Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Happy fall, and welcome to the second half of the year! 🍂🍁🌾 10 weeks left in 2020, looking forward to finishing strong and starting fresh ☺️

77EEC534-A8D1-4CB3-AF81-C80525AC61EC.gif

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗 Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Week’s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a 🏺 jar🌟

Letters of the Week:  Q & J

Spoiler

Jun 29 - Jul 5

A & Z

Masking Pet Peeves - use a mask that has some component that drives you crazy!

@ShortErica

Jul 6 - 12

B & Y

Masking Hacks - share your masking secrets that make your life easier and your skin happy

@eshoe

Jul13 - 19

C & X

Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that summer skin

Jul 20 - 26

D & W

’Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

@aalia

Jul 27 - Aug 2

E & V

Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Aug 3 - 9

F & U

Blind Pick Your Mask - Let's make it fun to use the masks in our stash!

@veronika23

Aug 10 - 16

G & T

Sheet Mask Focus - from cotton to cupra, coconut gel to bio cellulose, what are your favorites and why?

Aug 17 - 23

H & S

Drugstore & Grocery Brands Week

@eshoe

Aug 24 - 30

I & R

3-Step Masks/Multi-Step Masks

@heartsmyface

Aug 31 - Sep 6

J & Q

Rainbow Week - Bring out the colorful masks in every hue

@sonnydee

Sep 7 - 13

K & P

Autumn Masks - Fall goodness in a mask

Sep 14 - 20

L & O

When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Sep 21 - 27

M & N

BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Sep 28 - Oct 4

N & M

Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Oct 5 - 11

O & L

Masks that Make you Hungry - Fall/Winter Edition

@itsfi

Oct 12 - 18

P & K

Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Oct 19 - 25

Q & J

Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Oct 26 - Nov 1

R & I 

Masking Duel Week II

@eshoe

Nov 2 - 8

S & H

Buddy Up! Dare to compare the same mask with another BIC-er

@eshoe

Nov 9 - 15

T & G

Gross/Odd/Unusual Ingredients - Spirulina, donkey milk, bee venom, snail mucous - what masks have you used that have strange ingredients?

@Aaliaa

Nov 16 - 22

U & F

Flash Masks - masks that do doubly duty in half the time

@eshoe

Nov 23 - 29

V & E

Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Nov 30 - Dec 6

W & D

Mask that would make a good band name (kinda silly, I know)

@PrettyPaint

Dec 7 - 13

X & C

Holiday Party Prep Mask

Dec 14 - 20

Y & B

Most Artistic Sheet Mask

@Kim888

Dec 21 - 27

Z & A

Favourite Masks of All-Time

@itsfi

Dec 28 - 31

Masks you discovered this year

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge Part 1:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125 

***New schedule will be up in November so planning can begin for the new year*** 

9044EF0A-45AB-45D7-B451-62D8BA6D058F.gif

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@lmaster  It makes me happy too! It's definitely the kind of packaging that catches your attention! 🌈😍

The rainbow mask! It sounds like it worked out nicely for you, @Shosh85. I love the packaging on this one- it just looks so cheerful. 

@quspork  It's definitely a cheerful mask! It's hard to frown at hearts and rainbow colors! 😍

This one sounds great @Shosh85! I like that the scent leans more towards blueberry, too! 😁 I'm looking forward to using this mask this week - if you and @sonnydee like it, it should mean it'll be a good one for my skin year-round. The hearts on the mask are so cute! 💖

@itsfi  It's such a fun mask! I think if I could change anything, it'd be the thickness of the material. There's not too many Creme Shop masks that make it on my repurchase list, but this is one of them! 🌈😃

This mask is so pretty, @Shosh85! Love the font on the ingredients list, too, ha;)

@eshoe Right? The rainbow goodness is the reason I'd buy more! 😉🌈

I don't think I have any 3 steps masks in my stash (though at the size it still is, there could be something I overlooked) so I prepped for the week with some I and R masks. And that's when I realized by bioBelle  #InstantDetox and A'pieu Icing Mask were both watermelon and went ahead and brought a few more in for a duel. So here's what we have:

bioBelle  #InstantDetox (I actually have two of these - one from @lmaster and one from @Shosh85, I'll not spoil how excited 😉 I am to have another)

20200824_090811.jpg20200824_090816.jpg

A'pieu Icing Sweet Bar Sheet Mask (Watermelon) - another treat from @Shosh85 

20200825_125219.jpg20200825_125226.jpg

lookAtMe Watermelon Face Mask (of course I missed that I had this from @missjeanie and went into the box I bought but now I have the same mask back together as a family 🙂 )

20200826_124435.jpg20200826_124441.jpg

Masqueology Watermelon Moisturizing Mask - @Shosh85 again! Thanks for making this battle possible

20200827_092446.jpg20200827_092451.jpg

My faces

Spoiler

bioBellebioBelleA'pieuA'pieulookAtMelookAtMeMasqueologyMasqueology

bioBellebioBelleA'pieuA'pieulookAtMelookAtMeMasqueologyMasqueology

All masks were enjoyable and I'd do them again. I thought a table would be best to compare so hopefully it pastes well

A'pieu Icing Sweet Bar Sheet Mask (Watermelon)bioBelle #Instant DetoxlookAtMe Watermelon Face Mask - Deeply HydratingMasqueology Watermelon Moisturizing Mask
Smell(1) Pleasant watermelon scent(2) Pleasant watermelon scent that was light during wear, only when comparing against A'pieu did I detect slight clean (like laundry) vibes(4) Did not smell like watermelon to me, instead I thought of hard candy. My husband asked if I used anything that smelled like cherry jello.(3) Kinda watermelon but also leaned more candy/artificial smell
Material & DesignThin material, package did not indicate type but searching says tencelFace looked like a watermelon! Eucalyptus tree pulp material which was comfyVery comfy tencel materialRed tinted and thin material, package did not indicate type and I'd guess tencel
Fit(4) Decent fit but had excess length in cheek area so I tried to let the natural fold in the mask fold other so the philtrum and eye areas aligned(2) Great fit(2) Great fit(1) Best fit
Wear TimeInstructions: 15-20
Worn: 25? but was quite dry
Instructions: 15-20
Worn: 30
Instructions: 15-20
Worn: 40
Instructions: 20
Worn: 30
Tackiness(1) No tack(1) No tack but maybe residue on skin(4) Slight tack, more tacky on neck(3) Slight tack
Extra SerumEnough for face for a different day but less than bioBelleEnough for face for a different dayVery little, maybe enough for neckVery little, maybe enough for neck
ResultsSkin felt hydrated but wouldn't pass on moisturizer after using itHave some blemishes I'm trying to heal and this did help with redness, skin looked more evenSkin looked nice and felt hydrated, added moisturizer too soon didn't help with tackiness but it did fade after timeI felt this one helped with skin evenness too but like most sheet masks, even if they are intended to moisturize, I still apply moisturizer
Other notesDripping out of the packageDripping out of the package. Didn't like that the highlighted ingredients (watermelon and centella asiatica) are below fragrance
Grade(3) B+
Despite the best watermelon scent for me, the not as good fit takes off some points
(1) A-
My pet peeve is about the star ingredients but this one is the overall winner for me
(4) B+
Not watermelon smell and tackiness bring this one down but it is still a good mask
(2) A-
Although the scent was artificial, the great material, fit, and skin evenness this mask brings make it beat out A'pieu

Such a great comparison, @ShortErica!! Glad they were all overall good!!

Thanks @haleyvvvv!

Great comparison @ShortErica  and a perfect time of year for a watermelon extravaganza!  I love your sheet!

Thanks @missjeanie! It was such a happy accident to fall into the watermelon masks so I went with it.

Lovely comparison, @ShortErica! I always forget the Biobelle has a pretty print, the Peach one is fun, too👍🏼

I have a few bioBelle from unicorn mail and they are on my list to try soon @eshoe. One of them has a rainbow cake picture that I'm using this week 😁

Oh perfect, @ShortErica 🌈!

Love this watermelon comparison, @ShortErica! I don't think I've seen the Masqueology one but it sounds like it turned out well!

Yes, I'd love a truer watermelon scent but otherwise it checks the boxes for me @quspork 

Now I'm super curious about the masqueology watermelon! @ShortErica love your battle!!

Do you have a watermelon favorite @lmaster? I remember trying Glow Recipe in the past but there's probably lots of watermelon masks to try.

Purlisse has a great one too @ShortErica 

@ShortErica  I am loving this watermelon mash up!! They all had super cute packaging too. I may have one or two of these in my stash so I might have to dig them out and use them to compare!!! 

4,486 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos838
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg