Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@itsfi  I need to go through my foils and check!!! I need to get through my open wash offs too. Thatโ€™s my goal this year!

You can do it @ather! ๐Ÿค— Having a system and routine in place seems to work best for me to get through my wash off mask. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ It was hard at first but once I got myself into a rhythm, it felt less daunting. Getting through wash off masks is a great goal. โ™ฅ๏ธ

@itsfi  Thanks!! I have mine on my bathroom counter glaring at me so I use them more. Itโ€™s like the corner of shame lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

โ€œCorner of shameโ€, hahaha! I get it @ather! Sadly, I get it! ๐Ÿ˜† But you are working through it and thatโ€™s a good thing! You got this! 

A couple of catch up masks!  I know already before I try that photos won't load so I'll add them from my phone in the comments.

Saturday: PTR Hungarian Thermal Water & Giselle Honey

Spoiler
The PRT Hungarian Thermal Water is an okay mask for me.  It doesn't work any wonders for my skin.  I didn't look any younger like the claims lol.  The mask did leave my skin feeling smoother and looking refreshed though so I can't complain too much, I don't really put too much faith in any crazy claims like a mask making me look younger.  The mask didn't feel warming to me this go round, but I feel like I've used this before and it did.  This mask was provided to me gratis from @TeamBIC and I'm quite thankful to have tried it.  If I happened upon a smaller size of this mask sold solo I'd pick it up.  The full size (5.1oz) is just too much for me to ever get through.  The smaller size of 1.7oz, is do able but it always seems to be in a pack with other masks that I'm not interested in. While this mask didn't wow me, it would suit for an 'everyday' mask for me, its not super hydrating, but I enjoyed the experience of using it.  I'm in a mood of late where I'd like to finish up some masks and this is one I'm aiming to finish this month, and I think I'll be able to easily as I enjoy the mask.  Of the PTR masks this one is probably in my top 3 accompanied by pumpkin and Irish mud.  Thanks to Team Bic for letting me try this mask out!
After my PTR I used the Giselle Honey Biocellulose mask.  I recall quite liking the bio cellulose aspect here, however nothing else was remarkable about it, either in the negative or positive.  It's been 5 days and I just can't remember anything about it, other than it was fine and there was no honey scent.  This is why I should write reviews right away instead of waiting.
The eye gels... they're fine I guess.  Nothing spectacular.  I'm trying to use them more often to see if the amount of use will help them make an impact.  I don't feel like they do any harm, but I'm also not sold they do anything beyond what an eye serum would do.  This is my second LookAtMe set of eye gels and I can't see a difference between these pearl ones and the snail ones I just finished. 

Monday: DE Babyfacial, and Whole Foods Moisturizing Green Tea

Spoiler
DE Babyfacial is a favourite of mine.  I usually try to use a stronger exfoliating mask/peel like this once a week.  This one is great, I get a touch of redness right after I take it off (I do leave it on way too long though), but the red fades within 5 minutes and my skin has always looked more clear and smooth after using it.  At this point I think we all know how we feel about this mask, I won't go into too much detail.  I will say that I'm almost out of this... and I can't get to my US PO box... so there's that.  I sat at my desk at my part time job today, the window in front of me faces the river that separates Canada and the US... I could literally see the building that houses my favourite restaurant.... I miss you America. 
The Whole Foods mask was ... not memorable.  I'm gonna try to be better about remembering masks lol.  I do remember thinking that I thought this was going to be better, I think that may have been my fault though as for some reason I have Whole Foods set in my mind as a super fun grocery store that I don't have, so all of their stuff must be super fun too.  This was sent to me by the lovely @eshoe  it did have a bit of an herbal scent to it that faded once I had the two piece mask on.  I do like the two piece factor, but I didn't notice the special microfibre fabric.  

@missjeanie  That's my favorite PTR mask as well.

@emaisgr8  such a good one!

@missjeanie  I'm with ya, I think it'd be nice if you could get mini tubes of the PTR masks sold individually! My favorites are the pumpkin and Irish mud as well!

I really like Whole Foods masks - with the exception of their foil masks. I'm just not a big fan of the foil material in general. Have you tried any other masks from WF? Their biocellulose masks are my favorite so far. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85 This was my first whole food mask.  I think I have another though.  I'm going to see if I can find it for tonight. 

@Shosh85 @missjeanie I agree as well, the smaller tubes would be so beneficial!!

Right... @lmaster these 5 oz jars are killing me! lol

Ahhh, DE Babyfacial - smooth, baby-soft  skin in a bottle @missjeanie! ๐Ÿ’– Sorry to hear the other masks didnโ€™t meet your expectations. The Giselle Honey one sounded so promising. No honey scent though; whatโ€™s up with that?!! But as I think about it, I donโ€™t recall a biocellulose mask Iโ€™ve used as being scented. Hmmm... ๐Ÿค” 

Well now that you bring it up @itsfi ... I'm not sure I remember any biocellulose being scented either.  I'll have to keep a nose out for that going forward!

Hahaha! Our sniffers are on the ready @missjeanie!

@missjeanie  I agree I really like the babyfacial mask as well. Iโ€™m red and stingy for like 8 hours after I use it. By morning Iโ€™m usually good by morning. My friend grabbed my bottle when she was state side way before covid. Iโ€™ll be sad when my bottle runs out too!! (I used babyfacial Tuesday night this week and last night I used Farmacy honeymoon glow and I reacted bad. I think I need to space things out after I use it ๐Ÿ˜‚ I was a tomato ๐Ÿ…)

Oh no... @ather I used Honeymoon Glow for two bottles worth and found that my skin built up a tolerance, but I could see how the two used so close together could be bad news bears!  Hope it clears up soon.  

Looks like there will be a couple of Canadians running out of Babyfacial at some point.  I sure hope things clear up and we can travel south again soon.

@missjeanie  Interesting I wouldnโ€™t have thought it would have caused an issue. Iโ€™ll have to try it again and see if I have any problems. Iโ€™ll try it far apart from my babyfacial this time. Have you tried prism? The herbavore similarity to babyfacial? That may be my next one I try if Iโ€™m not able to get more babyfacial!!

No @ather I haven't tried the prism.  I haven't had an Herbivore product since the blue tansy mask.  I'm heading over to check it out though... I love me some exfoliation and it looks like we won't be heading into the US anytime right away. 

@missjeanie  Iโ€™m not super close to state side so I researched a bit to see what would be close and thatโ€™s what I found. And my friend who picked it up for me probably wonโ€™t be going to the states any time soon. If you try it let me know how it goes!

@ather Im crazy close, so I never really thought too much about it, but after having looked at the Prism, Iโ€™m game to give it a shot! Iโ€™ve added it to my sale list! โ€ƒ

this is the view I have across the parking lot from my office window. The other side of the river is the states. 

Spoiler
E78ADD7E-AD64-4E9D-9009-CD01F017A602.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@missjeanie  Omg wow. So close. Yet so far right! I canโ€™t wait for this covid to be over!! I thought about buying the prism during the sale too!! Hopefully things calm down soon so you can go back across!

testing