin lip gloss - but smells/tastes great, feels moisturizing, smooth and is non-sticky. The Mango Mask is my second favorite. It smells/tastes great too, but the consistency is a little strange to me - kinda thick and waxy, and has a sort of slippery feel which kind of makes it feel like its just sitting on top of my lips. I haven't put it to the test overnight yet, so I'll be interested to try that out.  The Coconut Cream also has a weird consistency - it is sort of hard to spread around on my lips and doesn't seem to really do much of anything. I did a little comparison of the three Frudia lippies with the Sephora Collection Sleeping Lip mask and the Laneige Lip mask, to give you a better idea of the consistencies/textures.

Spoiler
IMG_2677.jpg

Wow the Frudia Coconut looks...interesting @Shosh85. love this comparison!!

@eshoe  Yeah, I was pretty unimpressed with that coconut lippie!.... haven't experienced a consistency quite like it before ๐Ÿ˜

@Shosh85 This is the review I needed.  I can't believe how different all three are in texture!  I think if they aren't life shattering I'll pause on them.  At least until my next order when I see the pretty packaging and contemplate again lol

@missjeanie  I don't think they're life shattering!  The Grape Essence is the only one I'd repurchase out of the three. I've just tossed the coconut one, and I'm still sort of evaluating the Mango one ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Ah! The photo comparison is great @Shosh85! Very helpful! Thank you!!! ๐Ÿค—

@itsfi  Love the theme! ๐Ÿฅ‘ Glad you're liking the hair mask! I've liked all the Garnier masks, but the papaya one is probably my most favorite ๐Ÿ˜‰ Happy to hear you enjoyed this trio!  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, thank you, thank you for introducing me to these hair masks. They're great period. Not just "good for the price", but good period! Ohhh, the papaya one is so nice. Smells so good too! Do you like the papaya one over the new watermelon hair mask?

Hair masks are the next group of masks that I plan to work through. Once I've made a dent in that group, I will pick up the big size of the papaya one and maybe one more from this line, though not sure yet which one. It'll be a while before that will happen though. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I stocked up on several Amika Triple Rx mask when they were at TJMaxx / Marshalls and those are going to take me a looooong time to get through. Hahaha! 

@itsfi  I really like both of those hair masks, but if I had to choose, it'd definitely be the Papaya one. They both smell fantastic, I just prefer the papaya scent over the watermelon scent. I've only tried the watermelon one once, but as far as I could tell the results were the same. 
Good job stocking up on Amika! I just started on my last big jar of it ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, for the longest time, none of the TJMaxx and Marshall's stores carried that amika mask, then one day, it was like someone found a bunch of stock in the back that had been sitting there because a shelf long supply. Hahaha! Do you have a preference between the amika and the Garnier? Or do you have an all time  favorite hair mask? C'mon, we both knew I would eventually ask that last one. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@itsfi  Honestly, between Garnier Papaya and Amika Triple RX, it's an even tie for me and both are in constant rotation. They both have great results, but I think the Amika gives a little better results. The Papaya one smells better to me, and is cheaper. I really like the original Briogeo, but it's been awhile since I've tried it, so I'm not sure where it'd be in my ranking. I would have to say my all time favorite hair mask is the Briogeo Honey!.... and yes, I totally agree, they need to make this one permanent! ๐Ÿป๐Ÿฏ

@missjeanie 

@Shosh85, I would not have any complaints if Briogeo decided to make the honey bear hair mask (I'm sure that's not its actual name but you know what I mean) part of the permanent range. Ohhh, how wonderful would that be?!! Maybe they could also introduce a shampoo and conditioner with honey in it? Oooouuuhhh!! @missjeanie 

10 Replies
testing