Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe  I totally get it being hard. And they have new flavours all the time itโ€™s hard not to get a new one when you donโ€™t love the one you have. 

@eshoe Ooh that sounds and looks lovely!

That mask was a little gem, @Samtian. The interactive ones can be a pain but they can also be pleasantly surprising. Like this one๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe  That cleanser sounds nice!   

I would buy the cleanser, @heartsmyface. I love bubbling pore cleansers/wash-off masks, especially in lieu of foaming sheet masks. I tried the belif Pore Cleaner Bubble Foam 3.38 oz/ 100 mL a couple of years ago and fell in love with it. Holika Holika makes one for a fraction of the price that works well, as does Yadah. If you have tried any that you ๐Ÿ’—, I am all ears!

Great review @eshoe.   

Thank you, @Cissy63. I donโ€™t find myself having the time to write as much these days, so it is feels good to get this all out โ€˜on paper,โ€™ ha! 

Playing a bit of catch-up here as I try to dwindle down the collection  with the masks that are/were expiring during the first couple months of 2022. Here are a few from the last couple of weeks:

PXL_20220323_180526757.jpg

-Illiyoon Oil Smoothing Mask: Love this one. It's thin and stays put and takes a good 30 minutes before it starts to dry out a little. No real scent to speak of, but features Camellia oil and leaves my skin looking amazing. It calms redness and evens my tone. Leaves my skin looking healthy and glowing. You just can't argue with those results. I'll certainly continue to repurchase this one. 

-Midflower Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Mask: Another winner. Thin, good fit, comfy to wear. There's no scent and it's very hydrating. The only con is a quite a bit of tack after removal, but that's not enough to take away from the overall performance of the mask. My skin looked soothed and plump afterwards and this is one I'll happily purchase again. 

-Candy O'Lady Mystic Potion Candy Mask: Does it actually vitalize the skin? Eh, maybe. This is a nice filler mask, like a lot of the Candy O'Ladies. It's a nicely saturated sheet with nothing offensive about the experience, just nothing overwhelming about the results either. 

-Yadah Rose: I still had just a couple of these left over from a 10 pack picked up at Marshalls a while ago. These are nicely saturated, well-fitting masks that are great for an extra dose of hydration, but probably another one I'd put in the filler category. I do like the subtle rose scent on these and find them very relaxing. I like the Yadah masks in general, but I'm not sure if I'd go out of my way to repurchase them, especially in the multipacks. 

-Biobelle Instant Detox: Oh Biobelle. We had such a good run! This is one of the last Biobelle's I have on hand and even though I do like this particular mask, I won't be rushing to replenish (although it looks like Biobelle is going through another metamorphosis judging by their website). This one did leave my skin looking and feeling nice after removal, but I wouldn't say any more so than others that fall in the detox category. I do appreciate the addition of the centella asiatica and the print of a watermelon slice on the mask though. 

-Kocostar Waffle Mask Honey: Love how absolutely saturated these masks are. I swear you can wear them forever and they stay so hydrating. I do like the waffle masks even though I'd probably put them into the filler category as well, but they're ones I'd happily repurchase again. 

@quspork great lineup!! The candy o lady looks new to me!! 

@quspork 

The waffle masks always make me hungry when I see people post about it. ๐Ÿ˜‹

@quspork, that's great that you're getting through your collection. Happy to hear that Illiyoon mask was a good one for you too. I used it earlier this month and loved it! Illiyoon is one of those brands that I've been delving into more over the last couple of years.

@quspork  Great job!! I just finished my way through my expiration pile just in time. It actually forces me to use the ones I might not be super excited to try!! But I often find loves that way!

Ahhhh the Illiyoon mask sounds like one I need to try at some point, @quspork! Great work on cleaning out your mask drawer, too.  

Thank you for your honest reviews @quspork!  I am interested in trying the 1st mask you reviewed.  You mentioned it calmed redness which is an issue for me.  Iโ€™m going to see about trying it!

I is for Improvement in my skin

IMG_20220314_211131863.jpg

• I'm not sure where I managed to obtain this mask,,,, maybe motm,,, but I'm so happy I had it
  • This was a white sheet with clear serum, not much at all in the packet
  • The scent was tumeric all the way, it was nice
  • The fit was excellent on this one
  • Now I had a couple sensitive red splotches on my cheek, no clue what caused it, it does happen at times
  • I wore the sheet for 20 minutes
  • After removing, my skin felt so much better!! I wasn't really paying attention to the brightening aspects of it, I absolutely seen and felt the healing benefits!! My cheeks were back to normal!!
  • No tackiness 
  • I would absolutely buy more of these to have on handIMG_20220314_211139495.jpg

โ€ƒ

Hi @lmaster  its Sunday Riley C.E.O. Glow with vitamin C and Tumeric oil

Great thank you! @Cissy63 

@lmaster, this sounds like a lovely mask. There are a couple of masks from the brand that I like. My skin can be a smidge sensitive to turmeric, but I'd be game to give this one a try, and maybe just monitor how my skin feels along the way more closely than I would otherwise.

@itsfi now I'm so curious about other varieties from this brand!! I will definitely be checking into more ๐Ÿ˜Š

@lmaster, I wish I could recall off the top of my head which ones I've tried from the brand. Hmmm... ๐Ÿค” I know there was a firming one I was interested in trying but it contained retinol and my skin is hyper sensitive to that ingredient so I didn't want to risk my skin being irritated. That mask also included collagen. I think the brand has redesigned its sheet mask packaging so that like your turmeric mask, it highlights the star ingredients in the mask, as opposed to the claim of the mask. 

@lmaster  Ong Iโ€™ve used this one too. And I remember being so impressed with it!!! Iโ€™m happy you loved it.

21,372 Replies
testing