Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Thank you, @erikarosenim. I enjoy it especially as it does not require watering ๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe 

It's too bad the scrub / balm doesn't have a scent - a pina colada scent would be amazing! Weird question - does it taste like pineapple or coconut?

@nuinui933 the scrub has a fresh, sweet pineapple scent - but the balm seems to me to be unscented, although it is coconut based. Not sure about the taste, I havenโ€™t tried themโ€ฆyet!๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe I'd be tempted to lick it ๐Ÿคฃ looks like caramel ๐Ÿคค

Oh well it definitely smells good enough, @lmaster ๐Ÿคฃ I have never tried but my pup sure wants to be my friend when I am wearing it!

Oh that is so funny!! @eshoe 

@eshoe, glad to hear you like the Missha mask. ๐Ÿ™‚ Such a good sheet mask! I tried it at the beginning of the year and immediately put in an order for more. A nice addition to a Vitamin C themed masking sesh, on National Vitamin C Day, too!

@itsfi smart idea to reorder immediately! I can see why you loved it. I was a little shocked at the milky serum, with a vitamin C mask I guess I just expected something tangerine-hued. What a pleasant surprise ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

@eshoe that honey mask looks so lush!  I had never even heard of the leahlani brand before someone ๐Ÿ˜‰ kindly gifted me the Mermaid Mask (which I'm absolutely going to try this week) and a serum.  

BTW, that serum--BOMB.  I tried that one out yesterday and oil serums often aren't my favorite since so many of them leave me feeling greasy but that one was so nice!  I loved how easily it absorbed without being at all "oily" and I had the most radiant glow from it ๐Ÿ’•.  Thanks for introducing me to that one ๐Ÿ™‚

Leahlani makes some very beautiful products, @CookieGirl1. I am pretty sure I have fallen for everything I have tried so far! The Mermaid Mask can be a little thick, so adding a few drops of water can help make it easier to apply๐Ÿ˜‰

You might enjoy her Bless Balm, too. And the Pamplemousse cleanser. And the Honey Love mask๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@eshoe Beautiful pictures. I really like the leaf dish. Glad you enjoyed the mask!

Awww thank you, @Mellmars1185 โ˜บ๏ธ I went to a ceramics store earlier this year looking for some crafty pieces for my daughter and I to chalk and paint. Chalk gives them such a soft look. I have a โ€˜black thumbโ€™ but live plants, so things like this make me very happy!

@eshoe Aw home made by your daughter? This makes it even more special! ๐Ÿ’š๐ŸคŽ

Oh, her pieces are โ€˜slightlyโ€™ more colorful than mine, @Mellmars1185. She prefers more vibrancy! I chalked the leaf๐Ÿƒ 

Vitamins week: Avocado

IMG_20220328_201326685.jpg

• Gifted to me from the sweetest @Shosh85 
  • This is a medium flexible thickness sheet that fits excellent
  • White milky serum
  • The scent was sweet/fruity
  • Avocado has vitamin C,E,K and B
  • Wear time is 20 minutes
  • The chin area did dry out faster than the rest of the mask but otherwise I was pleased with the results
  • Hydrated, moisturized and my skin felt so nourished!!
  • Pretty sure these have been discontinued, and that's such a disappointment because they are amazing
  • No tackinessIMG_20220328_201333659.jpg

@lmaster  Too bad they may be discontinued.   Sounds like a great sheet mask!

@Cissy63 I know!! It's a major heart ๐Ÿ’”!! 

@lmaster, aren't these masks wonderful? @Shosh85 introduced them to me as well and a shosh85-approved mask is always one worth using! ๐Ÿ˜ Of course that means that they've been discontinued. I'm bummed the brand decided to stop manufacturing masks but I can see how that might make sense for them.  Still, another exceptional sheet mask gone for good. Sigh.

@itsfi that right there, is why I don't even want to say our loud if I love a mask ๐Ÿคฃ lbvs!!!

@lmaster, loving a mask?! WHAT do you mean? That never happens. Hahaha! 

The new format of reviews going forward for me will be:

"So, overall, the mask was just okay."

wink gif.gif

@itsfi too cute!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

21,373 Replies
testing