Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@emaisgr8, the original honey lip balm and scrub is still available. I wonder if they are looking into reformulating it to make it clean. Iโ€™ll be keeping watch. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Because, you know, I am in need of another lip balm / scrub. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Oh I'm glad it's still available @itsfi . I too understand the need for more balms in my life ๐Ÿคฃ

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

My skin is not Behaving so tonights mask for B week is Eve Lom Rescue Mask what is promises: : Deep cleanses without drying, gently decongests pores and absorbs excess oil Smoothes and conditions skin surface, leaving it supple and soft Helps calms redness and irritation Instantly soothes puffy tired eyes and skin Smell? Not sure what does it exactly-but it almost smells like vicks vapor rub. not exactly but it had a effect on my sinuses but i like the smell of vicks so no issue for me๐Ÿ˜‰ Consistency? creamy clay but pretty thick & when it starts drying down forget about moving it๐Ÿ˜ณ Ease of use?i wonder if using a mask brush would be easier to spread it..๐Ÿค”will try next time. Definitely use a cloth to remove. Would I  purchase/try again?it really surprises me that this is alcohol in it-4th ingredient listed. That being said,my skin needs it every now & then for balance. This mask did what it promised my skin so i like my first impression of it๐Ÿค—

Ha I donโ€™t mind the scent of Vickโ€™s either, @sonnydee! Itโ€™s kind of comforting, actually. I wonder if the entire line has the same scent. 

the cleanser is more herbal, if I remember right๐Ÿค” @lmast...

the cleanser is more herbal, if I remember right๐Ÿค” @lmaster? I know you probably used it more recently than I have. But, I do love it! @eshoe so far the stuff I've tried from Eve is like tata, strong smelled but effective๐Ÿ˜Š

Re: the cleanser is more herbal, if I remember right๐Ÿค” @lmast...

Just used it @sonnydee yep it does have a medicinal scent, texture like vicks for sure

Re: the cleanser is more herbal, if I remember right๐Ÿค” @lmast...

I don't remember the scent @sonnydee but I definitely remember how soft my skin feels after using it with the cloth

@sonnydee I'm loving the eve lom cleanser, I bet this mask was great

@sonnydee Happy to hear you got a good first impression! I hope you continue to like it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I haven't been disappointed in Eve Lom products yet. If you can get past the strong scent they are really good @Shosh85 @itsfi @haleyvvvv just not so nice on your wallet๏ฟฝ

Iโ€™m staying tuned for your thoughts on how this one performs over time @sonnydee. Sounds like youโ€™re off to a great start! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I have actually found this mask for about a quarter of th...

I have actually found this mask for about a quarter of the price at Marshalls @itsfi & the lil hoarder in me ๐Ÿ˜ˆ get it! get it! but the ๐Ÿ˜‡ won, & reminded me I haven't even used the one or few...๐Ÿค” I have. I kinda wish now I picked it up. I can see it being a go to. I forgot to put on a moisturizer that night but woke up to still, soft feeling skin. ๐Ÿค—

This mask intrigues me, @sonnydee. I'm always searching for new clay masks and this one sounds like a nice skin reset. I hope it continues working for you!!

it's pricey @haleyvvvv but ulta has a deluxe holiday set...

it's pricey @haleyvvvv but ulta has a deluxe holiday set still of the cleanser & this still up. if you ever find the urge ๐Ÿ˜‰ I'm oily, acne prone, case you were wondering & this cleanser is awesome but strong smelled. just follow the directions, it's a ritual.

So bad fit gets me every time and even worse than that is not knowing what to expect in terms of fit - in comes the Creme shop for Pet Peeves week. Also, as @eshoe shared, eye flaps - what is with those things?! Another pet peeve is fragrance, especially when it is midway up the list. At the bottom, I'll let it slide but when it's above "star" ingredients I'm giving it a major side-eye.

First up, Peaches N Cream sent to me by @Shosh85

20200630_112533.jpg20200630_112538.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200630_113427.jpg
This had a nice peach scent. It had a pretty thin material and eye flaps. I had a decent fit, good tucking by chin but the philtrum a bit thin and the mask was wide and in my hair on the sides. I wore it for 20 min, then on the neck. I do feel the Creme shop does sell itself short on wear time (10-15) and can be worn longer. There was very slight to no tack. My skin was brighter and even though I wished for plumping of forehead lines. It has sodium hyaluronate high in ingredients but I didn't see its impact. There was some extra serum in package for face which was nice for another morning. I'd say A-.

Next up was the Collagen face mask gifted by @missjeanie 

20200701_123544.jpg20200701_123552.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200701_123841.jpg
This had a floral scent. It was a medium thin cotton material and there were eye flaps again. It had very thin philtrum and lots of spacing by the nose. It was wide all over. I wore the mask 25 minutes. I was left with medium tack. It did help with forehead lines which gives it a B+.

Decided to throw in a mask I've actually purchased

20200213_083848.jpg20200213_083854.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200702_211046.jpg
I was so surprised and enjoyed this the first time I used it. I got really good results but this time around I felt it was decent but not notable. It had a slight floral scent, yellow color, and thin material. Another mask that has eye flaps. The fit was big and annoying on my hair. I wore it 20 minutes and then on my neck. My chin still had some redness and forehead lines were present. It had a slight tack that was fading but I applied moisturizer. My skin felt felt hydrated. There was no extra serum. I'd say B+ vs. in the A's last time.

I tried the Sea Kelp mask earlier this year from @eshoe but had another from @lmaster 

20200704_081657.jpg20200704_081702.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200704_083329.jpgReminder that the first time I wore it upside down like a foolReminder that the first time I wore it upside down like a fool
I wore it the right side up this time. It had a floral/fresh/clean scent and good fit. I appreciate it covering cheeks and forehead - those are my concern zones for lines. I did a 20 minute wear. I'm upset fragrance is high in the list and particularly not happy it is above sodium hyaluronate. The results were not as good as noted during my first time using it. There was not much change to my lines. B+. It's the kind of mask I would use but not purchase. I've got to revisit the Skyn Iceland ones and see if they are as good as memory.

Next up was another mask from @missjeanie 

20200705_205331.jpg20200705_205338.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200705_210947.jpg
Very light floral/fresh/clean scent. This one had a bad fit. It was medium to thicker material and again - eye flaps! I can give credit for the thick philtrum but it was short on forehead. The chin was also an awkward length. 25 minute wear. It had slight to no tack. I didn't see much plumping, again fragrance was above sodium hyaluronate. My skin was hydrated/moisturized. B.

Unfortunately in my head this is my expectation for most Creme shop masks. It was the worst of the week (though not bad just not good) yet this is my impression of the brand which is not really fair. I just don't think I've had many wow moments with the brand. There's been some good ones (I'm thinking of you cica-mend) but in general the brand seems meh to me.

Nice lineup, @ShortErica ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ My โ€œCโ€ folder is overflowing with TCS masks, I really need to get to work on them! 

Fragrance used to be a non-issue, but over time Iโ€™ve come to realize why it can be so bothersome (besides the fact that it might be too cloying/strong/overbearing/an irritant. Major annoyance right there.

Yes, as we've gone through the weeks it's been interesting seeing what brand name letters I have a lot, or which ones have been cleared from my stash @eshoe.

Oooh is be curious to know which ones you have the most of, too @ShortErica ๐Ÿค”

My Marshall/TJ Maxx box purchases are what got my numbers up @eshoe - Yadah, Holika Holika, Look at me. There are some letters that I've used up or only have one or two masks left. I'm doing the Yadah jelly masks this week and now I'm curious about my current thoughts on the other style. Only one face - such problems! ๐Ÿคฃ

I definitely miss my TJ Maxx excursions, @ShortErica ๐Ÿ˜‰

Me too. I'd break my mask no buy if it would get things back to normal @eshoe. Hopefully next year it will be better and my stash will need some restocking.

testing