Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@ather I use it at least two or three times a day.  I can usually go through lip masks, balms, glosses, etc pretty fast.

@CookieGirl1  I always have so many open and out so I guess Iโ€™m not using just 1 pot. 

@ather that's probably why I can go through them so quickly because I try to only have two or three open at a time, strategically spread out between my bathroom, desk, purse, etc.

@CookieGirl1  I always say that but I have a hard time with willpower and not opening them. 

Thank you for your review @CookieGirl1.  Good to have a mask that stays on when you need to do things with it on. 

@CookieGirl1 thanks for your thoughts on the lawless!! 

@CookieGirl1 That jelly mask looks so cool, I actually like that it's a "half mask" because I can't drink coffee when I mask (or it's kind of hard to do without a straw lol). Although I prefer biocellulose masks I'd actually like to try out a jelly mask again. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@CookieGirl1 Neat mask! I love masks that you can multitask in!

@CookieGirl1, I havenโ€™t used that particular mask but I like that itโ€™s just the top half - makes it easy to snack while masking! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

And, on a side note, love the new hair color and that nail polish!! ๐Ÿ’•

@itsfi I hate masks that don't allow me to multitask a bit, lol.  And actually it's just my dim bathroom lighting at 10 pm; haven't changed the hair color or style (it's just pulled back) but you're right, I hadn't noticed how much different it looks in this photo!

You have almost finished this lip mask, @CookieGirl1 ๐Ÿ˜ณ I feel like it was just released, but then again I wouldnโ€™t be surprised if it has been a year already. 

Do you like hydrogel masks in general? What are your favorite mask materials, out of curiosity๐Ÿค”

@eshoe I can usually finish off lip glosses and balms pretty quickly; I have chronically dry lips despite always staying really well hydrated and the LAWLESS Forget The Filler Overnight Lip Plumping Mask Sweet Dreams will have lasted me about 2 months, using it a few times a day.  TBH, I'm not a huge sheet mask person so I don't necessarily have a favorite brand or material!  Since I have a small stash of them I make it a point to use one here and there but I guess I haven't come across one yet that I thought made a big difference and I'm more likely to use a wash-off mask instead.

Well that is really impressive, @CookieGirl1. I think sheet masks are more of a short-term solution, as even when my skin appears plumped after removing one, things somehow migrate back to normal by morning๐Ÿ˜‚ 

That being said, I notice less dryness overall with nightly masking ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ How would you categorize your skin?

@eshoe my skin runs normal to dry, usually leaning a little more dry.  I guess that I also don't have the patience for nightly masking, TBH!

This is my 1st post in this group.  Tonight I used grace & stella Dead Sea mud mask.   The company is a wife and husband team who believe in natural ingredients.  Their products are vegan and Cruelty-Free. I have used this on and off for several months .   This is a mask that relieves some congestion in my pores. And this helps with rough texture on my skin.  My skin is sensitive and has eczema.  Sometimes itโ€™s not in shape to handle an exfoliating agent or tool.   After I wash it off, my skin looks bright, soft and smooth.

32A1B386-AEF3-4F07-8853-04660BEA414D.jpeg

โ€ƒ

029AA858-5507-493D-91A7-8430A408F9F0.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Welcome to the masking thread, @Cissy63! It sounds like this is a nice one for for doing a little skin detox!

Yes @quspork  Thank you.  It is a good mild detox mask.

@Cissy63 ohhh that sounds lovely!

Thank you so much @lmaster!

@Cissy63 Welcome!! It sounds like you found a mask that works well for you. I have not tried this one yet!

Hi @Mellmars1185  Thank you very much!

21,372 Replies
testing