Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Happy fall, and welcome to the second half of the year! 🍂🍁🌾 10 weeks left in 2020, looking forward to finishing strong and starting fresh ☺️

77EEC534-A8D1-4CB3-AF81-C80525AC61EC.gif

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗 Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Week’s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a 🏺 jar🌟

Letters of the Week:  Q & J

Spoiler

Jun 29 - Jul 5

A & Z

Masking Pet Peeves - use a mask that has some component that drives you crazy!

@ShortErica

Jul 6 - 12

B & Y

Masking Hacks - share your masking secrets that make your life easier and your skin happy

@eshoe

Jul13 - 19

C & X

Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that summer skin

Jul 20 - 26

D & W

’Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

@aalia

Jul 27 - Aug 2

E & V

Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Aug 3 - 9

F & U

Blind Pick Your Mask - Let's make it fun to use the masks in our stash!

@veronika23

Aug 10 - 16

G & T

Sheet Mask Focus - from cotton to cupra, coconut gel to bio cellulose, what are your favorites and why?

Aug 17 - 23

H & S

Drugstore & Grocery Brands Week

@eshoe

Aug 24 - 30

I & R

3-Step Masks/Multi-Step Masks

@heartsmyface

Aug 31 - Sep 6

J & Q

Rainbow Week - Bring out the colorful masks in every hue

@sonnydee

Sep 7 - 13

K & P

Autumn Masks - Fall goodness in a mask

Sep 14 - 20

L & O

When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Sep 21 - 27

M & N

BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Sep 28 - Oct 4

N & M

Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Oct 5 - 11

O & L

Masks that Make you Hungry - Fall/Winter Edition

@itsfi

Oct 12 - 18

P & K

Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Oct 19 - 25

Q & J

Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Oct 26 - Nov 1

R & I 

Masking Duel Week II

@eshoe

Nov 2 - 8

S & H

Buddy Up! Dare to compare the same mask with another BIC-er

@eshoe

Nov 9 - 15

T & G

Gross/Odd/Unusual Ingredients - Spirulina, donkey milk, bee venom, snail mucous - what masks have you used that have strange ingredients?

@Aaliaa

Nov 16 - 22

U & F

Flash Masks - masks that do doubly duty in half the time

@eshoe

Nov 23 - 29

V & E

Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Nov 30 - Dec 6

W & D

Mask that would make a good band name (kinda silly, I know)

@PrettyPaint

Dec 7 - 13

X & C

Holiday Party Prep Mask

Dec 14 - 20

Y & B

Most Artistic Sheet Mask

@Kim888

Dec 21 - 27

Z & A

Favourite Masks of All-Time

@itsfi

Dec 28 - 31

Masks you discovered this year

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge Part 1:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125 

***New schedule will be up in November so planning can begin for the new year*** 

9044EF0A-45AB-45D7-B451-62D8BA6D058F.gif

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@heartsmyface this sounds like a great combo! Hope you start feeling better!

@heartsmyface  Mmmm, I love grape scented masks! This one sounds great! It's too bad you won't be able to pick some more up for awhile, but I guess shopping your stash isn't such a bad thing - something I need to work on too! 😉

@Shosh85   I’ve been saying I need to shop my stash for years so this is a good thing.  I don’t like that it’s being forced but hey, maybe we can get the mask hoarding under control and perhaps halved by Christmas?  🤞😁

@heartsmyface, making a note to look for this mask after I get through some more masks and when the local boutiques reopen. Does your GR watermelon balm / scrub have a lot of scrubby granules in it? Mine seems more like a balm because it doesn't have much of the granules for any exfoliation.

Good to see you hearts! Hope you and the fam are doing well. Miss you! 🤗

@itsfi   It’s slightly gritty upon application but not to the point I feel any heavy exfoliation.  It hasn’t replaced sugar scrubs or anything.  I think I might actually prefer it if they omitted the granules.  

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

G for Gold, \"white Gold\" This stuff is sooooo thick! but does surprisingly soak in well & fast. I did have to bump the bottle on the countertop to get the thickness to drop. 😜 Theres enough in the packet for a good 2-3 masks, so i wanted to move the rest to a bottle to refrigerate. Leaving it on overnight so will update tomorrow. Next Morning Update: you do rinse it off in the morning, which i did with ease. Fit? its a thick cream Smell? its really nice! its familiar but cant place it? maybe sheet mask scent in cream form🤔 Consistency? soaks in good, without tack. You won't stick to your pillow or blankets WHICH is a huge plus for me! Ease of use? ok, no issues Would I  purchase/try again? it delivered on its promises. Yesterday was hot! and my face is feels restored & nourished. Happy to have more🤗

Yes!! I'm in love with this mask @sonnydee 

It was a good performing mask @lmaster it just sounds gross!😬

@sonnydee   As much as I dislike the wording ‘donkey milk’ I have had nothing but good experiences with Products containing donkey milk.  I need to put this one on ‘the list’. 

It just sounds so  gross! I kept passing up on it...maybe next time....but im glad now, i gave it a try @heartsmyface ah! "the list" ...ever growing & multiplying 😜

Ohh, I love the Soo'Ae Donkey Milk Sheet Masks so I'm very excited to see how the sleeping mask version works out for you, @sonnydee!

It performed really well. I think i have the sheet masks too @quspork I bet they are especially perfect for wintertime

@sonnydee  I've only heard positive reviews on this one! It definitely sounds like something my dry skin would like! Happy to hear you enjoyed it and it's great there's more for you to enjoy later! 👍😃

I think your dry skin would love this one for any season @Shosh85 but yet ok enough for me to use with my oily skin as well. 🤗

This one sounds good @sonnydee! Love that there's enough in the packet for more masking. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on how it performed overnight.

Updated the post with my overnight thoughts @itsfi. happy to have used it. It was hanging out in my stash for far too long

@sonnydee, I’m sure I have a “few” masks that have been “hanging out in my stash for far too long” as well. But, you know, just a few. 😂 

What?! Us?! No. 😉😁 @itsfi 

tenor (23).gif

🤣🤣🤣 @sonnydee 

😂🤣😂🤣 @sonnydee 

blind pick

1596851506788~2.jpg

Spoiler
This is one of my favorites thanks to @ShortErica thin white sheet, clear serum, scent is fresh fit could be a little better in the eye area.
Here's some info from the Leaders dot com site Screenshot_20200807-233845.png

Screenshot_20200807-233621.png

 i love how my skin feels so hydrated and nourished after using this mask. There will always be one in my stash

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos844
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg