Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Stuffed animal pillows @PrettyPaint??! The kids must looove that! โ™ฅ๏ธ 

@itsfi  I gotta say, your niece seems to have one amazing stuffed animal collection! Haha! I love how you paired it perfectly with the mask! I've tried a couple masks from this line and I feel the same as you, they're fun, but not must-haves. 

@Shosh85, where to even begin with the stuffed animals she has amassed. ๐Ÿ˜† When she was younger, we laid out all her stuffed animals on the couch around her and  that meant there was nowhere for any of us to sit!! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ It wasnโ€™t a small couch either! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Whenever my SIL and I would go out of town for work, weโ€™d bring her back a stuffed animal from wherever we went. Needless to say that after seeing how many she had, she started looking for different souvenirs to bring back to her! ๐Ÿ˜ 

I have to admit it does have that cute factor going for it ๐Ÿ˜Š @itsfi 

@lmaster, I think this line does a pretty good job with the graphics; at least with the few masks I've used from the collection. This moose looks more like a moose when it's laid out here than when I have it on my face - with the latter, I looked more like a bear with slightly visible antlers. ๐Ÿ˜€ The illustration on the packaging caught the eye of my niece, who graciously let me include her room and moose in the photo op. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@itsfi @Can this one's super cute!  Does it have any fun ingredients like antler velvet cause it should;). 
I feel like these animal face masks are good beginner masks for people.  Itโ€™s easier for me to convince people to be silly with an animal mask party than it is to convince them to do a plain mask.  

@heartsmyface, I didn't see anything in the inci list that might raise an eyebrow, though there are some ingredients that are new to me. I do agree, antler velvet would be fitting here, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The list I found on amazon  matches the list on the back of this packet. These Animalz masks would be good masks to use to introduce sheet masks to folks. I do try to include at least one "fun" mask in packs that I've given to people when it comes to trying sheet masks.

Ingredients (from amazon (dot) com):

Water/Aqua, Glycerin, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Honey Extract, Methylpropanediol, Pullulan, Cellulose gum, Adansonia Digitata Seed Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, PolySorbate 80, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance/Perfume, Sodium Hyaluronate, Disodium EDTA

6D8CC5D9-96E8-4310-9A8F-81ACD0BB4BEA.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Aw darn it, Iโ€™m still in L mode.  Oh well.  This mask was super hydrating.  The first part was two flower point masks.  The serum was slimy and wonderful with a strong floral scent.  It claims to be whitening and wrinkle reducing with ginger ginseng, honey, wine, motherwart extract? And saffron juice. 
The second part is a night mask that needs to be rinsed off in the morning.  It has no discernable scent.  My skin feels sticky (probably the honey?) but definitely doesnโ€™t feel like it will be worn off by morning.  Weโ€™ll see.  

77D8FC19-8D43-4ACA-942E-E22582217430.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@heartsmyface  Awe, the flowers are so pretty! These kinds of masks are always fun to use! ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ

The sleeping mask looks so thick! Was it easy to spread around? Looks like a great winter time/cold weather mask!

@Shosh85 @Yeah.  It was near the same consistency as Belif Aqua Bomb except maybe more oily?  

Wow that looks thick @heartsmyface did you say that was in the sheet mask, as a two step?

@lmaster  Sorry for any confusion.  Itโ€™s a two step mask.  The photos posted in the wrong order.   The flower point mask was step one.   The cream gel in my hand is the second step which is the overnight face mask which you apply after removing the flowers.  

That sounds amazing!! And wow they include a good amount of product @heartsmyface 

So pretty @heartsmyface! The flowers masks are pretty too! Maybe mugwort extract? That's one that's been a traditionally popular Korean skincare ingredient that is coming back around in popularity again. My skin likes it. How were the results from this mask? 

@itsfi   Thรฉ mugwort is probably it! It just got lost in translation.  The mugwort also puts me in this weeks M theme and explains why my skin felt so soothed.  Itโ€™s been a little sensitive since I started using the Tria laser again.  
My skin still felt sticky when I woke up.  There was a thick slimy film I washed off this morning but my skin feels amazing!  Itโ€™s so evenly hydrated and I havenโ€™t even done my morning skincare yet.  they need to put that night cream in a jar and sell it!  I highly highly recommend this to anyone with dry skin who doesnโ€™t mind a little stickiness.  A+++

@heartsmyface, going to look for this one for the wintertime. Will look to see whether you can buy just the sleeping mask. The hydration you got from it sounds absolutely fantastic!! โ™ฅ๏ธ

0920202118.jpg

โ€ƒI didnt necessarily want to go glam tonight. I wanted more of a feel-good mask. And the promise of warming sensation won me over. It does promise a glow though!

And this is also my first impression, ๐Ÿ™€ shocking I know!  The thickness scared my oily skin. 

Fit? Its a thick, gooey goodness. Spreads ok enough using your hand but a spatula would help (ive read that it does come with one )

Smell? Maybe honey? If its there its faint

Consistency?thick, comes out of the jar looking like opaque honey but rubbing it in turns white 

Ease of use?no issues

Would I  purchase/try again? It does deliver on the promises:

What Else You Need to Know: This honey face mask warms up when applied, providing a luxurious sensation. It also rinses off easily, leaving your skin feeling soft and supple. Known for its soothing and humectant properties, Farmacyโ€˜s special antioxidant-rich honey supplies nourishing hydration while glycerin attracts moisture.

I do have more foils to try out, might pick up a small jar. I think this is a good cooler weather mask. Today was cool & misting the entire day so it was a good one to use & warm up to๐Ÿค—

Yes, this is such a great mask, @sonnydee!! It is so great for cooler weather. So glad you enjoyed!!

A success story of shopping your stash! @haleyvvvv ๐Ÿฏ

@sonnydee   I LOVE the warming effect on this one - so cozy! Definitely a perfect mask for cold weather! Glad to hear it worked out well for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿฏ

I know I have more foils, hoping I have a ds but either way, going to use it when the weather gets colder @Shosh85 

testing