Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Awww, youโ€™re so sweet @ather; thank you for always being so kind! ๐Ÿค— Oh my goodness, yes, this whole mask wearing has caused a lot of skin irritation. ๐Ÿ˜” But I tell myself itโ€™s a small price to pay. Safety first. Do you think the steam eye masks would stay on if you used them while lying down but didnโ€™t use the ear loops? 

How interesting? Did your husband say why he didnโ€™t want to try them? Is it because of how they look? I saw they made a man version ๐Ÿ™„ Iโ€™m sure itโ€™s just the pattern on them thatโ€™s different. I donโ€™t know that for a fact though. Note to self - โ€œSelf, pick up the โ€œman versionโ€ after your no buy to test out.โ€ Itโ€™s for research. 

@itsfi  I tried them while laying down without the loops on and it didnโ€™t give the best feeling. Better when the loops are on. I should try one tomorrow night. I donโ€™t leave my house much on my days off so my ears may feel better. Iโ€™ve ordered new masks as well. They are suppose to feel way better so that may fix my problem too. I agree Iโ€™d much rather wear a mask and protect myself and others then not wear one at all. Some places in my province are making masks mandatory which I totally agree with. I just wish they didnโ€™t irritate my ears so much. I have a few that go over my head but they fall down or push on my nose a lot and hurt. So I stuck to the ear ones!!! 

He didnโ€™t say why. Iโ€™ll ask him again next time I use them. Iโ€™ll keep my eyes on the lookout for the man version too. I actually saw that they have a chamomile version. I need to test it. I really enjoy chamomile tea. Maybe Iโ€™ll have a masking night theme!! 

@ather, I canโ€™t imagine wearing the masks for as long as you and your coworkers do. Thank you! Youโ€™ve probably tried it but do the headbands with the buttons help a little with the ear irritation? Yeah, Iโ€™ve been figuring out when and which different types of fabric on masks work better for me. A learning curve. 

@itsfi  Yea the headbands help but they slide down my hair too. Itโ€™s to soft I guess. Oh well. Iโ€™m sure the elastic on my new ones will help! I think itโ€™s more the texture of the ones I have. My husband says his is really comfortable but he only wears it into places not all day. Iโ€™ve actually used his and itโ€™s super comfortable lol oh well! 

@ather, I really hope your new masks are more comfortable. 

This looks like a really great calming masking session, @itsfi! That Dewytree was in my cart for a recent purchase before it went out of stock, so I'll have to keep an eye out for when it comes back. 

@quspork, these are good to have on hand. I just saw that theyโ€™re back in stock at masksheets (dot) com. ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ  

Another creative work of art @itsfi so calming sounds perfect right about now

Thank you @lmaster! ๐Ÿค— Iโ€™ve been reaching for masks that are soothing and calming these days. Weโ€™ve been in a heat wave so I havenโ€™t been burning any candles. Itโ€™ll hopefully cool down tomorrow so I can bring them back out; itโ€™s calming and therapeutic having the house smell nice; or at least the area around my work desk. 

๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ { no words๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜} @itsfi 

@sonnydee, no need for words; we have emojiiโ€™s. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿฅฐ Thank you so much for gifting me these Dewytree masks - such a beautiful line of sheet masks. ๐Ÿ˜ This one paired so nicely with the other lavender items I had. A good and welcome way to put me at ease. 

@itsfi The lavendar mask has gorgeous packaging.   I love lavender as well

@tjffc, yes!! Even the packaging provides a certain amount of calm. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi  Looks and sounds like a the perfect pre-bedtime masking session!

Love those steam eye masks! They are great for headaches!  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, it was a nice way to unwind and relax a bit before getting to bed. Love these steam eye masks; they're phenomenal! ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  those steam masks are superheroโ€™s for sure! I canโ€™t thank you enough for introducing me. So wonderful during allergy season and during those chilly nights! 

I just gave a box of the steam eye masks to one of my colleagues @missjeanie. Gotta spread the love!! ๐Ÿ’–

More S and H from this week:

S for G9 Skin Strawberry Milk Bomb Mask

IMG_20200821_144033.jpg

Annnnnnnnnd

quspork_0-1598038839906.gif

I wanted to like this. It's got the slightly thicker woven cotton sheet that I love because it's so soft against the skin. There was plenty of serum soaking the sheet. But. That scent! Oof. I don't know that I can even place it. Maybe there was a hint of chemical strawberry but overall it was just overpowering and unpleasant. I ended up only having the sheet on for about 5 minutes because of that, so no real results to speak of. I'll stick with Apieu for fruity milk masks in the future. 

And for H the Biobelle #HappyHour mask  

IMG_20200821_144131.jpg

This is one of the older versions of Biobelle which I think a lot of us have expressed a preference for over the newer versions. The sheet is comfortable with plenty of serum, a good fit, and has great adherence. I had this one on for quite a while since it was so well saturated. Removal left just a bit of tack and had my skin feeling hydrated and plump. I think this is my last one of the Happy Hour version and only one of a couple of the older versions left in my stash, so that makes me sad. The newer ones are ok, but not nearly as nice as these were. 

@quspork sorry to hear about the scent! I wish I could of tried an older version ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

@quspork I almost tried that g9 but went with another now, I'm kinda scared๐Ÿ˜• but I will miss happy hour mask!

Maybe the G9 scent will be less noticeable for you, @sonnydee - I hope you like it more than I did!

1 Reply
testing