Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi this was a great find I stumbled upon a year or so ago,,, it still works beautifully

I tried a two-step mask by Masque + ology.  Itโ€™s the Collagen Melting Web Mask.  I had to get past the picture on the package.  It did creep me out.  It claims that itโ€™s โ€œThe non surgical two-step facelift mask. The activating niacinomide and jojoba oil cream begins to hydrate and form the skin. Then the collagen web mask reacts to this cream, partially melting into the skin while the remaining web lifts and tightens the skinโ€. 

So I applied as much of the oil cream as I could to my face.  By the time I unfolded the two part web sheet I could feel the cream sinking into my skin .  I squeezed as much out as I could to put more on my face.  The web mask was dry and didnโ€™t fit well on my face.  The cream felt great.  The web not so much. 

I left it on for 20 minutes as directed.

When I took off the web, it was adheared to my face.  Not painful to remove, more like it was stuck on my skin.  

The results were good.   My skin was very soft and it had an appearance of being even.  

But I donโ€™t think I will repurchase right away.   If I do I will need to see about cutting the web to fit better.  

15C82BF6-2BBF-4D4A-9CC2-A54199719448.jpeg

โ€ƒ

9A806774-1753-4811-9221-CD1D8ED9851D.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Oh my, @Cissy63, I can see how the packaging is a little terrifying! Seems like some masks lean that way, unintentionally, I am guessing ๐Ÿ™‚

The entire process soundsโ€ฆinteresting. The โ€˜webโ€™ might make me feel a little claustrophobic, you are a trooper. While the results seem good, I can see why it isnโ€™t an immediate repurchase for you. Great review!

Yes, I donโ€™t think this is going to be a quick repurchase ๐Ÿ’€ I reminded me of the MRI of my brain many years ago.  They put a device over my face that looked too much like that picture ๐Ÿฅบ. @eshoe 

Oh @Cissy63, no, I donโ€™t think I would want to be reminded of that, either. Iโ€™ve heard it can feel a little claustrophobic, too. I am sorry you had to go through that (and be reminded of it as well๐Ÿ˜ข). There are too many other good masks out there!

@Cissy63, I think I tried a similar type mask and yes, itโ€™s very โ€ฆ interesting how it โ€œmeltsโ€  into the skin and becomes string-like when removing it. Your results sound good! ๐Ÿ˜€ 

Thank you, yes results were good.  But itโ€™s a little creepy for me ๐Ÿฅบ @itsfi 

@Cissy63 this sounds extremely interesting!! I've never seen anything like this

Thank you it was very different @lmaster 

I inadvertently did another multi-step mask this week, a first of its kind for me ๐Ÿ˜„

98CB6AF8-9F46-4B88-B7BB-966224A13B1E.jpeg

Spoiler
Last year, @Kim888 reviewed a steam tea mask that intrigued me, and I have been hoping to try a similar one ever since. My sister-in-law gifted me a little โ€˜spa-dayโ€™ basket, which included a Botanical Facial Steam. To say I was excited would be an understatement! It wasnโ€™t until after I tried that I realized, โ€˜hey - this fits the weekโ€™s challenge!โ€™
6B890604-B072-4B5F-BE83-274E60C42E6D.jpeg

This little cotton sachet is filled with lavender, rose, calendula, jasmine and lavender oil. I added two cups of water to the kettle, then steeped a heaping tablespoon of the leaves for a couple of minutes before leaning over and letting it warm my skin. The entire process of having to sit in one place for ten minutes proved a challenge, ha! It was enjoyable, though, the feeling of the steam was quite soothing. I would have preferred a little more scent, so next time I will try two tbsp. This is one type of mask I can see myself fitting into my weekly schedule, as a way to wind down and let those pores breathe! 

Next up was the Banila Co. Lotus Puressence Brightening Mask. This had a sweet, floral scent that felt light, not at all overpowering. The medium-weight sheet was soaked in a milky white serum, which helped it to adhere beautifully while wearing. The fit was also great, no snipping or major adjustments were required. I left this on around 25 minutes, then removed and patted in the extra serum. My skin felt tacky, so I let it sit for a little over 30 minutes before testing again. Yep, still pretty tacky! That was quickly resolved with my night time moisturizer and a thin layer of Glow Recipe Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask 2.7 oz/ 80 mL . Last step was a generous layer of Bite Beauty Agave+ Nighttime Vegan Lip Therapy 0.5 oz/ 15 g. I just picked up the Hydrating version of the Banila mask, so I will be interested to see how it compares.     

Ingredients:

Spoiler
674CD332-EA5B-4876-A369-592A73487D40.jpeg 

@eshoe 

Yes to the Glow Recipe watermelon mask. It's the best.

@nuinui933 they really hit the mark with this one, that scent cannot be beat!

@eshoe, those are some wonderfully scented ingredients in that satchet.

It was a very pleasant blend, @itsfi. Subtle and soothingโ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe what a fun experience!! Except the waiting part ๐Ÿคฃ 

No joke, @lmaster ๐Ÿ˜„ itโ€™s always worth it when itโ€™s over, though!

@eshoe  The steaming with the sachet sounds great.  Your pores must have said โ€œthank you โ€œ. 

So true, @Cissy63 - they sure did ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Oh glad you enjoyed the steam mask @eshoe !!! I agree, sitting for the 10 minutes can definitely be hard, but it does feel super nice !

Yes, @Kim888, it was definitely worth it. In retrospect, it was only a few minutes, but at the time it felt like an eternity, ha! I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

I love coffee peel-off masks. probably best one I ever got
coffee peel off mask.jpg

21,372 Replies
testing