Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Thank you @eshoe!  It's kinda hard not to smile when you got a pug on your face! ๐Ÿ˜…

I let out a squeal when I saw the pugs on the packet of the sheet mask @Shosh85 - so cute! Then I went to read your review (awesome as always) and saw your photo with the mask - you make an adorable pug! Sorry about the scent - I find with sheet masks that smell like perfume, less is more ... or even not at all! I much prefer a fruity scent, or even that fresh, clean, signature sheet mask scent. Was the pinkness in areas where you are normally more sensitive or in drier parts of your face?

@itsfi  Yup, the pinkness was mostly on my cheeks - my entire face is always pretty dry, but my cheeks generally seem to be just a smidge drier. 

Sephora, salts, and a soak, followed by a subtly-scented, softening & coconut-printed mask to get your soles summer-and-sandal-ready!
S - Sephora + soak 1.jpg

I went with a foot soak and mask, as a way to get in a self-care moment and to prep for summer sandal season.
S - Sephora + soak 2.jpg

Foot Soak
Spoiler
There's a slight woodsy/earthiness to the maude Soak - vitamin-rich mineral bath salts No. 1 , with just the teensy bit of something herbal and very faintly sweet. The scent smells stronger in the jar than on the skin or in the water. They dissolves fairly quickly in the water, which was just a smidge warmer than warm. It was a restful and relaxing soak that left my tired feet feeling softened and my state of mind a little more serene. One thing to note is that these are Dead Sea salts and not epsom salts.
Foot Mask
Spoiler
Then came the coconut-printed SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Foot Mask 1 Pair Coconut / nourishing and soothing to comfort dry skin. Most of us have used the from Sephora (or another brand). Sock-like booties filled with a lotion-y serum that you slip your foot into and if there's a sticker tab included in the brand you're using (this Sephora Collection one includes a sticker tab), seal your foot in for a comfy, cozier fit. Sit back and relax for the recommended 20 minutes (though more is fine with these masks as they're not exfoliating foot masks) - catch up on some reading, watch TV, masking, journal, have a cup of tea (or something stronger), email, log onto the BIC, etc. I like to pull on a pair of socks to make it easier and safer to walk around in these foot masks - I have hardwood floors so these can be a bit slippery without socks. After removing the mask and massaging the lotion that remains and allowing that to fully absorb, the skin on my foot feels soft and lightly moisturized. A single use won't yield results that last forever, but used regularly, these foot masks do help feet retain moisture and that's a great result for me all year round. These make great gifts year round - for birthdays, care packages and just because, and, of course, fabulous stocking stuffers during the holidays.

@itsfi  Such a great way to take care of your feet! I need to look up that salt soak. It sounds amazing! SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Foot Mask 1 Mask  is such a great one! My favs! Smart idea to wear socks so you donโ€™t fall! 

@ather, I always remember how nice a foot soak is when I take the time to do one. I used to be better about fitting one in on a weekly basis; it is so relaxing and a wonderful way to unwind, especially if you're on your feet for much of the week. 

@itsfi  Ahhh, this looks like such a nice and relaxing pampering session!

P.S. Love the polish! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

It was @Shosh85, and a reminder that self care can come in quick moments like this. I was out of town for work and got in a little earlier one night and made myself a little foot soak in the tub with some salts I brought with me in a ziploc bag. 

With sandal season coming, my toesies may see more color. ๐Ÿ˜€

Ok, canโ€™t not love this calming, soaking, shimmering toes @itsfi ๐Ÿ›€

@eshoe, it was a nice treat after a long day.

This looks so relaxing! @itsfi 

It was such a nice treat @lmaster; I need to remember to do it more frequently.

That sounds very relaxing @itsfi ! Definitely sounds like a good thing to do before sandal season!

@Kim888, sandal season will be here before we know it! ๐Ÿฉด I should do a foot soak more often - Iโ€™m reminded of how relaxing they are when I actually do one. ๐Ÿ˜€ 

S is for ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“

I used this one yesterday and actually remembered to grab a pic of the package before tossing it, so here's the Nobana Flower Essential Wild Strawberry and Chamomile mask. 

PXL_20230513_134005830.jpg

This is a Japanese mask that claims to refine and brighten. It has a lovely sweet floral scent. I wouldn't say I necessarily picked up strawberry or chamomile but it was pleasant and not overpowering. The sheet itself was a nice, tightly-woven cotton that fit well and stayed in place easily. It was a pretty comfortable wear. The mask was well soaked in watery serum so I kept it on for over 20 minutes easily. It was nicely hydrating and my skin did appear to have some brightening around the cheeks and forehead. Not sure about the refining action. Overall, it was a pleasant mask and I'd happily use it again (or the others from the line), but I'm not running out to repurchase. 

@quspork  Sounds like a great mask! The packaging is super cute too! 

@quspork  Sounds decent enough! This is one of those masks I would've picked up because of the packaging ๐Ÿ˜‰

The packaging is so beautiful! Sounds really nice @quspork 

@quspork, the packaging is really pretty on this packet; definitely gives off those springtime feels. It's the first I've heard of a strawberry and chamomile skincare pairing - the results sound good. I hadn't heard of the brand - Charley - before seeing this mask. The brand's Nobana range looks like it has a lot of good skincare products to choose from, including their sheet masks. Do you recall if this sheet mask was thicker than most sheet masks you've used, or similar in terms of thickness? 

@itsfi It was fairly similar to a tencel mask, pretty conforming and didn't come up during wear. 

Technically there is a panda on the package...I hope that can squeeze in here for this week's theme!

IMG_4516.jpeg

Spoiler
Started off with Tata Harper Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Floral Mask for Dewy Skin 1 oz/ 30 mL. The consistency could be compared to a slight thinner Pharmacy Honey Saver. The scent was a real adventure, wavering between a subtle blue tansy and lily. When I first applied it and detected the blue tansy, I was concerned it would be overwhelming. Not so; in fact, the earthy-floral that I detected throughout this masking was just divine...and I am not a huge floral person. I left this on at least an hour before reluctantly removing. It rinsed off easily, and left my skin feeling refreshed. This is going straight to the top of my loves list ๐Ÿ’— One thing that has been a standard on my loves list is the Dior Lip Glow Oil 20 Mahogany. I love the goopy stickiness of these lip oils; feels more like a lip gloss than oil, but I enjoy it that way. 

Next was the OhK! Hyaluronic Hydrogel Mask with Vitamin B3 and sea kelp. As with most hydrogels, this was tricky to remove without it slipping out of my hands. I managed to adhere the bottom half to my face first while wrangling the top half off of the protective covers. The top was noticeably itchy, and upon closer inspection, I noticed one side had a crosshatch fibrous texture, while the other was completely smooth. Flipped it around and so much better. This was  so comfortable that I left it on around 40 minutes before it started to dry. One thing I love about hydrogel sheet masks is how cool the skin feels to the touch after removing, and this was no exception.

Besides cooling and softening my skin, it had a pretty blue-green iridescence. This will also be a repurchase, and it renewed my love for hydrogels.
IMG_4745.jpeg

Ingredients:
Spoiler
IMG_4517.jpeg
21,372 Replies
testing