Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi oh my goodness!!! That's a candle!!?? How cute!!! The sheet mask sounds great, other than the tackiness,,I would expect a milky serum ๐Ÿค”

@lmaster, a milky serum would have been wonderful and so fitting! ๐Ÿ˜ 

@itsfi  

This is great. Just all around great. Maybe not the stickiness you felt but everything else - the mask, the photo.  I have never heard of mochi donuts, but my husband and daughter are all over looking for it near us. 

@missy94612, thank you. I really do think the sticky factor was exacerbated by the weather. Will be interesting to see how the mask performs when the temps fall back to normal. Youโ€™ll have to let me know how everyone likes the mochi donuts ๐Ÿฉ 

@itsfi

I showed my SIL the photo of the mochi donuts and she made sure that we had some when we went to visit. It's a different texture, but good. The mini of course loved them, but she's pretty easy to please when it comes to things like donuts. LOL. 

@itsfi I just love your pic ๐Ÿ˜‚.

@CookieGirl1, we both know I just wanted that mochi donut. ๐Ÿฉ Using that mask is just a ruse to get me to the donut. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@itsfi  

That's a bummer that the mask felt sticky. Warm weather and feeling sticky is just not fun. But woah! This may be your most fun mask photo yet. I showed it to my housemates and we're all craving mochi donuts now - seriously. We were trying to decide where we were going for our house dinner tonight and one of my housemates said that we should go near the mochi donut place. Not even joking, that's what we're going to do. LOL! I don't think I've seen a cereal topping on a mochi donut. 

@nuinui933, thank you! The cereal mask has some good ingredients to Iโ€™ll definitely give it another try, when itโ€™s cooler. I hope the flavors for the mochi donuts are ones you and your housemates like

@itsfi  I am speechless! I had such a fun time reading your post and your pictures! I had to search for the mask in the breakfast spread. Then to see that the cereal is a candle! Wow! ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Awww @Mellmars1185, that makes me happy to hear. Thank you!

Oh my goodness, that candle was such the find! There was a boutique that I would frequent often whenever I was visiting with my parents. The owner recently relocated to another part of the state, but she had some amazing knick knacks in her store over the years, including this candle. The marshmallows and cereal are made of wax and as they melt, create a bit of a swirly color. I'm told that that is an actual spoon. We shall see about that mellmars, we shall see! ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi i would love to see how the candle melted looks like if you decide to light it. It is so pretty i would want to save it!

@Mellmars1185 @itsfi 

I'd love to see it too. The candle looks super fun!

@Mellmars1185, I'll tag you when I pull it out again. I thought I had taken a video of it burning because it was cool to see it melt; will look for it and if I didn't delete it, I'll upload it here.

@itsfi  Okay but donut.  I read furiously looking for where to get the donut. 

ETA: arrrgghhh, why does BIC freeze up or go on snail-mode when there's important things to be discussed like ...

mochi donuts!!! 

Have you not had mochi donuts, @heartsmyface? Ohh, I think you and the fam would love them. They're like a cross between mochi and donuts. soft and floofy and then that familiar mochi texture comes through. There's a rotating menu of flavors at the Mochill stand in the Japantown plaza in the city - green tea, black sesame, chocolate, dark chocolate oreo, nutella, fruity pebbles (pictured), cinnamon sugar, peanut butter and jelly, etc. I recently learned there's another storefront in the mall on the other side of town that has even more flavors on rotation! I went on the website and it looks like I'm going to have to work my way through all of them eventually. Hahaha! I shouldn't but I'm pretty sure I will. ๐Ÿคฃ Both stores happen to be in malls with at least one boutique that carries sheet masks. Oh boy, this could be a problem. ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi   This is important BIC!  Donโ€™t do this now!!   Clearly we are not living life to its fullest potential. We will be remedying the situation this week.  
The plan is to buy them all and cut them into sixths (or an equation that makes sense) and get to taste everything!  

Now that is the perfect plan @heartsmyface. I'm excited to see which flavors you pick up and your thoughts on them.

@heartsmyface, there's a Mochido in Canada.

@itsfi  Ahhhh I just tried to order through door dash and I'm too far out, but hope is not lost.  This just means I need to order them to a friends house and invite said friend over ;).  evil plan in action.  

I like your strategy @heartsmyface! ๐Ÿ˜€ Mochi donuts and friends - a perfect plan! 

21,373 Replies
testing