Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Welcome to the challenge, @Cissy63 ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ Happy to have you here!

There is so much helpful info you included here. The fact that you deal with skin sensitivity as well as eczema probably makes finding masks that work for you a bit of work. It sounds like this one has some very positive benefits. I am curious how you remove it since brushes tend to be too harsh. Clay masks tend to be tricky or time-consuming (at best!) to remove, donโ€™t they ๐Ÿ˜„

Hi thank you @eshoe! Yes they can be.  This has been better than others I have tried.  A warm, wet face cloth usually removes the product pretty good.  I often get too close to my hairline with the product and thatโ€™s usually more difficult to remove.  But leaving the warm wet face cloth on it a little longer does help. 

Oh wow @Cissy63, you just reminded me of how calming it can be to use a warm washcloth to remove a mask. I am usually looking at it with more of a clinical point of view (moving along form point a to point b) that slowing down and enjoying the process a bit more sounds inviting. Thank you for the reminder to take things a little more gentlyโ˜บ๏ธ

Bright, soft and smooth skin sounds fabulous to me @Cissy63! ๐Ÿ˜ I just looked up the brand and they have some nice products.  Excited to hear about the other masks in your skincare routine! 

Thank you so very much @itsfi!  

A J for J-Beauty mask from last week.

J - JBeauty - royal jelly.jpg

Spoiler
This thin-leaning 100% plant based Japanese sheet mask is soaked in a thin, watery but not runny liquid that to my nose, had the faintest bit of a fleeting honey-like scent. Adherence was good and fit was akin to most Japanese sheet masks, which is to say it runs smaller than most of the K-beauty sheet masks out there. The smaller sized masks fit my face better, at least the perimeter; the openings for the eyes and mouths required some adjustments as they ran narrower than I prefer. 

For better or worse, I reached for this mask when my skin was at the driest it has been this winter season. It was extremely dry, more dry than I think this mask could help. Sigh. My parched skin slurrrrped up the serum like that, leaving barely any residual essence after just barely 20 minutes. It's hard to know if those results were due to my skin being so dry or the sheet mask itself being better suited for someone for whom dryness is not the primary skin concern sought to be addressed by a sheet mask. 

As a result, I want to reserve final thoughts on this one until I've had another chance to use it again in the warmer months, when my skin is more combination (and so I have a chance to perhaps try another one of the other 9 types within this line). For the time being, I would say this sheet mask seems like it could be a good filler mask for those with normal, combo (leaning oily) or oily skin. It's intended to be used once or twice per week. While this sheet came in pack of one mask, the masks in this range seem to come packaged in a resealable pouch containing 8 sheets; or, that's what I found to be the case on a few online AB retail sites. 

Oh I would love to try this one @itsfi 

@lmaster, definitely one worth including in a list of masks to try. I did notice that the masks I saw online show a slightly different packaging - it says "collagen and royal jelly". I'll have to look more into that, but a mask with collagen and royal jelly sounds good to me as well. 

@itsfi 

The extreme seasons are always the hardest to judge a mask on. This winter was or is I should say brutal. That plant is a gorgeous. Can I ask what it is?

@elleb810, this winter was brutal; am happy to see we're moving into spring. 

Thank you; Trader Joe's just notes that it's a "small plant." ๐Ÿ˜‚ I looked it up online and it looks like it's a Tradescantia Fluminensis Lilac.

@itsfi @Sounds like an interesting one!!! Agree that trying masks in the winter can be hard - it definitely sometimes seems like my skin is happy for anything ! 

@Kim888, I feel like this winter, my skin really preferred cream-based or oil-based sheet masks. Not that it didn't do well with other essences / serums, but it responded exceptionally well this winter to masks that had cream- or oil- based essences / masks. 

I missed a week last month, and I apologize to @PrettyPaint, because she had such a great theme! For Targeting Specific Skin Concerns, I am adding a few that help me โ˜บ๏ธ

A6F01E5E-8FB1-447A-86D8-1949847698A8.jpeg

Spoiler
The Ice Globes have been a great way to wake up my eyes in the morning while depuffing them. I use the smaller ends to massage back and forth under them, as Kate Somerville recommended (using cold spoons) in a virtual masterclass last year.  After a few minutes, there is a noticeable difference and  I feel soothed. Thanks @sprocketta for this perfect little gift!

Dry winter cheeks require extra TLC and this Leahlani Ambrosia Morning Facial Oil does the trick without making my concealer or foundation run amuck.  

When my skin is in need of exfoliate-lite, I brush one of the SEPHORA COLLECTION Clarifying Peel Pads 60 Pads across my face. My once a month maintenance peel for super-smooth skin is the Peter Thomas Roth FIRMxโ„ข Exfoliating Peel Gel. And when things get serious, I reach for the Alpyn Beauty Wild Huckleberry 8-Acid Polishing Peel Mask 1.7 oz / 50 mL. Since the latter contains various sizes of granules, I use the SEPHORA COLLECTION Vegan Makeup Remover and Cleansing Brush to very, very gently remove without damaging my skin.

PrettyPaint, thank you for this theme, it was very helpful to read what others had to say, and to learn from everyone else here in the process!

@eshoe I really like the Peter Thomas Roth gel; my skin always feels just a little smoother after I use it.

A little goes a long way too, @CookieGirl1! I was so nervous before first trying it. Thankfully my fears were all for naught; it is just a solid, gentle peel. @itsfi 

2nd this @eshoe @CookieGirl1! PTR FirmX is one of a small handful of non-sheet mask masks that's been a repeated repurchase for me. ๐Ÿ˜€

@itsfi I am curious if there are any wash-off masks you have purchased thrice! That might be a challenge all in itself๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe oh those globes are gorgeous!!! What a fun way to start your day off

I like to think so too, @lmaster โ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe Oooh the globes look so Lux and fun to use! 

They are, @Kim888! Perfect for nights when I wake and have trouble falling back asleep, leaving visible evidence under my eyes in the morning๐Ÿ™„   

21,372 Replies
testing