Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Lol @lmaster ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

@CynthieLu if the serum helped my eczema,,, maybe it would help diaper rash ๐Ÿ˜†

Hahaha oh baby jokes ๐Ÿ˜† your killing me lol! 

I know it's some sort of subliminal marketing but this is funnier @lmaster tee hee

You know what had been working wonders twice a day for my eczema is The Inkey Lists super solutions Azelaic Acid, after a a couple of days I can see it starting to heal. It's worked on a patch I had by my eyes and on a real good and angry few breakouts on my fingers (the soap at my work kills me ๐Ÿ˜…

Good to know!! @CynthieLu I'll add it to my loves list ๐Ÿ™Œ

The I's have it with the different material and essence pairings of both these SkinRx Lab sheet masks. ๐Ÿ’–
I - Made Cera mask = intense hydration + moisture (cream essence masks).jpg
TL;DR: I was highly impressed with both of these masks from SkinRx Lab and the incredibly intense hydration and moisturization, respectively, that I received from just 30 minutes with each mask. While each mask is made up of a different material and contains a different type of essence, their respective performance over the half hour wear time felt insanely indulgent and ideal for those dealing with dehydrated skin (SkinRX Lab MadeCera Real Red Mask) or dry or very dry skin (SkinRx Lab MadeCera (Re-turn) Express Mask). For me, both are repurchase-worthy.

SkinRx Lab MadeCera Real Red Mask (light pink packaging)
Spoiler
Mask:SkinRx Lab MadeCera Real Red Mask
Brand Origin:South Korea
Manufacture Site:South Korea
Claim(s): Calming & Moisturizing
Key Ingredient(s): Extracts of beets, raspberries and tomatoes, together with madecassoside and ceramide
Material:Thin, 100% Lyocell plant based cellulose sheet (aka clearcell H sheet)
Adherence:Good; clings beautifully to the skin
Fit:Good with some minor adjustments, which were easy to do as there's a lot of strategically placed slits on this mask.
Essence:Clear, slightly runny liquid
Scent:There's a plant-like scent to this with a smidge of a tea tree oil smell - not overwhelming but it is discernible (turns out there's tea tree extract in the essence as well)
Viscosity:Light to light-medium
Performance (during 30 minutes of wear):Wears comfortably; I could feel my dehydrated skin drinking up the essence
Tack / Stickiness:Slightly tacky/sticky; there's a little bit of a filmy feeling after pressing / patting into the skin; disappears once you follow up with the rest of your skincare routine (i.e., moisturizer)
Results:Intensely hydrating; leaves skin soft, supple, bouncy.
Best Suited For:All skin types, especially those with dehydrated skin
Will I Repurchase?:Oh yes! This would be lovely after a day in the sun.
SkinRx Lab MadeCera (Re-turn) Express Mask (dark pink packaging)
Spoiler
Mask:SkinRx Lab MadeCera (Re-turn) Express Mask
Brand Origin:South Korea
Manufacture Site:South Korea
Claim(s): Hydrating, moisturizing, healing
Key Ingredient(s): Turmeric extract, beta-glucan, ceramide, madecassoside
Material:Microfiber - thin leaning, very soft
Adherence:Beautiful; adheres well to contours of the face
Fit:Pretty good - some adjustments needed for a more tailored fit, but one of the better fits for my face shape
Essence:Creamy goodness - feels moisturizing but not heavy. Thinner consistency but not runny or dripping.
Scent:Herbaceous / botanical, ever so slightly medicinal 
Viscosity:Standard for a cream / milky emulsion essence
Performance (during 30 minutes of wear):Wears comfortably and feels soothing and nourishing while worn
Tack / Stickiness:A very slight tack-to-the-touch as you press the remaining essence into the skin but the tack dissipates as the essence is fully absorbed.
Results:Ahhh, soft, plump, moisturized skin! 
Best Suited For:Dry or very dry skin year-round; possibly all skin types in the colder winter season
Will I Repurchase?:Absolutely! 
Both sheet masks are fantastic and ones I will definitely repurchase. The Real Red Mask is one I can use year-round and the (Re-turn) Express Mask is perfect for some TLC for my skin for all but maybe the warmest part of the summer.

@itsfi where would I find these?? ๐Ÿคฃ

Omg, believe it or, these are still in production @lmaster! I was half expecting to learn theyโ€™d been discontinued because, well, you know how that goes! ๐Ÿคช But these are in stock!! You can find them on the brandโ€™s US site - skinrxlab (dot) us - no www 

Also available thru YesStyle (but they go in and out of stock) and Amazon! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Thank you dearly!! @itsfi 

Those both sound lovely @itsfi (and that picture is so pretty ๐Ÿฉท) I don't really know much about the brand, but I'm curious now, they seem like good ones ๐Ÿ™‚ I do love that Korean skin care ๐Ÿ˜‹

Ahhhh, love Korean skin care @CynthieLu! Thereโ€™s just so much out there that itโ€™s easy to get distracted by all sorts of newness, or even tons of brands and products that have been around for some time that I donโ€™t have the chance to get to right away. Having just one face can make it hard to try it all out. ๐Ÿ˜‚ And thatโ€™s just what is available to the North American markets. I donโ€™t even know how many empty suitcases I would need to bring (or buy) if I visited Korea. 

@itsfi  These both sound fantastic! Love how the "Re-turn" one sounds - I'm always a sucker for milky/creamy masks! Glad these both turned out to be winners! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

P.S. - I love your use of "I's!" ๐Ÿ‘Œ

So with you @Shosh85! I see or hear milky / creamy serum and all of me is just like โ€œOhhhh??!!โ€ ๐Ÿ˜ The โ€œRe-turnโ€ one is fab and definitely one I will re-turn to. Hahaha! 

I didnโ€™t have a mask from an โ€œIโ€brand easily on hand so I had some fun with my tie-in for the letter of the week. ๐Ÿ˜‰โ˜บ๏ธ

@itsfi Excellent breakdown of both masks. I know that I could definitely benefit from aome wxtra hydration of he skin any time of the year. It is nice that you enjoyed the masks. It is also helpful to know that you would repurchase ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you @Mellmars1185! The brand has some great skincare products in addition to these sheet masks. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Well suited to those with dry, very dry or compromised skin. 

I is for Incredible

IMG_20230304_201132003.jpg

The fit on this one is terrible, too big all around, but if you squish it and fold it, you can make it work.

The scent was nothing to me, not even a typical sheet scent, nada, which would be great for those that have sensitivities to fragrance

Tons and tons of extra clear serum!! 

** So this winter my eczema has been the worst I've ever experienced, I could get rid of the itch with otc creams, but the eczema was not going away,,, I decided to start using the extra serum in the packages on my skin that had the eczema,,,, and I have to say it helped clear my skin immediately!!! (My legs were the worst and I had a little bit on my upper arm areas) 

Just saying if anyone suffers from eczema try using the serum in these masks, it worked wonders for me!!

I left it on for 20 minutes and wow there was so much serum that didn't absorb, however as soon as I removed the sheet it started to absorb.

I didn't notice any tackiness just hydrated, I mean plump and hydrated skin!! 

A little glow too might add ๐Ÿ™Œ 

This one is a winner

Oh wow, so glad this helped with your eczema, @lmaster. Love a mask with serum to spare! 

@quspork oh absolutely!! I'm using every drop now that's extra

Oh I am glad to hear you had good results @lmaster.   I too have eczema and itโ€™s miserable.  Iโ€™ve been waking up at night just itching my legs and feet no matter what I have put on them.   Iโ€™m sorry to hear how much you are suffering.  Spring and summer canโ€™t come too soon.

@Cissy63 it was so bad, I had bruises on my thighs from scratching so hard!! I was willing to try anything, I knew I needed hydration, and body oils and moisturizer were not doing the trick, so I figured if the serum hydrates my face, it's gotta help and thank goodness it did

@lmaster  Oh, wow, this definitely sounds like a winner! I am so happy it could help with your eczema- that's amazing! I think this is a Turmeric mask? I wonder if it's the Turmeric that your skin loves so much?

I have used so many masks on my legs ๐Ÿ˜‚ @Shosh85 it would be hard to pinpoint, they all helped with hydration and protecting my skin barrier ๐Ÿ™ the look at me watermelon was the first brand I used on it bc I had so many

21,367 Replies
testing