Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe  This masking session sounds amazing. How have I not heard about reusable eye masks!!!! Definitely seeking these out now!!! Sounds like such a perfect addition to any masking session!!! So many great products you used today!! 

Anything to help me use eye masks more regularly is a bonus, @ather

IMG_20220712_205350327.jpg

โ€ƒ

C is for Centella 

• This was a extremely saturated white sheet
  • Milky white serum with tons extra
  • Scent was somewhat herbal
  • No lasting tackiness
  • Fit was great! 
  • Wear time 20 minutes
  • I loved this one, my skin felt so bouncy and hydrated and moisturized,,I didn't bother with added moisturizer
  • I would absolutely recommend this one

@lmaster 

My skin is really dry, I don't know if I've ever thought that I could skip moisturizer. I will have to look into this mask.

@missy94612 it was an excellent mask! I tend to lean more combo so it was easy for me to skip the moisturizer 

It sounds like this one gave some great results, @lmaster!

@quspork I was so thankful it was perfect for my skin!! 

@lmaster, bouncy, hydrated and moisturized skin sounds absolutely wonderful! ๐Ÿ˜ 

@itsfi oh absolutely!! Fabulous results!

@lmaster  This sounds amazing!!! Perfect for the dry months!!! Glad it worked out for you!

@ather it would be excellent for the dryer months!!

Wow no moisturizer after this one, @lmaster - sounds dreamy! I was going to ask about the โ€˜Multi-Maskโ€™ part but it looks like it is noting the firming, eye, calming and hydrating cream separately. The eye team is a bonus for sure!

@eshoe it was fabulous!! Yeah I was confused about the multi wording myself ๐Ÿ˜‚

Weekโ€™s Theme: Animal Printed Masks

Letters of the Month: A - E

The Creme Shop Brighten Up, Skin! Animated Llama Face Mask

IMG-0646.jpg

My Thoughts:

Spoiler
I decided to wear this mask during my morning work-from-home (in which I then had to return to the office in the afternoon) while going through some documents. I've had this mask on hand for a couple of months and I figured it would be perfect for the morning time due to the brightening effects. The smell on this is a sweeter version of a generic face mask scent, which was enjoyable for me. I noticed after pulling it out of it's packaging that it had a typical TCS quality which is that it was quite heavily saturated with serum, another win in my book. I love TCS masks due to their "fun factor" and this one definitely did not disappoint by having a cute llama with a flower crown print. This mask gave me a wear time of about 25 minutes. I also had this in the beauty fridge overnight so the cooling sensation from it was quite nice and relaxing, especially for the morning time. The material on this was a thicker "flexible" cotton sheet mask that can slightly stretch to the users face shape. I had high hopes for this one, as is on brand for most TCS masks since they give me quite a nice outcome and I've never had a truly terrible experience with any of them. Of course some work better than others but when I want to "play it safe" TCS is a great brand to reach for which is why I chose this for a morning where I'd have to leave the house. The masking experience felt great, it woke me up a bit due to the cooling sensation and overall felt very comfortable on my skin. However, the results are where my qualms with this mask come into play. After I removed the mask from my face, I noticed quite a bit of tack left behind (which is usually fine/to be expected). However, the issues arose a few hours after I removed the mask. When I headed to the office (sans makeup, I'm a rebel-I know) a few hours after I looked in the mirror and noticed my skin looked a bit red almost as if I stayed out in the sun too long. I did not feel any discomfort during/after but somehow the redness on my skin was quite noticeable after I used this mask. To make matters a bit worse, I was also left looking very oily (4-6+ hours after removal). Not just a little "glowy" but full fledged oil slick which I don't think is a great effect on a brightening mask. Even at the end of the night, I noticed a lot of redness and oiliness. The redness effect could still be seen 24 hours later and the oiliness lasted up until I washed my face. Unfortunately, unlike most TCS masks that I've tried out in the past I did not experience any of the positive effects that were claimed on the mask and instead, experienced some pretty negative ones. This masking experience honestly makes me nervous for morning masks in the future especially when I have something to do later, despite my love for a good morning masking session. This mask simply did not work for me and was disappointingly underwhelming. Unfortunately, despite the cute llama print this one is going to be a huge pass from me, I know I usually talk up TCS masks but this was my first true miss with this brand. I definitely will not be repurchasing

@QueenMarceline, it's fun when the print on the mask reflect the animal or the illustration on the packaging. Sorry to hear this didn't meet your expectation. Hopefully you are able to determine what ingredient in it didn't agree with your skin. 

@itsfi It's a good thing TCS has a huge lineup of all of these amazing animal masks because there will always be another cute animal mask. Unfortunate the adorable little llama had to take the L but hey, it's so darn cute I can't be too mad at it. ๐Ÿคฃ

@QueenMarceline  Darn itโ€™s too bad this was a miss for you. But they all canโ€™t be winners I guess!! 

@ather Ya win some, ya lose some. ๐Ÿคฃ

Oof @QueenMarceline - this sounds like a big โ€˜nope!โ€™ The results you want lasting 24 hours later are most definitely the ones you mentioned. Quite a few of TCS masks used to have denatured alcohol in them; I wonder if this might be one of them. 

I hope your skin is on the mend!

@eshoe Definitely the worst mask I've tried from them that I can remember, sadly. I might look into the ingredients when I get back from my stay-cation to see if I can pinpoint something odd that peaks my interest within the ingredients list. 

Yes, hopefully something stands out so that you can know to avoid it in the future, @QueenMarceline!

21,373 Replies
testing