Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Shosh85 yes!! If you get a chance to try this one, please do!!

@lmaster This sounds like a lovely mask ๐Ÿ™‚ I adore fig-does this mask smell anything remotely like it (artificial or natural)? I find that I enjoy using (most) face mask at night, it gives me the perception that I can really rate the results over a full night of absorption into the skin ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@QueenMarceline no it didn't smell fruity at all, it really didn't smell like much of anything

@lmaster @That sounds really nice! I like when you get continuing results the next day! 

@Kim888 I was thrilled!! ๐Ÿ™Œ

@lmaster, you donโ€™t see fig too often in sheet masks. Iโ€™ve used a couple and based on those results, am making a note of this one. Farm Skin (or maybe itโ€™s Farmskin) has some good sheet masks in its collection and this fig variety sounds nice.

@itsfi I'm going to have to look more into fig masks to see if the results vary, this one was the one to open the door

@lmaster, that would be great to compare. I tried a fig one from Innisfree and it was good. Enough serum that I could have kept it on for close to an hour! You could have a fig party - sheet mask and fig newtons. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi mmmmm that sounds delish ๐Ÿ˜‹

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Grocery and Drugstore Brands ๐Ÿ›’

Letters of the Month: E - I

Freeman Artistic Glow Palette Glacier Water & Pink Peony Gel Cream Mask ๐ŸŽจ

Thanks to the lovely @Shosh85 for reminding me with her Freeman masking post a few days back that I had these on hand and how wonderfully they would fit into the theme for this week.

IMG-0893.jpgIMG-0895.jpg

My Thoughts:

Spoiler
I received this entire artist palette of masking from Freeman as a part of my Secret Santa 2021 gift (which ended up being delayed into early 2022) from a good friend of mine. Admittedly, I have never been aware of the Freeman brand and am generally unfamiliar with any of their products but it seems to be a fairly accessible and popular brand. Truly I think that the packaging of the palette is adorable, I used to do art for the majority of my life and I love skin care so I can definitely see how my friend thought this would be a perfect gift to get for me--kudos to her! The first thing I noticed was that this smelled lovely and genuinely like pink peony, this is one of my favorite scents therefore a really pleasant surprise since mask scents can be very hit/miss for me. The texture of the mask was a light-weight gel cream and very true to the description. When I first saw the little samples of each mask in this "palette" I worried about if the quantity would be enough for a mask but I was pleasantly surprised just how deceiving the packaging looked because there was more than enough product for a full mask. The little extra bonus of this was the little brush that came within the artist palette, it spread out product very well and felt super soft on the skin. I don't usually get much use out of brushes that come with any kind of beauty product but this add-on brush was very solid. Not sure what the recommend wear time was but I wore this mask for 45+ minutes until I washed it off in during my bath. The mask did not full dry down or flake off the skin at all (a giant plus but also due in part to the gel-cream consistency) and even after the longer wear time it definitely retained it's texture and moisture levels well. After rinsing, the next morning my skin felt moisturized, more glow-y and softer to a noticeable degree. I'm not sure what the cost of this product was overall but I think this is a great way to get introduced to some masks from Freeman especially for someone like myself who has never tried this. I was very pleased with the performance of this mask even though it is admittedly nothing out-of-this-worldI am looking forward to trying out the other masks and hope they can measure up to this pink peony one ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline, the glacial water and peony combination sounds lovely. Very sweet of your friend to gift this set to you. The artist palette ๐ŸŽจ with the brush is a great theme. 

@itsfi Thank you, I agree the mask set is so cute within that gift she also gave me some really cool hair scrunchies that I use almost daily and couple of other nice items so I must say she did very well overall. โค๏ธ It really was a good mask, hoping I can come across it sometime in the future so I can purchase it separately. 

@QueenMarceline that's such a cute little set!  Considering how long it takes me to go through a mask, I find sampler sets like that to be really nice.

@CookieGirl1 I thought this one was super cool, love the palette layout of it-very aesthetically pleasing. It's definitely a great way to sample some masks from a brand I have not yet tried ๐Ÿ™‚

I have a few packets of Freeman masks in my stash, @QueenMarceline, and this is a good reminder that I should pull one out and use one soon.

Thank you for that description @QueenMarceline That was a very sweet gift. Ooh mask brushes are a nice treat too, bonus! I hope they all turn out as nicely for you as the peony one ๐ŸŒธ ๐Ÿ’—

@CynthieLu Haha, that's wishful thinking on my part but I hope they're at least solid. The peony gel cream was definitely a big hit for me. 

I hope they work out @QueenMarceline I think I've tried 3 of thier masks,  a charcoal one, an sea blue algae one and a cucumber one, they were very inexpensive and nice for what they were. I'm rooting for you that these will be nice little treats for the skin ๐Ÿคž

@CynthieLu Actually might try another tonight, was thinking I needed a spa day anyways haha!

@QueenMarceline 100% support this. At home Spa days are always good for the soul ๐Ÿ˜‰

@CynthieLu I ended up passing out wayyy too early last night and did not have the energy for a full spa day ๐Ÿ˜ž but hey, I got a nice quick bath in so looks like I'll have to move the spa day festivities to today, haha!

21,373 Replies
testing