cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

ARCHIVE - 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge! - PART 1

Please join us on Part II of this year’s challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-II/m-p/5433327/...

Welcome to a new year of masking adventures! ***The second half of the year thread will be up June 28th (or earlier), thank you for the suggestion @heartsmyface, @Kim888 & @quspork!***  

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗 Below is the 2020 schedule. Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. Looking forward to sharing some new masking 💖 with you all this year!

tenor

This Week’s Theme: Masking Duel - Dare to compare 2 (or more!) masks in one session

Letters of the Week: “Z” and “A”

Spoiler
Jan 1 - Jan 5A & ZMask Stash Clean-Out! Finish those masks before they expire.l8totheparty/ShortErica
Jan 6 - 12B & YMasks that Make you Hungryitsfi
Jan 13 - 19C & XFavourite Mask in your regular routine - What do you buy in bulk, so you always have it on hand in case of masking emergency?itsfi
Jan 20 - 26D & WClean Week - Masks that give your skin a boost without the guilteshoe
Jan 27 - Feb 2E & VTransportation Masking
@lmaster/@ShortErica/@missjeanie
Feb 3 - 9F & U

Best fitting mask - Mask that best fits your facial featuresPrettyPaint
Feb 10 - 16G & TSpecial Occasion Masks - the mask(s) you use to pamper yourselfitsfi
Feb 17 - 23H & SGross Masks - whether it's the scent or results, share the details please!Aaliaa
Feb 24 - Mar 1I & RSnubbed It: Masks you don't want to use & are continually passed overShortErica
Mar 2 - 8J & QFemale Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Day March 8thAaliaa
Mar 9 - 15K & PMasks Good Enough to Eat
heartsmyface
Mar 16 - 22L & OSample that made you buy the FS - You tried it, and decided to buy it!itsfi
Mar 23 - 29M & NFavourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa?? 
Mar 30 - Apr 5N & MMask While You Task
l8totheparty
Apr 6 - 12O & LMost Outrageous Mask ClaimsShortErica
Apr 13 - 19P & KHi-Lo Week: Mix or duel of $$$$ and $ masks 
Apr 20 - 26Q & JSample Dive - I know we have them!Aaliaa
Apr 27 - May 3R & ITargeted Skin Concern - Mask to address a current skin issuePrettyPaint
May 4 -10S & HOvernight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar 
May 11 - 17T & GMask with a PartnerAlphaboo
May 18 - 24U & FVitamins Week - masks that nourish your skin with vitamins and mineralskim888
May 25 - 31V & EBest/Cutest Printed MaskShosh85
Jun 1 - 7W & DMask that best describes your personality or moodPrettyPaint
Jun 8 - 14X & CFruits & Veggies Week - masks that use natural goodness to nourish your skinKeana1
Jun 15 - 21Y & BForgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
missjeannie
Jun 22 - 28Z & AMasking Duel - Dare to compare 2 (or more!) masks in one sessioneshoe
Jun 29 - Jul 5A & ZMasking Pet Peeves - use a mask that has some component that drives you crazy!ShortErica
Jul 6 - 12B & YMasking Hacks - share your masking secrets that make your life easier and your skin happyeshoe
Jul13 - 19C & XLip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that summer skin 
Jul 20 - 26D & W’Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!Aalia
Jul 27 - Aug 2E & VMulti-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day?? 
Aug 3 - 9F & U Blind Pick Your Mask - Let's make it fun to use the masks in our stash!veronika23
Aug 10 - 16G & T
Sheet Mask Focus - from cotton to cupra, coconut gel to bio cellulose, what are your favorites and why?

Aug 17 - 23H & SDrugstore & Grocery Brands Weekeshoe
Aug 24 - 30I & R3-Step Masks/Multi-Step Masks
heartsmyface
Aug 31 - Sep 6J & QRainbow Week - Bring out the colorful masks in every hueSonnydee
Sep 7 - 13K & PAutumn Masks - Fall goodness in a mask 
Sep 14 - 20L & OWhen you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW 
Sep 21 - 27M & N BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members 
Sep 28 - Oct 4N & MSephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness 
Oct 5 - 11O & LMasks that Make you Hungry - Fall/Winter Editionitsfi
Oct 12 - 18P & KForgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask 
Oct 19 - 25Q & JOvernight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar 
Oct 26 - Nov 1R & IMasking Duel Week II 
Nov 2 - 8S & HBuddy Up! Dare to compare the same mask with another BIC-ereshoe
Nov 9 - 15T & GGross/Odd/Unusual Ingredients - Spirulina, donkey milk, bee venom, snail mucous - what masks have you used that have strange ingredients?Aaliaa
Nov 16 - 22U & FFlash Masks - masks that do doubly duty in half the timeeshoe
Nov 23 - 29V & EMorning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step 
Nov 30 - Dec 6W & DMask that would make a good band name (kinda silly, I know)PrettyPaint
Dec 7 - 13X & CHoliday Party Prep Mask 
Dec 14 - 20Y & BMost Artistic Sheet MaskKim888
Dec 21 - 27Z & AFavourite Masks of All-Timeitsfi
Dec 28 - 31123Masks you discovered this year

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler
To Post:
Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

Mask Hacks - Here are a few to get started thanks to our lovely BIC-ers, a big thank you for these fabulous ideas!
Spoiler

Trim off long chin and add to forehead for sheet masks

itsfi

Squeeze tube lip balms (like Bite) into pans and place in magnetic palette

sonnydee

Layer lip sleeping mask (such as Laneige) over regular balm

cianni

Derma plane prior to a peel-off mask to ease the pain of removal

heartsmyface

Warm water helps remove clay masks quicker than cold

cianni

Lay sheet masks flat prior to use so the serum is more evenly distributed 

eshoe 

Remove clay/difficult masks in the shower to keep towel clean and removal easy

itsfi/BIC

Use an HA serum prior to trying a mask with alcohol high on the ingredients list

keana1

Use a Makeup Eraser to remove wash-off masks

lmaster

With a detox mask, apply a thicker layer where pores are

Ather

Use a resurfacing exfoliating spray (such as Kate Somerville’s Liquid ExfoliKate) before a detox mask to better clear out your pores

Miamia27

Re-use a large sample jar for a blank sheet mask pellet and fill it with essence/toner

Itsfi

Use a nail clippers to trip a mask if scissors are not on hand

ShortErica

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:
https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...
2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125 

NEW!!! Got an idea for next year's challenge? Let me know! Was there a challenge you'd rather not repeat? Share below, so we can start building the 2021 schedule:

Spoiler

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Yeah @haleyvvvv, it’s a good reminder for us all. I know I often forget that just because it’s clean doesn’t mean my skin won’t react negatively to it. There are just certain ingredients that my skin will not respond well to. 

I'm about to use this! @haleyvvvv @Nickelliebear1 

I'll be curious to hear your thoughts, @lmaster!

I used it today, I didn't get any irritation @haleyvvvv BUT... My face felt extra dry after removing it @Nickelliebear1 

Yeah, mine was still dry this morning

It's strong! @lmaster 

@haleyvvvv oh I hydrated and nourished the heck out of my skin! Maybe once a week for a month, then bump it up 🤷

Morning update

Spoiler
I may have freaked out a little last night because this morning there are no splotches! But I did highly moisturize, so maybe I stopped any potential harm? My face is very smooth and definitely some acne cleared up, but I think this is maybe a product I'd try to work up to rather than the jump back in exfoliator.

@haleyvvvv  Happy to hear the redness went away! It's always surprising to me when there isn't any burning or tingling and your face still ends up with redness. I'm glad it wasn't uncomfortable!

It was such an unpleasant surprise, @Shosh85! Thank you, I am also glad it went away 🙂

@haleyvvvv oh no! sorry that didn't work out for you! those kinds of masks can defiantly be a bit intense if you have sensitive skin!

@Kim888 it's much different this morning! I think I was able to keep any potential reactions away by heavily moisturizing and my skin feels really soft and smooth. I do love the Blue Tansy one, which is much gentler, and I haven't exfoliated in weeks so I think it was maybe too much too soon plus maybe a little freakout because I was worried about potentially damaging the moisture barrier again. I usually don't have such sensitive skin, but maybe its changed since moving?

RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Been slow on the drawn getting back into the thread. Had surgery, meetings and general life getting in the way. But I thought I’d share that I finally found a night routine that works for the on is free Beginning & Pore-caring Sleeping Mask. It’s an extra moisturizing vitamin C routine. Use the TM toner and the mix two scoops of the Neogen powdered vitamin C with the TM emulsion and 4 drops of The Ordinary Resveratrol 3% Ferulic Acid 3%. My go to Lancome eye cream (for all routines day and night) and then slather in the innisfree Sleeping Mask. My skin has stayed clear and hydrated so far this winter. This products seem to work well together.

Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@Weetart Oh no, I hope you are starting to feel better after surgery and that life has calmed down for you. It’s good to see you back again!

Also, yay for the Neogen!!!

Yay @Weetart! It’s so great to find a routine that works so well for your skin! 💖

Nice to see you back! @Weetart 

@Weetart  Definitely sounds like a great routine! So happy it's helping your skin! 🙌

Hope you're recovering from your surgery, @Weetart!! This innisfree mask looks interesting  and that's amazing that you found a good routine that worked for you!

Another It’s Skin for the win? Let’s see!Trader Joe’s, It’s Skin & ID.AZTrader Joe’s, It’s Skin & ID.AZ

Spoiler

@eshoe the pink theme is so pretty.

Thank you @nuinui933 🙂

This is the other It's Skin mask that I picked up @eshoe.  Good to know that I need to lower my expectations just a bit and not assume it's going to be as amazing as the last one.  

13,925 Replies
testing