Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Very true!! @heartsmyface hopefully they will come out with some cute holiday versions this year too

@lmaster  The packaging on these are all so cute! Not that I'm ready for Christmas or anything, but this one definitely gets me in the Christmas-y mood! ๐ŸŽ„Glad to hear you at least got some decent results! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I think starting Christmas early would be beneficial to me,,, the last minute shopper over here ๐Ÿ˜† @Shosh85 

The packaging on this one makes me smile @lmaster. Too bad it wasnโ€™t more moisturizing; that would be great for the holidays.

It was just ok @itsfi but the packaging does make me happy ๐Ÿ˜Š

Oh, the packaging is so cute!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ @lmaster 

It is so cute! Holiday spirit full speed ahead @PrettyPaint 

So the Tarte mask is called-  Tight & Bright Clay Multi-Mask. The clay side is quite drying, has some larger granules in it, and zero scent. My face looks great this morning, like so great I might consider the full size! Detoxifying & purifying exfoliating mask: Perfect for the oily T-zone, this shine control mask helps tighten pores & detox your skin from the dayโ€™s pollutants. Amazonian clay works as a natural purifier to treat blemishes & blackheads, as gentle micro-exfoliants polish away dead skin cells to treat flakes & uneven skin tone without over drying.

1082-tight--bright-clay-multi-mask--AC-main-img_MAIN

So great its working, @Samtian!! I think I have a sample of this around somewhere. Have you tried the Origins Original Skinโ„ข Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay 2.5 oz/ 75 mL ? If you have, how would they compare?

@Samtian  So happy you're seeing some nice results!
If I remember correctly, this is designed to be used as a multi-mask. (Obviously, you can use it any way you wish ๐Ÿ˜‰) But I think they suggest using the clay mask on oily areas or on areas where you need some pore help. The gold gel is for the areas that are drier and in need of hydration.
For instance, when I used it, I put the clay on areas I'm more prone to acne- my t-zone, nose and chin. Then I put the gold gel on my cheeks, since they tend to get drier than the rest of my face. The second time I used it, I did a full face of the clay and then followed it with a full face of the gel. I don't really remember what the results were like, but it is a fun one!

@Shosh85 Yep that is correct! I'll have to try one after the other when I get to the end of the clay side. I'm not doing both at the same time because the only area I'd have left open is the hollows of my cheeks lol. Here's one of the photos they use-

1082-tight-&-bright-clay-multi-mask--AC-model_ALT.jpg

@Samtian  Yup, this is pretty much what I did! Your skin type can definitely change the way you use this one - my face has always been super dry, so clay masks usually end up getting used as spot treatments anyway. With your skin type, I can see how you'd use up more of the clay than the gel. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Samtian, yes, this is the one I thought you were using. Itโ€™s too bad the clay mask is so drying. The jar is so pretty. ๐Ÿ˜ I would be motivated to use up the mask just to repurpose that container! ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi Haha so would I. I don't mind drying stuff, that's my favorite liquid lipstick lol, plus it works. 

I'll have to check this one out @Samtian. I'm so intrigued by the two sides - I haven't seen a mask packaged like that! 

@PrettyPaint Me either, it's really cool looking.

Same @Samtian I've never even seen this one before!

Interesting @Samtian. That sounds like an awesome mask! I honestly didnโ€™t even notice this one being released. Thanks for posting the review !

@Weetart  @lmaster Looks like this was released in 2017.

Sounds like this one worked out really well for you, @Samtian!

@quspork It did. We'll see how the gel side does later.

14 Replies
testing