Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Olive01 

coffee anything has to be good.

@Olive01 

Coffee? All you needed to say. I'm IN!

@Olive01, coffee has some good skincare benefits. โ˜•๏ธ Does this mask smell like coffee? I saw that it contains aloe and tea tree and wondered whether the scent from those ingredients could be detected as well. 

@Olive01 interesting!! I love a good coffee scent

Oh this sounds great. Having coffee scent on my face, woo hoo! @Olive01  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Olive01 a coffee-scented mask sounds like a great way to start your day!

@Olive01 looks and sounds like a fun mask!

This is one of my favorite masks. A sample turned purchase from a female founded/woman owned brand. It makes my skin soft and smooth while I sleep and it smells soooooo good! โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‰

Glow Recipe WAtermelon.jpg

I absolutely loved this mask!! It's been discontinued? @nuinui933 

@lmaster @nuinui933, sorry for butting in, but it looks like this sleeping mask is still in Glow Recipe's collection - Glow Recipe Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask 2.7 oz/ 80 mL. Glow Recipe had a watermelon hydrogel mask that had a cover/front design to its packaging that was very similar to the one in the sample of the sleeping mask in nuinui's photo. The hydrogel mask is the one that has been discontinued; I think they stopped production of it fairly early on after releasing the product. I thought it was the discontinued hydrogel mask at first but then realized it was the sleeping mask when I read the post again and then looked at the name of the mask in the photo. The packaging does look very similar - here's a pic of the packaging for the discontinued hydrogel mask:

Spoiler
photo from allure (dot) comphoto from allure (dot) com

@itsfi 

Oh I'm so glad it's not discontinued or going that way. I love this sleep mask. The smell alone!

@itsfi oh that's so funny!! As soon as I seen the packaging, I thought it was the sheet mask,,,I was happy thinking they brought it back!! ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

@lmaster, I thought the same thing. I went into the GR product page here and on their site. ๐Ÿ˜† It was one of the better hydrogel masks out there. And that yummy scent!! ๐Ÿ‰

I can imagine how wonderful it was.  Itโ€™s a company that makes some wonderful products.  @nuinui933  this would be great after a beach day!

@Cissy63  

Yes. I love so many of their products - the watermelon list is great in the spring and summer for a refreshing mist. I like the banana moisturizer and their cleanser - the papaya one and the blueberry one. Haven't tried the new sunblock yet. 

This watermelon mask is such a nice hydrogel, @nuinui933. I can see why it is one of your favoritesโ˜บ๏ธ 

@eshoe  

I don't think it's been discontinued. It's the Glow Recipe Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask 2.7 oz/ 80 mL. Oh my goodness, I hope it's not being discontinued. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I may have to come off my no buy to stock up if it is. 

@nuinui933 I did not use mine for the longest time, and once I did, I loved it, only to discover it wasnโ€™t available anymore. If you do find it, it would be a wonderful surprise!!

@eshoe  

I'm confused. What Glow Recipe mask are you thinking has been discontinued? I used the watermelon sleeping mask. It's still online at Glow Recipe and Sephora - Glow Recipe Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask 2.7 oz/ 80 mL. I emailed the company and they told me that it's not discontinued and they had no plans to remove it from their collection - it's their best selling product. Are you confusing it with the sheet mask they used to have?

@nuinui933 my apologies. It was the Glow Recipe Hydrogel Mask that I was lamenting. The photo looks so similar to the sheet mask.

@nuinui933, this is a great (and great smelling!) mask. โ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ‰ Itโ€™s a summertime treat for my skin. 

21,372 Replies
testing