Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

That aloe & honey! They make eye gels in the same formula too @quspork thanks @@itsfi

That's good to know about the eye gels, @sonnydee!

@quspork  I loved the Merbliss Nurse Healing mask, so I'm happy to hear the Aloe & Honey is getting such great reviews! Aloe and Honey definitely seem like a great combo! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Glad you enjoyed the Purlisse mask! I think it might be my most favorite watermelon mask! ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ˜‹

Yes, it's hard to go wrong with a good aloe and honey combo, @Shosh85!

I tried to find the original post for this, we need to be conscious of the environment when using single use sheet mask. The excessive packaging which would be the aluminum that holds the mask the plastic sheet that holds the mask together. Thatโ€™s a lot of trash in the trashcan. If you want to The more proper way and being environmentally conscious is to use mask in tubes etc. 

@BeccahGrace  What are your favorite environmentally friendly (or friendlier) masks? 

One problem with sheet mask sleeves/pouches here in the US is that our recycling programs lag far behind some other countries' programs. They're usually not recyclable here via local municipal programs, but they are in Korea and Japan, for instance. Do you use TerraCycle? I take advantage of their free mail-in and drop-off programs at various locations in my city, but I'm thinking of finally buying one of their zero waste boxes. I have a question out to TerraCycle about sheet mask sleeves/pouches. If they accept those, I might buy a zero waste pouch instead; it's small, but it'll let me try the zero waste program before committing to the more expensive (and much larger) box. 

For those of us who love sheet masks, there are also multi-sheet packs. These don't eliminate mask packaging, but they reduce it quite a bit. My favorite brand for this is (unsurprisingly ๐Ÿคฃ) LuLuLun, but they're not the only brand who makes sheet packs. 

Also, some wash-off mask containers aren't as readily recyclable as you might think. That's something else to keep in mind. 

I think many folks try to be environmentally conscious about skincare, while also ensuring the products we use are housed in packaging that protects ingredients from deterioration. 

@BeccahGrace thank you for sharing your thoughts, it is definitely something to keep in mind!

N is for Nourishing and NRK (Naruko)

C81EF295-E9B6-4D0A-BA33-FBC6D021C8CF.jpeg

Spoiler

LAPCOS Honey Nourishing Mask

This cotton sheet mask was soaking in a gel type of serum and felt very slimy to touch โ€“ in fact, that made it just a little challenging to unfold. It was a pretty good fit โ€“ just a little too long at the forehead and quite a bit of slack to tuck under the chin. It had a very light and refreshing smell of honey and was just very soothing and comfortable to have on. I kept it for a about 20 minutes and when I removed it my face felt very refreshed/energized and even had a nice glow! After the serum fully absorbed, my skin felt soft and smooth and the hydration from this lasted for quite sometime.
I'm not a big fan of the fragrance being so high and sodium hyaluronate being so low, but it still turned out great, and I'll definitely repurchase when I'm out! 
E4C56912-78B6-4F58-AA83-FFC5C7A511C1.jpeg

8CF3DDCE-DCF3-4D11-B755-A558C178E22A.jpeg

Spoiler

Naruko HA Hydro-Lock Moisturizing Mask

This super thin cotton sheet mask was drenched with plenty of serum and had a very light, clean & fresh sort of scent. The fit was ok - a little too long at the chin and a tiny bit too wide at the temples. The adherence was good and it was comfortable to wear the 25 minutes I had it on. There was only some very light tackiness after removing the mask that only lasted about 5 minutes. My face felt refreshed but that seemed to be about it. I didn't notice any hydration or moisture and my skin actually felt a smidge dry.

This isn't one that is repurchase. I have liked a lot of what I've tried from the brand, but this one just didn't really do anything.

28D259B5-1651-472C-8AD4-1B595BA1A24E.jpeg

I was just looking at the mask schedule and that one would be a good pick for Most Artistic Sheet mask. Doesn't sound like you'd want to do it again though @Shosh85. Maybe a different one from that brand would work. Do they have similar style packages?

@ShortErica  Yup, if I had thought about it, I probably would've saved this one for Artistic week! They definitely have some fun artwork on these! 

Well that's a bummer for the beautiful packaging!! @Shosh85 

@lmaster  Yeah, I guess you can't always judge a book by its cover! I feel like I get the same results from just splashing water on my face! ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Shosh85 I didn't know that Honey sheet masks exist. Sounds like a super treat.

@rosegoldlovely  Honey is one of my most favorite ingredients in skin care! If you haven't heard of a honey mask, then I'm guessing you haven't heard of all the other "fun" ones, like snail secretion filtrate, deer antler velvet, salmon egg extract, birds nest extract and horse fat, just to name a few. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@Shosh85@rosegoldlovely Mine too!  I love skincare with honey, especially masks! 

@tjffc  I know you're not supposed to like fragrance in skincare, but I love when smells like honey too! ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ˜‹

@Shosh85 Oh wow! That sounds AMAZE-BALLS. Where to buy those types?

tenor (1).gif

@rosegoldlovely  All over, really. There are SO many sites to order these from. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I usually just google the kind of mask I'm looking for, but some  popular sites are Masksheets(dot)com, Facetory(dot)com, yesstyle(dot)com and TheRoseRoseShop(dot)com. I also think TJ Maxx and Marshall's have some of the best deals and I have bought a ton from them.

I should also mention, a mask can have honey in the ingredients, but not necessarily be called a honey mask - you really just need to look at the ingredients. For example, The Creme Shop Collagen mask not only has collagen, but also has squalane, salmon egg extract, caviar extract and snail secretion filtrate. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Right now my favorite snail mask is the Galantry Step by Step Moisturizing Mask. I haven't tried too many masks with salmon egg extract, but I really enjoyed the Foreverskin Salmon Whitening Mask.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 Well thatโ€™s a bummer about the NRK mask. I've wanted to try it for a long time and honestly, I think I was drawn more to the sleeve design than the ingredients. I'm glad the Lapcos mask worked much better for you! 

@WinglessOne  Yeah, I get drawn in to the sleeve/artwork all the time! There's a few others (see a couple posts below) that have fun/pretty artwork as well, and it definitely sucked me in!

@Shosh85  Both look great.

testing