Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Oh it was fantastic!! @Mellmars1185 @Shosh85 is such a kind hearted soul

Oooh @lmaster I had not seen the avocado version before. Unfortunately it will likely be the last, though ๐Ÿ˜ข I am happy that you were able to try it and enjoy it, though. @Shosh85 is a gem for sharing that goodie!

@eshoe I was holding onto it for dear life ๐Ÿคฃ it was so good!! I am glad I held out

Good masks always get discontinued @lmaster !!! The packaging art in this is so interesting!!! Glad it was an overall success for you

@Kim888 it's so nourishing!! Never fails, the great ones always get discontinued!!

Getting in some fruity Vitamins (very loosely tied to the theme):

73C659AE-06F7-4461-84DC-DB1E275B4F3A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
It just so happened that Mondayโ€™s skin required some attention to address some minor blemishes. The Skinfood Apricot Food Mask seems to be made for this task, so I gave it a try.
89481E0A-6294-4F69-ACA7-ABD89881A820.jpeg

Seeing kaolin fourth on the list of ingredients had me leery that this might be another drying detox clay. Not so with this one! It is a creamy, soft, apricot scented mask the texture of whipped avocados. After applying, I left it on close to 30 minutes before reluctantly removing.  I inspected my skin to see if this mask for โ€˜trouble careโ€™ helped to alleviate my issues. They appeared about the same, maybe a bit less red. I look forward to using this mask more often, as gentle as it is, as well as trying the Pear Mint version at some point. 

Skinfood Ingredients:

Spoiler
34BA903B-0978-49CE-AC7B-A7095E44CBBD.jpeg

The Barulab AHA/BHA Exfoliating sheet mask surprised me with its light, fresh and slightly sweet scent. It was on the thin side, very comfortable and stretchy, and fit great. I left this on around 25 minutes, even though it was still pretty drenched in serum. My skin felt cool to the touch, with zero residual tack. Although this has both AHA/BHA, the latter of which can irritate my skin, I felt no tingling or uncomfortableness while wearing it. I also did not experience any redness. The next day, I discovered that my blemishes had decreased significantly, and my skin appeared smoothed overall.  This was another leftover mask from the motm, so a big thank you to whoever added this in - it was a relief for my skin troubles! โ€ƒ

Sheet Mask Ingredients:
Spoiler
2660B835-A554-46E0-A03D-071BDA5DD7F2.jpeg

@eshoe 

Was your skin sensitive after using both the wash off and sheet masks?

@elleb810 surprisingly, no. I had a bit of skin trouble prior to using these, but while using them, I did not experience irritation or redness. That was a relief!

@eshoe 

Thank you.

@eshoe I'm loving the sounds of the apricot mask

It is a very gentle and forgiving mask, @lmaster - I can get on board with those, too!

@eshoe the Skinfood mask definitely looks interesting!

It isnโ€™t often I find an apricot-scented mask, @CookieGirl1, so that weighed heavily on my decision to try it. 

@eshoe if it smells like you could eat it, it's probably a winner ๐Ÿ˜‰

@CookieGirl1 I think the general rule of thumb is, if it is fruity, it will make a good mask๐Ÿ˜‚

This looks like such a good combo for skin that's acting up, @eshoe. I'm intrigued by the Skinfood-- I don't think I've seen the apricot version before. 

@quspork I still miss the Skinfood Cranberry. Always will, ha! I havenโ€™t tried the rice or egg yet, but the Pear mint might be next up. There is a lavender, too, if that is your thing๐Ÿ˜‰

Ha, lavender can be so hit or miss for me, so I'll probably take a pass on that one, @eshoe but I will look forward to hearing about the pear and mint one-- that one sounds interesting too! #somanymasks 

@eshoe @The skinfood mask sounds interesting! At least it wasnโ€™t drying! Itโ€™s so card with those kinds of masks because itโ€™s a lot to expect it to correct problems after one use ! 

Yeah, @Kim888, when I think of โ€˜one and doneโ€™ type products for acne, I think if Kate Somerville EradiKateยฎ Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment 1 oz/ 30 mL. But the Skinfood did an adequate job of calming and mitigating any additional blemishes.

@eshoe, good to hear the Skinfood apricot mask worked nicely for you. I have to remember to pull out the mini set of masks I have with that one. I have generally found that Kbeauty clay masks lean on the gentle side, though there are many more masks from US, European and other Asian countries that are also very gentle while still being effective. 

21,372 Replies
testing