Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

It is the best @PrettyPaint ! 

G is for German brand, gold and gifted
T is for two-piece and trifecta, as this mask fits into all three of this week's challenge themes 
Sheet Mask Focus: Foil mask
Balea.jpeg
This is the first time I've used a mask from the German cosmetics brand Balea and it is all thanks to the marvelous @heartsmyface (Thank you, hon!๐Ÿ’–

Spoiler
Material & Fit:
Balea Firming Gold Foil Face Mask is a two-piece mask, with a gold foil exterior and an interior portion I'm assuming is made of black cotton. A part of me wonders if the interior portion might be bamboo charcoal, but I suspect there would be some information to that effect on the packaging if that was the case. In any event, this is a wonderfully fitting mask; it was a near perfect fit for my face shape, size and features. The material for the nose was on the long side for me, but that's hardly a deal breaker and the only adjustments I needed to make, slight ones at that, were to the parts of the mask at inner lower corner of the eyes as it was sitting too close to my tear ducts.

Adherence & Scent:
The mask adheres beautifully - clings to the skin and no slippage or portions lifting up during the recommended 20 minutes I had it on. It smelled lovely as well, though I don't know whether the light, fresh, slightly floral, even more slightly fruity scent is partially from the chamomile extract in the mask, the added perfume or both. In any event, it smelled very nice, so much so that I found myself going back to the packet to take in the scent during and after I removed the mask.

Results:
20 minutes with this mask was a good amount of time for me, though I think I may have been able to eek out another 5, possibly 10 minutes more. There's some, not a lot, of essence that is left atop my face after removing the mask and once absorbed, there's a slightly tacky-to-the-touch feeling that completely dissipated after another 10 minutes or so. Surprisingly, the area under my eyes and near my cheeks did feel more firm and bouncy. Even though the mask claims to have a firming effect, I was not at all expecting that. Another plus for this mask. Additionally, my skin looked and felt refreshed and hydrated, thanks in part to the aloe, brown algae and glycerin in the mask. The results from this mask were really nice and this is one I'd happily use again and one I'd purchase if it were more widely accessible. I found a site that carries the brand and will probably do some research on it after I make my way through my bin of masks. Thanks again hearts๐Ÿค—

Ingredients:
Spoiler
AQUA, GLYCERIN, BETAINE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, TREHALOSE, TOCOPHEROL, HYALURONIC AICD, HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN, ASCOPHYLLUM NOSDOSUM EXTRACT, OLEA EUROPAEA FRUIT OIL, ANTHEMIS NOBILIS FLOWER EXTRACT, PHENOXYETHANOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PARFUM, HEXYL CINNAMAL, LINALOOL

Ohh I'm loving these ingredients @itsfi 

Yes @lmaster! I was happy when I took a look through the list and when I did some research on some of the ingredients I wasnโ€™t familiar with. Lots of skincare goodies in this one. ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi  Oh i still havenโ€™t tried that one!   I kinda fell off the masking wagon recently and need to find a new time slot for masks. My masking session time allotment has been taken over by yoga sessions cause Iโ€™ve been such a ball of stress lately.  Yogaโ€™s been helping A LOT!  

Oh @heartsmyface, Iโ€™m so sorry you are stressed. ๐Ÿ˜ž Iโ€™m glad youโ€™re getting in time yoga - I find it to be helpful with stress as well. I really need to do it more regularly. 

@itsfi  Firm, bouncy and hydrated sounds like my kind of mask! Happy to hear this one worked out beautifully for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ohhh, I think your skin will like this one @Shosh85. โ™ฅ๏ธ I did some quick research on the brandโ€™s other sheet mask offerings and they apparently have an hyaluronic acid based  one that is good. ๐Ÿคฉ Iโ€™ll hold off until I finish up the ones Iโ€™ve set aside for this year and make my way through some I picked up earlier this year, but after that . . . sheet mask shopping spree!!! ๐Ÿ› Well, sorta. Iโ€™ll have โ€œrulesโ€ in place so my mask supply doesnโ€™t get too out of hand again. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ 

G is for grape and Glow Recipe.   
i loooooove the scent of the pure smile grape essence masks!   Sad Iโ€™ve only got one more of this scent and the Japan conference isnโ€™t happening (physically) this year.   I suppose this gives me an opportunity to actually use things up.  
the glow pop is fantastic.   This is my third tube.   How do they go so quickly?   

6DA53FA8-D264-4F64-B710-01C1A7A3EBF8.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@heartsmyface this sounds like a great combo! Hope you start feeling better!

@heartsmyface  Mmmm, I love grape scented masks! This one sounds great! It's too bad you won't be able to pick some more up for awhile, but I guess shopping your stash isn't such a bad thing - something I need to work on too! ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85   Iโ€™ve been saying I need to shop my stash for years so this is a good thing.  I donโ€™t like that itโ€™s being forced but hey, maybe we can get the mask hoarding under control and perhaps halved by Christmas?  ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ˜

@heartsmyface, making a note to look for this mask after I get through some more masks and when the local boutiques reopen. Does your GR watermelon balm / scrub have a lot of scrubby granules in it? Mine seems more like a balm because it doesn't have much of the granules for any exfoliation.

Good to see you hearts! Hope you and the fam are doing well. Miss you! ๐Ÿค—

@itsfi   Itโ€™s slightly gritty upon application but not to the point I feel any heavy exfoliation.  It hasnโ€™t replaced sugar scrubs or anything.  I think I might actually prefer it if they omitted the granules.  

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

G for Gold, \"white Gold\" This stuff is sooooo thick! but does surprisingly soak in well & fast. I did have to bump the bottle on the countertop to get the thickness to drop. ๐Ÿ˜œ Theres enough in the packet for a good 2-3 masks, so i wanted to move the rest to a bottle to refrigerate. Leaving it on overnight so will update tomorrow. Next Morning Update: you do rinse it off in the morning, which i did with ease. Fit? its a thick cream Smell? its really nice! its familiar but cant place it? maybe sheet mask scent in cream form๐Ÿค” Consistency? soaks in good, without tack. You won't stick to your pillow or blankets WHICH is a huge plus for me! Ease of use? ok, no issues Would I  purchase/try again? it delivered on its promises. Yesterday was hot! and my face is feels restored & nourished. Happy to have more๐Ÿค—

Yes!! I'm in love with this mask @sonnydee 

It was a good performing mask @lmaster it just sounds gross!๐Ÿ˜ฌ

@sonnydee   As much as I dislike the wording โ€˜donkey milkโ€™ I have had nothing but good experiences with Products containing donkey milk.  I need to put this one on โ€˜the listโ€™. 

It just sounds so  gross! I kept passing up on it...maybe next time....but im glad now, i gave it a try @heartsmyface ah! "the list" ...ever growing & multiplying ๐Ÿ˜œ

Ohh, I love the Soo'Ae Donkey Milk Sheet Masks so I'm very excited to see how the sleeping mask version works out for you, @sonnydee!

It performed really well. I think i have the sheet masks too @quspork I bet they are especially perfect for wintertime

1 Reply
testing