Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Happy fall, and welcome to the second half of the year! 🍂🍁🌾 Just a few weeks left in 2020, looking forward to finishing strong and starting fresh ☺️

77EEC534-A8D1-4CB3-AF81-C80525AC61EC.gif

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗 Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Week’s Theme: Masking Duel Week II - time to contrast and compare your masks!

Letters of the Week:  R & I

Spoiler

Jun 29 - Jul 5

A & Z

Masking Pet Peeves - use a mask that has some component that drives you crazy!

@ShortErica

Jul 6 - 12

B & Y

Masking Hacks - share your masking secrets that make your life easier and your skin happy

@eshoe

Jul13 - 19

C & X

Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that summer skin

Jul 20 - 26

D & W

’Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

@aalia

Jul 27 - Aug 2

E & V

Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Aug 3 - 9

F & U

Blind Pick Your Mask - Let's make it fun to use the masks in our stash!

@veronika23

Aug 10 - 16

G & T

Sheet Mask Focus - from cotton to cupra, coconut gel to bio cellulose, what are your favorites and why?

Aug 17 - 23

H & S

Drugstore & Grocery Brands Week

@eshoe

Aug 24 - 30

I & R

3-Step Masks/Multi-Step Masks

@heartsmyface

Aug 31 - Sep 6

J & Q

Rainbow Week - Bring out the colorful masks in every hue

@sonnydee

Sep 7 - 13

K & P

Autumn Masks - Fall goodness in a mask

Sep 14 - 20

L & O

When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Sep 21 - 27

M & N

BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Sep 28 - Oct 4

N & M

Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Oct 5 - 11

O & L

Masks that Make you Hungry - Fall/Winter Edition

@itsfi

Oct 12 - 18

P & K

Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Oct 19 - 25

Q & J

Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Oct 26 - Nov 1

R & I 

Masking Duel Week II

@eshoe

Nov 2 - 8

S & H

Buddy Up! Dare to compare the same mask with another BIC-er

@eshoe

Nov 9 - 15

T & G

Gross/Odd/Unusual Ingredients - Spirulina, donkey milk, bee venom, snail mucous - what masks have you used that have strange ingredients?

@Aaliaa

Nov 16 - 22

U & F

Flash Masks - masks that do doubly duty in half the time

@eshoe

Nov 23 - 29

V & E

Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Nov 30 - Dec 6

W & D

Mask that would make a good band name (kinda silly, I know)

@PrettyPaint

Dec 7 - 13

X & C

Holiday Party Prep Mask

Dec 14 - 20

Y & B

Most Artistic Sheet Mask

@Kim888

Dec 21 - 27

Z & A

Favourite Masks of All-Time

@itsfi

Dec 28 - 31

Masks you discovered this year

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge Part 1:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125 

***New schedule will be up in November so planning can begin for the new year*** 

9044EF0A-45AB-45D7-B451-62D8BA6D058F.gif

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

You've definitely sold me on those multi sheet packs once my no buy ends @WinglessOne!

Oooouhh, maple. 💖💖💖 My skin already knew it would want this one right when I read "Japanese maple" in your post. And it was confirmed when I saw that packaging @WinglessOne

@WinglessOne that packaging is too cute!! I have couple packs of these I need to test out, not this version though

Oh gosh, this mask sounds amazing, @WinglessOne!! Definitely going on a to buy list. Glad it was so lovely!!

@WinglessOne Wow that sounds amazing.

@WinglessOne  I know I've said this before, but it needs to be said again...... you seriously know how to sell a mask!! This one sounds wonderful and so perfect for fall! 🍁🍂 I really loved the Raw Sauce too, and was always ecstatic to see it at TJ Maxx/ Marshall's - haven't seen it there in a while though 😢 It's too bad they don't sell the serum for this one! Happy to hear you loved it! 😍

Thanks @Shosh85 ! I must've missed my calling as a sheet mask marketer/seller. 🤣 And I know what you mean about Raw Sauce sightings at TJM/Marshalls: it was always an exciting surprise! YesStyle still carries both the FS and mini at the cheapest prices (mini's about $8 USD for gold members) I've seen anywhere lately. I notice YesStyle lists the ingredients but omits alcohol, which is really the second ingredient unless May Coop has reformulated this essence. Hmm. 

I might ask LuLuLun if they've ever sold bottled serums/essences, or if they've considered going that route. (They do sell a couple of cream moisturizers.) Meanwhile, I might need to buy more boxes of this mask while they're still available. 

@WinglessOne  Haha! Seriously tho, just about every time you post a review I feel like buying it right then and there! Would this qualify as your favorite LLL mask?

@Shosh85 This might actually be my favorite LLL mask now. 🙂 I love so many of them... eh, there are some that are more in the "like it" category. And I have to consider expected results from each mask: the Premium Kyoto green tea is my favorite anti-inflammatory LLL mask, for instance, while this maple mask is now my LLL favorite for hydration. 

I am currently using a sample of Tarte Clay mask. It is a multi mask sample, one side is clay the other gel. I didn't have enough room for both so I'm just working on one side at a time. I also finally finished the snowman mask haha.

Tarte Clay Mask.jpg

@Samtian, I’ve seen this mask before - it’s in a huge tub with a pretty top but it’s a lot of product, I recall. I’ll be interested in your thoughts on the clay mask after you’ve gone through your sample. Does the mask have a noticeable scent to it?

@itsfi I looked it up, it is really pretty! I honestly don't remember, but I'll be using it again on Thursday so I'll be on the look out for any scent.

@Samtian  What’s your thoughts! I’ve seen it but never tried it!

@ather I'm going to do it again tomorrow night so I'll post on Friday my thoughts and stuff, because I honestly don't remember.

@Samtian  Sounds good!! 

Oh that sounds pretty cool @Samtian never tried that one before

@lmaster It's pretty interesting.

@Samtian   Well this brought a smile to my face.   My brain thinks clay and translates that to drying which I know isn’t always the case.  Is this meant to be more a hydrating or clearing mask?  

@heartsmyface I'm glad, I love making people smile. This one is supposed to be clearing. It has a gel part with it that does the hydrating. 

@Samtian Oh my gosh, I love this photo! 😍What kind of results did you see from this one?

@Shosh85  😄 ha thank you! I didn't notice anything but oily in the morning. i'll keep a closer eye next week.

4,784 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos878
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg