Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a 💰mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

It definitely got my attention @eshoe 😖

@sonnydee sticky foot masks... Doesn't sound super appealing

The bottom of my pjs stuck to them, the carpet, of course the blankets 😖 I think if the performance was there, I would make it work. Wear socks or something but nope. Felt like i did nothin.😕@lmaster and this was after I used the raspberry foot pedi pebble the other day. 

@sonnydee  I still haven't gotten around to trying all those BioBelle masks out yet, so I'm happy to hear this was a winner!

Too about the foot mask! I'm pretty the almond one has been my favorite so far too, but I think that also has a lot to do with the scent being too strong in the others. 😉

Ive tried the lavender, im ok with the scent but I think it was just meh on the performance. Have the clean coconut one but yet to use. 🤔But yeah, @Shosh85 its pretty much like I did nothing to my feet today. So no repurchase of cactus. There's better out there. & multiple (@tj or m) for the price.

Bummer about the foot mask @sonnydee. Hope your feet feel silky vs sticky in the morning. I have a foot mask set aside for this week to use 🙂

I have the other clean version-coconut. So hopefully that will be better & it'll be another situation like before. I like one, not so much the other @ShortErica 

PSA: I saw that the older version of the Sephora Collection sleeping mask (the ones that come in pods) online this morning. They're marked down to $2, presumably to clear out stock with the intro of the new clean skincare collection. 

sephora collection masks.PNG

Also noticed that there are two new sampler mask sets out for the holidays. These make great gifts for others ... or yourself! 😉 There's a good variety in there and I also like that I can customize from the products in the set a few gifts or stocking stuffers that are tailored to the skin type / needs of the gift recipient.

SEPHORA COLLECTION Sleeping Mask Avocado 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Sleeping Mask Pearl 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Sleeping Mask Algae 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Sleeping Mask Orchid 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Sleeping Mask Pomegranate

#sephora collection holy sheet enchanted jungle (not sure why it's not popping up in the tags.)

SEPHORA COLLECTION Holy Sheet Mask & Self Care Set 

@itsfi  So fun! I love when all the sets start coming out! Thanks for posting! 😃

Agree @Shosh85! 👊🏼 I love seeing all the sets too! 😍 My wallet, on the other hand, cringes. 💸💸😬😆 

Screenshot_20201001-002333.png

N for night new to me

Fresh peony brightening night treatment mask, it's expensive & massive but not on Sephora's site. 

Laneige grapefruit lip mask

Fit?cream mask

Smell? I'm beginning to think alot of fresh products have that cucumber smell to them.-except for the rose line of course. It's tolerable but I can see myself getting sick of it. 

Consistency?creamy, thin, white but it will blend in nicely to your skin. 

Ease of use?spreads easily, but turns greasy feeling & makes me look greasy. Maybe that's their brightening they promise.🤷 it's not sticky, which is good but I scratched my face & came up with gunk under my nails. 😐(This is hour 3)you don't have to wash off remainder because the site says every thing will be soaked in. 

Would I  purchase/try again? Depends on how I wake up tomorrow😁 if I would try this again. But the smell would most likely keep me from buying this. And the tub is huge. Drier skin would appreciate this more. 

Lip mask:

I like the different flavors they have, I found I personally have to use a good amount for it to soften my lips. This smells good so it may be a fs purchase. Nothing like my OG bite but that's been discontinued. I like to also use these during the day. 

0930202210.jpg

@sonnydee, I have not tried that Fresh mask ... yet. 😆 I think the scent may keep me from that (and because I’d want to try a sample first). Fresh’s signature cucumber scent isn’t bad, but it’s something I need to be in the mood for.

When you are hungry for a salad @itsfi 😁 I totally get that - use a sample first. I try to use a foil over a ds anyday!🤗

😂 @sonnydee, that made me laugh. I will be sure to smell my salad during lunch today. 🥗 😝 

It's so disappointing when masks only come in size XL, @sonnydee. It would be so cool if Sephora had a 'mask bar' where you could build your own DS kit of like three, five, or seven masks. So many of the Fresh masks intrigue me, but the size and cost are prohibitive. 

Or fresh could just do a holiday mini collection set of just their masks.  Im sure it would sell & you would get a good feel for their masks. But the cucumber smell would get to me🤢 @eshoe 

I'm not much for cucumber scent either @sonnydee 

I wouldve been ok with even floral @lmaster just to mix it up😕

I forget if I've asked which if your favorite flavor @sonnydee. I still have to try the grapefruit mini I have.

Yea, you have but it's ok. I understand 'mom brain'😘😂  i think its still apple lime. @ShortErica 

"Mom brain" is such a thing! Thanks for the reminder @sonnydee. That's another one that's still on deck for me. In good news, I successfully finished my vanilla mini this week!

14 Replies
testing